it’s nothing.

jealousy is a disease.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello all! I decided to combine this chapter and the next, since chapter 7 ended up being much shorter than I expected. So now there will be 9 total chapters instead of 10! It just felt much more organized that way. BUT in exchange, there will be an epilogue chapter at the end! 

I hope you all enjoy!

Anyways, how about half of the chapter in Yujin's perspective? Sounds good? Great! :)

 

-

 

About a week after the restaurant incident, not much has changed. 

Wonyoung still returned to work that next Monday as planned. But, the past few days at work, Wonyoung has made sure to avoid Yujin as much as possible without being too obvious about it. She requested to her supervisor to not be doing the same task as Yujin at all any more and has avoided standing close enough to her that she could initiate a conversation.

However, Wonyoung's plan is far from perfect, and Yujin started to notice. 

She doesn't understand. Why would Wonyoung be avoiding her like this? Was it something she did? She can't think of anything she could've done to make her long-time best friend to start to avoid her. She starts to worry as she makes drinks for the customers. As far as she has known, she has done nothing that could have upset Wonyoung. But she wants to check and make sure she didn't do anything to hurt her feelings, so Yujin plans on confronting her.

She also plans on sharing some big news with her soon anyways.

So, once their shifts were over and the café closes, Yujin makes sure to confront Wonyoung. She can notice Wonyoung moving away from her slightly as she moves over. So, before she can escape, Yujin grabs Wonyoung by the sleeve, holding her back.

"Wonyoung, we need to talk," Yujin states plainly. She hears Wonyoung sigh and turn to face her. She then lets go of her sleeve, furrowing her brows as she glances back at the younger woman.

"Wonyoung, what is up with you?" Yujin asks, sounding confused. "What's wrong? Why are you avoiding me?"

"What? I'm not avoiding you. I was just doing my job and had no idea you wanted to talk to me," Wonyoung answers defensively, crossing her arms. "Why do you think I'm trying to avoid you?"

"You haven't said a word to me in days," Yujin sighs. "On top of that, you literally just tried to walk away when you saw me start to approach you. Don't act dumb, Wonyoung. I know you're better than that," she glares at Wonyoung as she speaks. "Be honest with me. Why are you avoiding me? You know that you're my best friend and you can tell me anything."

"I am being honest," Wonyoung snaps back, seeming a little flustered. "It's nothing, I promise. I am not avoiding you at all. But if it seems like that, it's not on purpose and I apologize."

Yujin decides to leave it at that and not question any further. Wonyoung is seeming awfully stubborn.

"Okay, I believe you," Yujin sighs again. "But if I have said or done anything to hurt your feelings, please let me know. I can't live on knowing I might have accidentally hurt you."

"I will, I promise," Wonyoung responds. Yujin notices Wonyoung hesitate and take a big gulp. However, she decides not to question it at all. She doesn't want to seem pushy.

-

Wonyoung feels like she is going to faint. 

Her cover might have fallen. She thinks so just by the way Yujin is looking at her suspiciously. She gulps nervously, before speaking up again.

"So... what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" Wonyoung asks, a bit of guilt panging at her heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter