Prologue: Dear, Irene

Dear, Irene
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiiiingg.........

Make it stop.

...... Tiiiiiiiiiiiinggg.....

Please.

.........TIIIIIIIINGGGG

STOP!

"Irene!"

Irene finally shook her head, looking incredibly discombobulated. She looked down at the hands interlaced with her own, noticing how cold hers was in comparison to Jennie's, who'd come to her the moment Irene said she needed a friend through the phone. "Sorry," The raven promptly apologized for her mental absence, her shoulders sagging after being pulled out from the recent, horrid memory. Jennie shook her head in reply.

"Don't be." She said in a soft voice, caressing Irene's arm gently, the same way Wendy used to during her time of need. Irene turned her gaze from their hands to Jennie, before the tears started forming in the corners of her eyes.

"It hurts, Jennie," Irene admitted. Jennie nods, tears forming in her eyes as well.

"I know. I'm sorry, unnie." 

A sob escaped Irene's lips as the memories of the past twenty four hours come back to her. She wished she could go back in time, go to when she and Wendy were significantly younger so that they could've spent more time together. There was even a part of her that wished she'd never gotten to know Wendy at all, because at least then she wouldn't be here, wishing for the extreme pain inside her chest to disappear. Irene wondered if this was what Wendy felt, to always feel pain inside. But she quickly dismisses the thoughts. For what it was, she was glad she got to know Wendy. And there was no amount of pain that she could ever experience that would match Wendy's in her final moments. Even when she was leaving, Wendy probably hated knowing that her breaths were her last few, because she would then be leaving Irene.

"It's not fair." Irene cried as Jennie ran her hand down her hair. "We're barely twenty. She didn't get to live her life yet. She was supposed to spend it with me."

Jennie nodded to everything Irene had said. "She promised... We both promised to spend more time together. It's supposed to be her birthday in a few days...."  With every word, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter