Chapter 3

All's Well That Ends Well
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minho, the way our relationship went down –  it just wasn't right."

Suzy watched as surprise flash across Minho's face, before it was replaced by a mask of indifference. After several missed opportunities, she finally had the chance to talk with him privately on set.

"Suzy, we’ve talked about this before. It’s not like we didn’t try. We did, but we always just end up hurting each other."

"No, this time it will be different.”

“How?” Minho rubbed his temples, impatient.

“I’ll be better.”

"I don't think that’s enough” Minho sighed. “We're better off as we are now, maybe eventually as friends again in the future.”

“Plus, I’ve already moved on” he added, like a final nail in the coffin. She followed his gaze to the monitor, which is now showing a clip of Chaeyoung's scene. It felt like someone stabbed Suzy’s heart repeatedly.

"Please" she swallowed a lump in . "You don’t have to say yes now, or even do anything. But don't cross it off completely – our love deserves a second chance."

That was the closest time Suzy came to begging, and Minho knew it. He gave a curt nod before excusing himself out of the room.

Now alone, Suzy collapsed on the sofa, letting hot tears stream down her face.

I'll just have to try harder, Suzy told herself. He’ll change his mind one day.

A knock from the door, and Suzy hastily wiped away any signs of her distress. She took a deep breath, composing herself back to the aloof actress she’s known for.

"Unnie?"

Chaeyoung's head peeked out from the door. "I was just wondering if you've eaten already? I bought you some food."

Suzy inwardly groaned, regretting on why she agreed to Chaeyoung’s offer days ago.

Apparently, her definition of ‘can we do this again sometime, unnie?’ means hanging out during Suzy’s breaks and bringing her copious amount of food. Even her manager is starting to about it.

Suzy was about to reject the blonde when she smelled a whiff of kimchi fried rice. Her stomach growled, protesting the fact that she hasn't eaten anything yet the whole day.

She begrudgingly let Chaeyoung in.

"Jihyun unnie said you like kimchi fried rice" Chaeyoung smiled, taking the food containers out and handing her a pair of utensils.

That traitor, Suzy scoffed at her manager's big mouth. But unable to resist a perfect plate of kimchi fried rice any further, she took a spoonful.

The pleasant flavor surprised Suzy. The rice was just the right mix of sweet and sour, and the tang of kimchi made it all the better. She took the next few bites on autopilot.

Minutes passed and the kimchi fried rice was gone. Looking at her now empty plate, Suzy blushed a bit and cleared . "Thank you, that was…okay. Which restaurant is this? I’ll ask my manager to buy there from now on."

"Oh, I cooked it" Chaeyoung gave a shy smile. "I'm glad you like it, unnie! I'll bring you some more in the future."

Suzy hummed nonchalantly, pretending that it wasn’t the best meal she had for months. She went on to help Chaeyoung clean the table, refusing to think too much about how the gesture made her feel.

After everything’s tidied up, Chaeyoung began talking about her day. The blonde has always rambled on regardless of Suzy’s minimal inp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter