THE REVELATION

Heaven's Gift

THE REVELATION


Chapter 10




After Ella changed to her pajamas, she decided to call Hebe while wiping her wet hair with a towel. She sat on her bed and dialed her number.



“Hey Elle!” said the voice in the other line.



“Hi Hebs, I just want to know if you’re with Selina right now,” she said.



“Oh, sorry but she’s not with me. I’m with Jiro. We’re still shopping here in the mall,” Hebe answered.



“Okay… Take care,”



“You too,”



Then, she hung up. She dialed Selina’s number. After several rings, she finally answered her call.



“Hello?”



“Sel. How’s your time there?”



“Oh! Hi Elle! I’m having such a great time here. It’s really peaceful,”



“Peaceful? Did I hear it correctly? I thought you’re with Cal,”



“Yeah, I’m with Cal,”



“But… since when did a club went peaceful?” she asked frowning.



“Actually, we’re not in the club anymore. We’re in a park. Calvin just…” Selina paused and turned to Calvin who happened to be buying some food for them.



“Calvin what?” Ella asked.



“He just confessed that he like me and now… We’re—“



Ella blocked her sentence.



“You’re together? OMG!!! OMG!!!”



Selina can hear Ella screaming in the other line.



“Calm down Elle. I’ll talk to you later when I get home. Excuse me because I haven’t eaten yet,”



“Okay, okay. Just take care huh?” Ella said.



“Don’t worry,” Selina replied then cut the line.



After putting her phone in the round desk next to her bed, she heard someone’s footsteps in the other room. She decided went out of her room to check it’s Hebe. When she was about to pull the doorknob, someone knocked at her door.



“Elle? Can I come in?”



“Oh sure Hebs,” Ella said opening the door.



“You’re quite fast huh? I just called you no 15 minutes ago then now you’re here,” Ella said while heading to her couch.



“Yeah. When you called, Jiro and I decided to go back because it’s already dark,” Hebe replied.



“So, how’s shopping?”



“I bought some clothes and I decided to buy you one,” she said extending her right arm to hand her a pink paper bag.



“Oh thanks!” She grabbed it and opened it. She was shocked with its style.



“You like it?” Hebe asked smiling.



The dress is a pink spaghetti strap with a white lace about an inch wide circling its waist. It ‘s a V-neck style with a white raffled collar extending to the back.



“Well, it’s too girly. Not that I wanted to complain but—“



“Yet you’re complaining. C’mon Elle. You’re charming! It’s time for you to show the world your hidden charms okay?” she said smiling.



Ella smiled. She doesn’t want her friend to get disappointed.



“So, how’s your research paper?” Hebe asked sitting in Ella’s bed.



“Well, we finished it on time,”



“Good! So how’s Chun?” Hebe asked with a suspicious smile that caused Ella to be uncomfortable.



“What do you mean how’s Chun?” Ella asked confused.



“Well most of the time, when teachers are giving us research papers, he’s not going to work by partner unless his partner is a guy,” she said grinning.



“So your point is?” Ella blurted.



“Maybe Chun likes you,” Hebe said without any second thoughts.



Her heart skipped a beat again. She doesn’t like it when her heart is beating abnormally. But whenever she’s with Chun, she can’t help it. She doesn’t have the power to control an involuntary action such as the pumping of the heart. No one can. But Chun is an exception. It seems like he can control her emotions whenever she’s with him. If not for her strong personality, he could’ve been possessed her mind and soul.



“Oh, c’mon Hebs. How can he possibly like me?” she said trying to hide her feelings but her blood rushed to her cheeks giving it a reddish color.



Hebe giggled.



“What?” Ella asked.



“You’re blushing!”



Ella didn’t say a word. So Hebe decided to get to the bottom of her uneasiness.



“Tell me all about it. Tell me how Chun treated you and how you work together,” Hebe said looking at Ella with bright eyes justifying her interest about the gossip.



“Well, after we parted ways, Chun and I went to the library. We were silent then he asked me why I transferred here. I told him the reason. My parents divorced and I’m forced to move to Taipei with my mom so I transferred here. He asked me if I like my new school. I said ‘A part of me yes and a part of me no’. He didn’t even bother to ask why. It’s so obvious that my answer is so lame yet he didn’t bother interrogating,” Ella stated and sighed.



