Hana

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Yah! There's no time to lose! - Mrs. Kim yelled at her husband. - Byulyi is literally waiting outside!

- Just a minute! Get on the car first, I'll be right there! - shouted back Mr. Kim.

- This man, really... - The lady secretly sighed before heading to the familiar car parking in front of their doorstep.

- Hi, sweetie. - She gladly greeted the woman behind the wheel after going in. - When is she going to finish her presentation?

- Hello, eomma. Is appa ready? Yongsun just texted me it was her turn now. If I manage to dodge traffic then we might be able to get there a little before she's done. - Byulyi turned around and glanced at her hands, amused. - Why are you bringing so many things?

- Every time Yongsun talks to me on the phone, she always tells me she's swamped with work and research. - Mrs. Kim sighed once again. - We just want to bring her something from home to pamper her. She was always so thin after finishing a big project.

The lawyer could barely contain her laughter. If the lady knew her daughter had been gaining weight due to the excessive amount of food she fed her during all this time.

Just think about it. There were two people in a house, and they both had to eat to live, right? When one was so busy she couldn't make time to cook anything, the other had to be the one in charge of their food intake. Everyone knew Byulyi wasn't good at cooking, didn't cook often and absolutely despise cooking, but she didn't want them to order take away every day; it would be too unhealthy. And for the first time in ever Byulyi walked into the kitchen and self-taught herself the art of food properly.

Things got a little tricky at first; there were times when Yongsun woke up at 9 am to hear that her lover had tried making lasagna six times and failed all of them. But as long as Byulyi wanted, there was nothing she couldn't do, and after two weeks she was finally able to cook a full breakfast for her girlfriend (and ro hide her cuts from her first times with knives). Since then, she had been improving significantly, and although obviously her skills weren't as good as Yongsun's, the latter could finally be less worried about her girlfriend not maintaining a healthy diet when she wasn't home.

Back to the present, the car had now stopped in front of College of Human Ecology, Yonsei University. The trio hurriedly made their way into the institute. Chorong, a close friend of the psychiatrist in their doctorate class, informed Byulyi that Yongsun had just finished her presentation and was now receiving feedbacks and scores from the judges. The family went to the waiting room adjacent to the main one, and the lawyer paced back and forth as she waited for her to come out.

The door opened, revealing a gorgeous woman in a pencil black skirt, white shirt and blouse. Yongsun smiled even more widely seeing her girlfriend standing right there with a big bouquet of flowers on her hand. Not wasting a second, Yongsun ran to her like a child and hugged her tightly, exclaiming:

- I did it! I'm so happy right now Byul-ah!

- Congratulations, Yong. - Byulyi gently caressed her hair. - You deserve it. You've been working very hard.

Yongsun was highly praised for her project on examining mental health conditions of South Korean LGBTQ+ youth, introducing painstakingly tailored therapy techniques for those with special backgrounds. By the end of next year, she would officially get a physical copy of her Doctor of Psychology degree.

Byulyi got all smug knowing one of the judges complimented the PowerPoint presentation; all-nighters spent refining and designing the slide beside her working lover definitely paid off. But above all, she was elated at her girlfriend's accomplishment. Rooted from their own experiences, this project really involved Yongsun's blood, sweat and tears with an aim to make this society a safer and more open place for those who were disadvantaged in life.

Byulyi volunteered to be Yongsun's personal photographer. Moments were captured: the doctor with the flowers; the three of Yongsun's family; the couple being lovey-dovey in front of everyone; the four of them standing in one frame.

- Baby, - Byulyi called while Yongsun was gathering her things. - do you want to eat out or have a meal at home today?

- Can't I have both? - She slightly whined. - I don't even want to consider anything; I'm so exhausted already.

- Why not? - The lawyer replied with a cheeky smile that made Yongsun doubt if she was planning something. - Since eomma and appa are here, why don't we cook something light for lunch and go out for dinner?

- That sounds like a great plan. - Whatever the younger woman was going to do, it was going to be great. Yongsun decided to go with the flow. - Thank you so much, Byul-ah.

- Don't mention it. I'm your partner, after all. - Byulyi wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. She looked at Yongsun lovingly. - Let's go home, shall we?

 

Lunch went smoothly at their apartment. Yongsun squealed in delight upon seeing a whole table of her favorite dishes, prepared by one and only Byulyi. Despite the dismay when the psychiatrist's parents refused to let the couple drive them home and instead took the subway, both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter