THE BLOSSOMING AFFECTION

Heaven's Gift


They went out of the library and headed to the School’s faculty building to pass their work. They walk in silence that gave the two of them an awkward atmosphere. They placed their work in the table of their English teacher. Every teacher in the whole school has his/her own table in the faculty building. The room is large enough to accommodate all the teachers and professors in the whole school. There must be at least 250 all in all both teaching and non-teaching personnel.

After reassuring that they placed their research papers in the right table, the two decided to went home.

_”Oh my…I guess I have to walk back to our dorm. I didn’t bring my car with me because we walked to school this morning. Oh tough,” Ella thought.

They reached the gate without any single word to each other. Chun went to his car and Ella sat on a bench. Chun started the car’s engine.

“Hey, do want me to give you a ride?” Chun asked.

Ella, without any second thought, refused to take his offer.

“Come on. I can’t allow you to walk back to the dorm by yourself. It’s already 8:00 pm and the streets are already dark,” Chun insisted.

“Okay. Since you insisted,” Ella finally agreed.

He got out of his car and went on the other side to open the door for Ella.

“Hmm… Trying to be gentleman, eh?” Ella teased as she went inside the car.

Chun smiled and said.

“Why do I need to try if I’m already one?” then he closed the door.

_”Hmm…. His smile is melting my heart!” she thought. “But I can’t possibly let him know that I like him!”

Chun finally sat on the driver’s seat and went off.

The streetlights are very visible in the dark. Chun remained silent for so long. It seems like he forgot how to talk and open an interesting topic.

“Hey, why are you so silent?” Ella asked which gave Chun a shock.

“I’m not the only one who’s silent, you too,” Chun replied.

“Fine. I’m not saying a word because you’re not approachable,” Ella answered him back.

“Who told you so?”

“No one. Just my female instincts,”

“Actually I don’t think there’s something we need to talk about,”

“I want to know you better. Say something about yourself,”

“Well… I’m Wu Chun. You can call me Chun and I’m a Business Administration student,” he said still looking directly at the road.

“Not that kind of thing,” Ella’s growing impatient.

“You told me to say something about myself,” he said with a smirk.

“Ugh! What I mean is why are you such an introvert?” she said impatiently.

That question hit his heart like a bullet. Even he himself doesn’t know why.

“I don’t know,” he said in uncertainty.

“How can that be possible?” Ella asked in confusion.

“It’s possible.” He said plainly.

Ella wanted to throw him another question but they already arrived at the gate of her dorm.

“Here we are,” Chun said smiling at her hoping her to smile back but to his disappointment…

“I really wonder why I haven’t seen you smile in our class,” she blurted.

_”Wow. How unpredictable!” he thought.

When he didn’t answer, she shook her head and closed the door of the car.

“Anyway, thanks for the ride.” She said then walks directly to her dormitory.

Chun stared at her for so long until she’s already vague for his eyes to perceive.

“She’s one of a kind,” he mumbled. He then stared his car and went off.

Ella arrived at her dorm and headed directly to the cafeteria to take her supper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the music is everywhere making her quite dizzy.

“Ugh! My ear is aching! The music is absurdly loud!” She muttered. She knows that no one will possibly hear her because of the loud music. Not at all! It cannot be considered as music anymore. It’s noise!

There are many teenage girls dancing in the dance floor wildly. You can see from their expressions that they are enjoying unlike her who’s dreading it. The laser lights of different colors are hurting her eyes. The small beam of this light is the only barrier to the room’s darkness.

She’s sitting in the corner of the club looking at every face of the people hoping she’ll find him. Then her hope didn’t disappoint her. She found him. She decided to walk towards his direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After taking her supper, she walked upstairs and unlocked the door of her room. She’s so tired yet her eyes don’t want to sleep yet. So she decided to go to Selina’s room.

Ella knocked at the door for almost five times but no one answered.

_”Maybe Sel is still with Calvin in the club,” she muttered.

She went to Hebe’s room but then again, no one was answering.

_”Maybe they went on a date,”

So she just went back to her room and took a hot bath. It will be so soothing especially after a busy day.

_”I’ll just call Hebe and Selina after I clean myself,”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She approached him.

“Hey Cal,” she said but he seemed not to hear.

She called him again. But now, she shouted.

“Hey Cal!”

Now, he heard her.

“Oh! Hey Sel! Wanna dance?” he asked.

“Uhmm… Not this time. I’m feeling quite irritated by the loud music,” she answered.

“Huh?” he seemed not to hear again.
“I said I don’t feel like it,” she shouted back.

Now he got it.

“Oh,” He uttered.

“Hey Cal baby! C’mon let’s groove!” said one of the girls wearing a red tank top and a black mini skirt.

She can feel her blood boil when she saw her caressing his cheeks while holding a bottle of Martini in her right hand.

_”Ugh! What a flirt! It’s disgusting!” she muttered.

“Not now Miss. I have someone with me,” he said while reaching for Selina’s wrist.

The love lust lady seemed to get disappointed and walked away vanishing herself in the thick mob.

“Come. Let’s get out of here,” Calvin shouted.

Selina didn’t refuse when he pulled her out from the club to a park.

“Why did you take me here?” She asked.

“Nothing. I just want you to feel more comfortable. I can see you’re not at ease when we were in the club,” Calvin answered.

“I just didn’t expect that the crowd will be that much,” She reasoned out.

“ I see…” Calvin said.

They remained silent for a while. After a few minutes, Calvin broke the silence.

“Sel?” he said with his head bowed to the ground.

“Hmm?”

“I—I like you…” he stuttered. After saying those words, he decided to face her to see her facial expression. “Can you be my girlfriend?”

She’s shocked.

“Oh…” Is the only word that came from her.

“Wh—what does that mean?” He asked nervously.

“How can I know that you’re sincere?” She asked.

“I know you heard from them that I’m some kind of a playboy. But really… I’m serious,” he said sincerely.
“I need a proof,” Selina said looking at him straight in his eyes.

“Okay. Close your eyes,” he ordered.

She hesitated but managed to follow his order.

“You’re sure about this?” Sel asked frowning.

Without a word from him, she felt his warm lips against hers. She opened her eyes in shock. Then, she closed it gently and responded to his offer. He can feel her sweet lips participating in the action. He felt like his heart is going to explode from such a situation. His heart is beating so fast so as hers.

After a minute, Selina broke the kiss.

Calvin looked at her.

“So, is it a yes?”

“I don’t know. One thing for sure is it’s not a no,” she said smiling.

He smiled back and said.

“It’s my first kiss. There you know that I’m sincere,”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello guys! Here’s another chappie! Hope you’ll like it!


I really appreciate those who’re taking their time reading and commenting! Love you all!

Your comments and suggestions are most welcomed!!! ^ ^