Hebe nodded as a sign of comprehension. Ella continued.



“We went to the library and researched the topic. We argued with Eleanor Roosevelt’s birth year. He realized that he was wrong so he just remained silent. I can see that he’s pissed to I ti—“



Ella paused. She doesn’t want to tell Hebe that they tickled each other. She might give a fussy malice about it.



“You what?” Hebe asked.



“I… uh… I turned to the computer and make the final draft and print it. After I returned the book in the shelf where it’s before, I accidentally slipped my foot causing me to stumble but he caught me. We passed the paper to the teacher’s table in the faculty building then he gave me a ride home because I didn’t bring my car with me. That’s it. Nothing uncommon,” Ella finished.



“Nothing uncommon?” Hebe repeated her last two words.



“Yeah. I mean… I really don’t know why he’s like that. He’s so weird. He’s such an introvert,” Ella said crossing her arms below her chest.



“So you’re concern about him…”



“No I’m not. I mean… yes I am…. I mean no! I’m just curious,” Ella defended.



Hebe, after fixing her eyes straight to Ella’s eyes, said in conclusion.



“So I can say that…” She paused putting her index finger in her chin. “You like him.”



“Huh? What gave you that kind of ridiculous idea?” Ella shrieked.



“I can see it from your eyes. You’re so defensive while stating what happened and you like to know him better to feed your so called ‘curiosity’ about him,” she quoted.



“Okay, maybe… maybe I…” Ella can’t finish her sentence. If she’ll tell it to Hebe, it means that she’s accepting her feelings for him and she hate it. But it looks like she can’t hide it anymore.



“Maybe you?” Hebe continued interrogating her.



“Maybe I like him…” she let go of a sigh and put her right hand on her forehead.



“But I can’t!!!” She straightened her body as Hebe twitched a little.



“Whoa! You gave me a fright!” Hebe said.



“I can’t Hebs, I can’t fall for him,” Ella said shaking her head. “I don’t want to suffer again from a stupid relationship like before.”



“C’mon Elle. Move on! What if he’s the one? You’re supposed to be happy you’re given an opportunity like this again,” Hebe comforted her.



“Thanks Hebs. Okay,” She breathe deeply. “I’m not going to oppose my feelings for him but you need to promise me something first.”



“Anything,”



“Promise me you’re not going to let him know that I like him,” Ella narrowed her eyes to her.



“No need worry about that. You can count me in,” Hebe smiled then hugged her. Ella hugged her back.



“Are you planning to tell Sel about this?” Hebe asked when they parted.



“Yes. But she’s still—“ a familiar face standing the door cut her sentence.



“Hey Sel!” Ella greeted.



Selina smiled.



“Did I miss something?” Selina said walking to their direction.



“Actually we’re just talking about the way on how to tell you that Ella likes Chun,” Hebe said without any pause.



Selina’s eyes widen.



“You like Chun?! Oh my God!” Selina blurted out.



“Yeah right, but promise me not to tell him about it,” Ella said.



“Don’t worry,” Selina replied.



“But I think, you’ve got a more interested news worthy to be shared with us, right Sel?” Ella said raising her one eyebrow.



“Well…” Selina seemed shy.



“Well?” Hebe repeated.



“Actually, Calvin and I are a couple now,” Selina continued.



“Oh my… Congratulations!!!” Hebe cried.



Selina smiled. After chitchatting, they decided to call off the excitement and went to sleep.



“Bye guys, it’s been a long day,” Selina said.



“Right. It’s just the first day of class yet lots of things happened,” said Hebe.



“Sweet dreams guys,” said Ella as she close the door shut and went to sleep hoping she’ll be dreaming about Chun.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Next chapter is now finished! Thank you guys for patiently waiting for me to update this fanfic. Sorry because I promised to update this afternoon but it took me till night….




+++++++++++++



Hope you enjoy reading!!!



Please comment on my work again!! ^ ^



I will truly appreciate it! ^ ^