Ichijinie

PLAY WITH THE THUNDER

Two black Maserati stopped in front of a convenience store. Two passengers wore all black suit came out and walked to the second car where Jungkook and Yoongi came out.

 

“We walk from here to the restaurant” Min Yoongi informed his youngest brother and their personal assistants

 

“Is it far from here, hyung?”

 

“No, it’s right behind this store. Five minutes walking” The oldest walked side by side with the youngest “You remember what I said last night right? We must be careful so that Jin and his family don’t know what we are doing. I told Jackson about this too”

 

Jungkook nodded but suddenly stopped on his track and turned around to his assistant, “Do you guys have jacket or something? That outfit is too obvious”

 

Kai shook his head while Yoongi’s assistant replied, “I’ll go change now”.

 

“I told Daniel to bring casual outfit last night” Yoongi commented while his fingers busy typing message on his cellphone “I share our location to Jackson”

 

Jungkook heard Yoongi but he was uneasy about Kai’s outfit. He really forgot to tell Kai… WAIT! “Kai, there’s a white plastic bag on my seat. You choose something to wear from there. Later drop that plastic bag to laundry”

 

Kai left right away while Yoongi giggled, “It must be hard for him to be your assistant”

 

“I don’t think so, he just need to wear dirty clothes” Jungkook giggled “you forgot Namjoon’s assistant”

 

Right. Kim Namjoon is beyond clumsy. He broke many things unporposedly and the assistant is often the one to blame by every one because the very basic and common rule said that ‘the boss is always right’. And honestly, even though Kim Namjoon never blame his assistant or treat them bad, judging wrongly by people around you is quite a deal. That’s why Kim Namjoon had 21 former assistants. The current one is the 22nd and the first female assistant named Hwasa. When Bang Shihyuk hired Hwasa, he hopes she could endure Namjoon’s destructive hands’ and has endless patience because he believes that his second son is a sweet genius who can’t control his energy. He believes Namjoon is the living epitome of ‘God infinite justice’ because even though his son has a very high IQ, he can’t do a simple task like tying shoes. Even to cut a melon, his son need to google the tutorial first. But amazingly, Namjoon’s accuracy in shooting is impeccable and made him the best sniper in Bangtan.

 

“Jungkook-ah, let’s go in”

 

It was past 4pm when Yoongi and Jungkook arrived in front of the jajangmyeon restaurant. It was located on the second main road nearby Ewha university. The two storey building was big enough even though a bit shabby and old. The restaurant name carved on the wood aesthetically. It was hanging next to the entrance door. ‘Ichijinie’ Jungkook read silently while passing. Once inside he noticed a leakage marks on the right corner of the ceilings. There were also some cracks here and there on the wall.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Yoongi eyed the menu once they reached their reserved table

 

“Seafood jajangmyeon. Do they have it?”

 

“Okay. Me too” The oldest wrote down their orders “Drinks? Sprite? Cola?”

 

“Cola”

 

Jungkook studied his surroundings just in case. It’s became his habit whenever he come to a new place. His head always rotates doing speculation, assumption, possibilities of anything that may happen if their mafia things called out. He wants to be well prepared for the worse because he hates losing. Losing in his world means you could lose big money, lose a finger, or even lose a life. There is never an easy lose in Mafia world, and besides.. Everybody want to be a winner, right? No one wants to be a loser.

 

“Suga-hyung!”

 

“Jackson!” Yoongi rose up from his seat to give the younger a hug “Long time no see hyung”

 

“Yeah, last time we met you left early with your new girlfriend” Yoongi confirmed while handing the menu to Jackson

 

“Ah that girl, we broke up a month ago” Jackson answered while wrote down his order “I flirted with her younger sister and get caught. I didnt know that her sister is ier!”

 

Both Yoongi and Jackson laughed and Jungkook just smiled widely. Jungkook never date before so he doesnt understand why people flirt around when they already have a lover.. why people date if one of them will leave for others? What is the reason people agree to date? Seriously, why people want to date? Jungkook tilted his head a little to shook away this pointless thought

 

“Jin, this is our orders!”

 

Suga shouted while holding the paper contain of their orders. The guy that previously sat behind cashier walked toward their table. Jungkook’s eyes blinked two times. Why this temporary lecture is every where?! How many jobs he has?!

