tension.

jealousy is a disease.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week has passed.

Wonyoung prepares for work, tying her apron on and pulling her long hair back. 

Work has been normal, except for when she has to interact with Yujin. She can't help but feel awkward whenever she talks to her, trying to repress her own feelings that will not go away. Even then, she is excited to see her there every day she works. She cares about Yujin a lot, obviously, so she is happy to see her doing alright.

Wonyoung heads off to work and after a short drive, she arrives there bright and early. When she walks into the café, she is greeted by her supervisor.

"Good morning Wonyoung! You ready to get to work?" Her supervisor greets her, a smile across her face.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Wonyoung answers, smiling right back at her.

"Good. Glad to see you here. You'll be working on drinks today," she informs her. Wonyoung nods and heads right over after clocking in. She begins to work as customers walk in and order drinks.

But it doesn't take her long for her to realize something important is missing. Yujin is not here today. It's not like Yujin to not show up to work, especially knowing how hard-working she is. Wonyoung begins to worry, distracting her from her work.

Wonyoung messes up one of the coffees and has to start over completely, letting out a deep sigh. It feels so wrong for Yujin to not be here. Wonyoung knows that Yujin was scheduled to work today, so why isn't she here? Wonyoung gets anxious over the different possibilites.

Did she sleep in through her alarm? Is she sick? Or did something worse happen to her? Wonyoung worries, hoping that her best friend and longtime crush is alright.

That was when the glass door to the café opened and in walked a familiar face.

Though, it was not the familiar face she was hoping for. It was Gaeul, the one face she was hoping not to see. Wonyoung can't help but roll her eyes once Gaeul calls out to her.

"Hey! Wonyoung! How are you doing?" Gaeul greets her. Wonyoung turns to one of her co-workers. Without saying it, she agrees to momentarily take over for Wonyoung while she goes to talk to Gaeul. She knows she cannot just ignore her. She has no choice but to chat for her, but hopefully just for only a little bit.

"Oh hey!" Wonyoung responds to Gaeul, walk out from behind the counter to talk to her. "How are you? Where's Yujin? It's not like her to not show up to work."

"I'm fine! I decided to stop here since Yujin isn't working today. I never have the opportunity to try this place since I know I would get distracted by Yujin being here and end up late to work," Gaeul responds with a small chuckle as she takes a moment to look around. "Oh, and Yujin is sick today. I felt so bad for leaving her home alone, although she insisted that she would be fine. If I had the choice, I would stay home to nurse her back to health, but I really need to make sure I work today or we might not be able to make this month's rent."

"Oh..." Wonyoung frowns. "I'm sorry she's sick. Hopefully nothing too bad."

"Yeah, thankfully it's nothing too severe. Either some sort of stomach illness or a mild case of food poisoning," Gaeul responds with a shrug. "I am so tired after staying up with her last night, so I knew I had to stop for coffee or something like that. I was hoping you'd be working."

I should be the one taking care of her when she's sick. And she should be the one taking care of me when I'm sick. Wonyoung thinks, jealousy panging at her heart.

"I was hoping you would be working because I want your opinion on something," Gaeul continues to talk, pulling out her phone, going to pull something up on it. "I am planning on proposing to Yujin real soon. Since you're someone, other than myself, who knows her best... I decided it would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter