The temporary lecturer

PLAY WITH THE THUNDER

“Hyung, I killed Bfree and his minions already”

 

Suga nodded twice “Good job! You’re the only brother that I could trust Kook” said Suga while patting his step brother’s shoulder “so where’s the body?”

 

“The body may be somewhere at Gangnam’s hospital. I threw away the head in Han river”

 

Yes, Jeon Jungkook was the youngest son of the mafia family in South Korea. His dad was a big boss in Bangtan mafia group, named Bang Shihyuk. He was very well-known with his persistence, discipline, cruelty, and his loyalty to one wife and three mistresses. His wife gave him a son named Min Yoongi or known as Suga. Then each mistress also gave a son for Bang Shihyuk, named Kim Namjoon, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook.

 

The four sons of Bang Shihyuk were living in a luxurious mansion in Hannam hill altogether with his wife and himself. The three mistresses were living in residential given by Bang Shihyuk. Namjoon’s mother, Kim Yein, lived in Myeondong. Then Kim Hana, Taaehyung’s mother, was happy to have a house near Yeouido park. And the last one is Jungkook’s mother, Jeon Eunmin, who preferred to reside in apartment nearby Seoul train station in Yongsan area.

 

Bang Shihyuk was a demonic mafia boss and could getting worse if his enemy or anyone dare to hurt his family. He treasured each of his family members beyond expectation. He didn’t mind if his sons had their mother’s family name instead of his. That’s why none of them had “Bang” in their names. Name is not a tangible things, if one of his family member wants a Liberty statue, Bang Shihyuk definitely will create one! A fake one of course! Well, to Bang Shihyuk name is just a name, the most important is the family bond they have.

 

“Jungkook-ah, do you have any plan for Saturday’s afternoon?” Suga asked while sipping whiskey cola then inhaled his cigarette.

 

“No, I don’t have one. Why?”

 

“Come with me to see Jackson”

 

“What for?”

 

“He wants to buy my club in Hondae”

 

“Go ask Namjoon-hyung. They are best friend”

 

“Because they’re best friend I can’t take Namjoon”

 

Jungkook muted. He watched Suga stubbed out his Marlboro menthol in a wood ashtray while wondering why..

 

“Jungkook-ah, if Namjoon with me, Jackson will ask for discount!”

 

The younger boy cracked a little smile after hearing his oldest brother.

 

Being the youngest son of Bangtan mafia group was kind of a headache. His stepbrothers were often asked him to do this and that, from a matter of life or death to a weirdest one. His daily activities were also very packed. In the morning Jungkook go to campus for his master study then after that some exercises were waiting at home. It could be some martial art, shooting, English or Japanese lesson, and Business management private course. The youngest man seriously didn’t have time for himself, moreover for falling in love..

                                                                     

“Jungkook wake up” Kai the personal assistant shook Jungkook’s body and shook it harder “Jeon Jungkook please wake up” Kai said hopelessly after 7 minutes tried his best to woke up his young master. He then peevishly pulled off Jungkook’s blanket while sighed deeply “I beg you, please wake up young master Jeon Jungkook”.

 

Kai’s effort was success. The baby mafia opened his eyes and stared at his assistant who was folding his blanket.

 

“Young master you’re awake?” Kai took a glance while put the folded blanket on the edge of the bed.

 

“I told you to not call me young master if no one’s around, I hate it” Jungkook yawned and stretched his body.

 

“Here” Kai handed a dark blue towel “Today your class begin one hour earlier, remember?”

 

Jungkook freeze for two seconds then grabbed the towel. He remembered that the Marketing Management lecturer had three months permission leave and the substitute lecturer will start the class one hour earlier. Rumors said that the substitute lecturer is as strict as the bald lecturer.

 

~~~

 

“Good morning, my name is Kim Seokjin. I will be in charge for this class for two months until Park Sihan come back”

 

Jungkook yawned. So this is the baldie substitute? From his appearance and face only, it seems he’s far from strict. This man is definitely younger than the baldie, maybe just few years older than Suga. He is physically more like a high-end model whose poster printed as big as doors and displayed in high branded shops. Smiles are also thrown here and there while he’s teaching.. What about the rumors said that he’s a strict proffesor? Strict my .   

 

“If the professor is a pretty boy like this, I don’t mind to sit all day long in this class” said a brunette on Jungkook’s right.

 

“Lets’ sit on the front line tomorrow! We should enjoy God’s beautiful creation” replied a girl next to the brunette girl

 

“If only I knew that the professor is as fine as an actor, I will sit on the front!”

 

“Next week the front row gonna be a hot seat. No more empty seat”

 

“Yeah, I’m looking forward for next week. It will be interesting! I don’t mind second row by the way”

 

‘damn’ Jungkook cursed silently. Boys and Girls are all the same whenever it comes to pretty faces! ‘I just want to study in peace!!

 

“It must be good to his swollen lips” said a girl who sat exactly behind Jungkook

 

“I heard if one has swollen lips means that that person is a good kisser”

 

Jeon Jungkook took a deep breath. He really wants to call Kai to sealed his classmates’ mouth and slurring profanities at them, showing them his real identity so they know that study is not the only way to survive this hard life.

 

“Or maybe a good er”

 

Jungkook heard guy’s voice from row behind him snickered and that’s it.. Jungkook exhaled slowly. He didn’t have any patience left so he wordlessly stood up and purposely kicked the table then walked straight to the front. The whole room became quiet because of Jungkook’s sudden act while he just continued to walk to the front row seat. He sat right in front of the baldie substitute and opened his book like nothing happened.

 

At first Kim Seokjin was taken aback when he saw Jungkook abruptly stood up. Then he sighed and continued his class after he saw Jungkook opened his book. Today was his first day working as lecturer, he must keep calm and patient. Shouldn’t leave bad impression on the first day. ‘You can do it Kim Seokjin!’ He cheered up himself.

 

~~~

 

“Kai, the last lesson is cancelled. What is my schedule after this?”

 

“You have a ‘broshoot’ in Nebula lounge at 4pm. Woobin-hyung have reserved for 5”

 

“Who is the ‘plus one’?”

 

“Bae Suzy. Taehyung’s new girlfriend”

 

“New girlfriend?! He already broke up with the previous one?”

 

“Yes, he broke up last month. At that time you were busy with Suga’s special assignment”

 

“Yeah I remember, he asked for Bfree’s head” Jungkook walked toward a small garden next to his campus building “Now pick me up at the usual. I’m going to a book store”

 

Five minutes after the conversation on the phone, a black Maserati stopped in front of Jungkook. A bodyguard with black suit sat on the driver seat and Kai was sitting beside him. The atmosphere inside the car was quiet because the baby mafia chatted with his mother on the phone.

 

“Mom, I’m going home tomorrow’s afternoon”

 

“Okay, don’t forget to tell your dad”

 

“I have asked his permission yesterday” Jungkook informed “Also, I want steak for tomorrow’s dinner”

 

“You buy the ingredient and I will cook it for you”

 

“Alright mom”

 

Jungkook inserted his latest Iphone to the jacket’s pocket on his lap. Half of his head contemplated about his young mother who lived alone in a big luxury apartment for years… like a mistress. Yes, Jeon Eunmin was giving birth to Jungkook when she was 18. At that time Jeon Eunmin was a poor teenage from Daegu who tried her luck by coming to Seoul and working as a waitress. The high cost of living at Seoul forced Eunmin to have a second job that pay higher. Of course, the higher income you got, the higher sacrifice you should make. The pretty and innocence young Eunmin became a host in a karaoke bar where she must doll up to be picked. There she met a 35 years old Bang Shihyuk.

 

“Kai, don’t follow me. I’ll be quick” Jungkook wore sunglasses and mask then took his jacket “Pick me up here in 30 minutes”

 

After Jungkook heard ‘okay’, he closed the car’s door and walked to the book store. He went straight to Psychological shelves and picked two books. Then he moved to Art shelves where he noticed the temporary lecturer was arranging books. Okay, so he worked part time here..  looked younger than his age with the store’s uniform, so Jungkook thought.

 

“Do you need some help?” Kim Seokjin smiled offering help. He couldn’t recognize Jungkook.

 

The youngest mafia shook his head and walked pass Seokjin to scan the shelves. He then took another two books from it. Jungkook left for Management shelves where he stood long enough to scan. Too many tittles, too many choices, and tragically graduation was 18 months away! IF! Yes, of course IF everything are under control. Seriously, study is . Exams are harder than shoot someone. Jungkook sighed and about to put last book on his hold when Seokjin came.

 

“Here” The brunette haired man gave Jungkook a basket for his books “you might need it. Those art books are big and too thick to hold”.

 

Again. Kim Seokjin smiled brightly like he did when he was teaching this morning. He didn’t have any idea that the man he offered the basket was the student who made a scene on his class this morning. It could be the black leather jacket, the sunglasses, the black mask or the man bun that fooled Seokjin’s eyes.. or could it be Jungkook’s aura?

 

“Thanks” Jungkook took the basket, put the books on it including the management book and left to pay. In the middle of his way to the cashier, he stopped and took a book titled ‘101 way to beat your enemy’.

 

~~End Chapter 1~~