 

“Are all your friends here already?” Jin took the paper

 

“Yes, this table, that one, and those two tables are all my friends” Yoongi said “please make it in one receipt. I will pay”

 

“are you celebrating something?”

 

“Ah yes, it’s Jackson’s graduation” Yoongi lied and glanced at Jackson

 

“Hi, I’m Jackson”

 

Jungkook watched Yoongi lied and Jackson played along and the temporary lecture just cheerfuly served them, clueless.

 

“And this is Jungkook”

 

Yoongi introduced and Jin smiled

 

“Hi Jungkook, I remember you are one of my student in Marketing management class, right?”

 

“Really?” Yoongi’s eyes widened

“Right” Jungkook uneasily smiling “Sorry for making a little scene at that day”

 

“You make a scene?” Yoongi looked to his step brother “what did you do?”

 

“It was nothing Yoongi-ah” Seokjin said “I will prepare your orders, please wait”

 

After Seokjin left the table, Yoongi looked back to Jungkook again, giving his step brother a questioned look.

 

“What?!” Jungkook asked “He is a temporary lecture just for few months” Yoongi still has questioning look and Jungkook know it was not the answer his brother wants

 

“I only made a tiny scene hyung. I just kick a table because I didnt like the noise I heard, that’s all”

 

“What noise?”

 

“Classmate. Gossiping”

 

“Ah, okay”

 

Yoongi back to talked with Jackson about their big transaction while Jungkook spreading his eyes around the situation in the restaurants. He watched a couple choosing from menu, three high schooler sat at the very corner with opened books on the table, a middle age man chewing his jajangmyeon.. then he saw the temporary lecture walked fast here and there delivering orders. He seems tired but his cheerful smile stay on his pretty face.

 

CLANGGGGGG~~~~~~

 

“” Jungkook hissed

 

A waiter fell beside Jungkook and the tray along with foods and drinks on top of it fell on Jungkook’s left thigh. It was smoking hot and made Jungkook abruptly stand. Kai stood up on reflex when he heard the noise came from his master’s table. He run out right away after learned what was happened.

 

“You’re okay?” Yoongi concernly asked his little brother

 

Jungkook just nodded but Seokjin was worry “Oh my god! Are you okay?” Seokjin put his tray on empty table and approached Jungkook “I’m sorry, he’s a new waiter. He’s still not use to have so many foods and drinks on the tray”

 

“It’s okay Jin” Yoongi said and noticed that Kai was back with a spare pants “Jin, do you mind if Jungkook change his pants on your bedroom? He is sensitive to smell”

 

“I dont mind, it’s okay” Jin answered fast “Follow me”

 

Kai gave the pants to Jungkook “from the white plastic bag” Kai grinned knowing his young master too well “Sprayed perfume. Done”

 

~~~

 

Seokjin’s bedroom was on the second floor of the restaurant. The stairs to the second floor was narrow, only fit for one person. Jungkook changed his pants with one that supposed to be in laundry service after the dinner. He was thinking to buy one pants along the way back because he knew too well that Yoongi and Jackson will continue their meeting to other place. He knew too well that in his world; there was never a business dinner without alcohol.

 

The youngest mafia looked around Seokjin’s small room. A single bed without frame placed on the corner where across of it was a small table with laptop, books, notes, and stationary on top. A standing fan beside the table and medium cupboard placed side by side with bookshelf on the other corner. Jungkook stood in front of the bookshelf to see what kind of books Seokjin has. Then he saw some pictures splaying on empty space of the shelf. The mafia figured out that young Seokjin with glasses was on the pictures. Puberty is really something.. Jungkook unconciously smiled.. Kim Seokjin become a pretty man.

 

“Are you done?” Seokjin opened his bedroom’s door to find Jungkook looking at his pictures “That’s me and my parents 15 years ago”

 

“I didn’t see them on the restaurant. They’re not working here?” Jungkook asked

 

“They’re passed away 15 years ago”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that”

 

“It’s okay. It’s a past” Seokjin smiled and opened the door wide

 

Jungkook got the gesture. He took his ruined pants from the floor then walked out from the room with Seokjin tailing behind.

~~ End Chapter 3~~