THE RESEARCH PAPER

Heaven's Gift



Ella and Chun soon reached the library. They went inside and saw some of their classmates also working out their research paper.

Inside the library, there are lots of books in their respective sections. The library is huge. There is an area where all manuscripts are located. Others are periodicals, others are encyclopedias, and others are compilation of research papers. In the right side of the library is an array of computers. There they decided to make their paper work. After searching the right shelf and get what book they needed, they went to the table.

Chun grabbed a sit for Ella. She took the offer. Chun and Ella are busy researching for the topic assigned to them. They are helping each other and even arguing in some points.

“No, look at this book. It says that Eleanor Roosevelt was born in 1884,” Ella pointed out the writing in the book.

“But in this book, it says that she’s born in 1883,” Chun argued.

“What? How can that be? Let me read this to you … ‘Eleanor Roosevelt’s personality was never revealed more dramatically than during her South Pacific tour of 1943 when she was fifty-nine years old’,” she quoted.

“Hence, if you subtract 59 from 1943, the result will be 1884,” she defended. Frowning.

“Are you saying that this book is wrong?” he asked looking at the book’s covers.

“Wait, on October 11, 1884…” He stopped.

“See?” Ella said raising her head higher while her eyes fixed on him. She crossed her arms in proudly.

“Okay then, whatever,” he surrendered. But by his facial expression, one can eventually notice that he’s a bit pissed.

Ella, sensing some tension going on, smiled a little and began tickling him.

“Hey, stop it!” Chun said in between his panting. He’s trying to control his laughter because they’re in the library.

“I can see you’re pissed! I bet no one has ever dared to contrast with your ideas,” she said still tickling him.
Chun can’t help himself but laugh. Luckily, there are only few students inside the room. Chun, after recovering, tickled her back. They were tickling each other and they found themselves laughing out loud with their hands holding their abdomen.

“Okay. That’s enough. We won’t be able to finish our paper if we continue goofing around,” Ella said trying to hold her laugh.

“Okay then. Anyway, I just requited to you what you deserve,” Chun agreed catching his breath.

They went back to their work. Ella is working it all out in the computer while Chun is unconsciously looking at her.

_”She’s cute. The blending of her features; her nose, her eyes that can seem to catch anyone’s trust, her kissable lips that one who doesn’t know how to hold his desire can fall helplessly to her charismatic charm. I’ve never had this kind of feeling before. Am I really falling for someone I barely know?”

He noticed her sigh. Then, glanced at the book again and continued typing not even noticing his gaze.

_”But I can’t break me oath. I swore and I can’t break that promise. I need to take control of this feeling though I think I like her. Who in his right mind wouldn’t? She’s perfectly kind and cheerful. No one ever dared to tickle me before because of my aloofness. But she… she’s different. She’s the only girl who made me laugh after all these years.”

He was brought back to reality when he heard her let go a big sigh of relief when she finished the research paper.

“At last! We’re done!” she cried shaking his hand in happiness.

He was electrified with the touch of her warm palm that the only response he was able to give her is a faint smile yet it seems like she didn’t even noticed.

“Now, all we have to do is print this and put in our teacher’s desk before we can go home,” Ella said.

He watched her patiently as she print the file. He like her rough moves. It’s unique. He can’t help but realize that she’s quite boyish in the outside but possessing an exceptional feminine charm in the inside.

She caught his gaze and looked as she frowned at him.

“Why are you looking at me that way?” she asked.

“Huh? Oh, n—nothing. I just thought…” he cut his sentence.

“You thought what?”

“I thought…” he paused seemed lost for his words. He gathered his last drop of self-confidence and answered.

“I thought we should get back. It’s getting late.” He said hoping that she didn’t notice his uneasiness.

“Okay. Let’s go,” she said.

He let go a sigh of relief when he confirmed that she didn’t notice his wandering mind. She stood and headed to the shelf to return the book they used. He offered his hand to help her but she refused.

She has to step on a ladder to return the book because it’s location is quite high. She placed the book in the proper place and went down.

When she made her second attempt to step on the rather lower case of the ladder, her foot missed it that caused her to lose her balance. She closed her eyes in fear. Then, she felt something caught her from falling painfully. She looked up and she met Chun’s eyes. The two are in a bridal-style-carry and looking directly at each other’s eyes. They can hear their hearts beating fast in an authentic melody. He felt something that urges him to kiss her but he fought the feeling himself. After a while, he let her stand by her feet to free him from the hypnotizing charm she owns.

“Uhmm… thanks,” she uttered without looking at him.

_”My God! His arm seemed like burning the part of me that it toughed,” she told herself trying to be calm for him not to notice her uneasiness.

“Any time,” he replied avoiding to make eye contact with her.

_”That was a close one!” Chun thought straightening his sleeves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Guys! Thanks for reading! Here’s another update…

Thanks for your comments too! ^ ^