Dul

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's be honest. 

There was no gathering here. 

They had spent numerous trips together, but their jobs just didn't allow them to be more adventurous than a visit to some random caves beside beaches. Hell, they didn't even have a chance to go overseas for any vacation, beside the forementioned trip to Danang that was actually an extended conference by Byulyi's company. That was why the lawyer saw both of their recent achievements as the perfect chance to convince Yongsun for a hiking tour in Ha Giang, the northernmost mountainous province of Vietnam, where she knew her partner would fall madly in love with. 

She was thankful that Jisoo and Jennie were supportive of her made-up story. Nevertheless, they almost gave her an heart attack suggesting that Jinwoo, their four-year-old son, tag along with the couple to increase its reliability. It took her a while to make them turn down the idea, as it would not only cause her an additional burden, but it also wouldn't be safe for such a child to endure a long bumpy trip with basic accommodation. 

Everything was set, and here they were, making themselves comfy with their seats as passengers were flooding the plane aisles, on December 29th. 

- Let me read the itinerary again. - Byulyi took out the paper she printed from her laptop. - Well, our flight to Noi Bai International Airport will be about 4 hours long. We are staying at the main city of Ha Giang province for the first night, Dong Van Town for the next two nights before heading back to the capital and go home. 

- That sounds exhausting already. - Yongsun sighed. - There's a time difference between Seoul and Vietnam right?

Byulyi nodded. - Two hours difference. So we arrive there at about eleven at noon local time, have lunch at a local restaurant and get on a limousine to the homestay. Then I assume we will arrive at our place about night, perfect time for a rest. The addresses and contacts are all here.

- A limousine? - Yongsun cut her off. - You're saying we're travelling up the mountain in a whole limousine?

- Ah, that... - It took Byulyi some seconds to realize her lover's implying meaning. - I will leave it to your imagination.

Yongsun could only nod. She was still amazed by the fact that Byulyi could set such a detailed plan, considering she was too shy to even talk to the pizza hotline when they ordered take-out. Despite having done some basic research and speed learning popular and necessary phrases in Vietnamese, she just didn't really enjoy the feeling of not being in control. On the other hand, Byulyi's ambiguity was enough to make her excited.

- Yong, don't think too much. - The younger woman's soothing voice snapped her out of the trance. - I know this is a new place and I'm in charge or the plan preparation, but I will try my best to make this trip as enjoyable as possible, okay?

- Okay. - Her face finally broke into a smile. - I trust you.

And she knew it was going to be enjoyable. She just knew. Or it was the fact that Byulyi and her were on this trip together. Or the possibility of bringing home a souvenir and a fiancee back home.

***

Yongsun stared at the "limousine" in front of her in disbelief. She opened , then closed it, and turned to Byulyi flabbergasted.

- This is THE limousine you are talking about?

- Yes. 

- You could have told me they rented a minibus!

- But this looks quite expensive doesn't it? - Byulyi laughed at her girlfriend's reaction. 

- Wow... and I've expected...

- For an actual limousine to go up numerous mountain hills and shortcuts? I really doubt so. - The younger woman softly kissed her pout away. - I've prepared so much more surprises for you, Ddun. Just watch.

Their private tour guide and driver, named Trung, not only knew English like Yongsun expected, but was also skillful in Korean, which made her relax even more, grateful that Byulyi had gone extra miles to make sure she was comfortable. The couple both took time looking outside the bus windows and marvelled at the scenes on the side of the highway. Many parts of the roads were facing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter