Chapter 2

All's Well That Ends Well
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Chaeyoung, do you want to have lunch together?"

Eunji is the actress with the role of Chaeyoung's best friend in her new drama, and the pair met in the morning to discuss their characters’ dynamics.

"I would love to, but I'm meeting with Suzy unnie soon" Chaeyoung smiled. After their table read a few days ago, she received a message containing only two words – a time and location to meet. Only Suzy would text without introducing herself.

"Suzy?" Eunji's face fell at the mention of the actress's name.

"Yeah, she's going to give me some acting tips" Chaeyoung explained. Remembering that Eunji also starred with Suzy in a drama years ago, she quickly added, "do you want to come along? The more the merrier!"

"No, I'll pass" Eunji frowned, mood a stark contrast to her cheerful demeanor seconds ago. Chaeyoung furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Chaeyoung, be careful of Suzy, okay? She's not really the best person out there."

 


-----------

 



"I don't bite, you know" Suzy broke the awkward silence, causing Chaeyoung to almost spit out the water she's drinking.

"W-what?"

Suzy rolled her eyes. "You don't have to act so frightened. I know others call me a behind my back, but I'm not exactly gonna be mean to you for no reason."

Chaeyoung coughed out loud, wiping and finally meeting Suzy’s eyes for the first time since they’ve met.

"I'm not scared of you" she softly said. "I'm just a bit nervous because I've always admired you – uh, I mean your work! And being in the same project with you still feels like a dream."

Suzy stayed mum at those words, and the blonde’s anxiety skyrocketed. Unfortunately, Chaeyoung has the habit to ramble on when she's nervous, which she did.

"And uh, you're actually the reason why I took the plunge into acting. How you started from an idol to a renowned actress inspired me a great deal. It gave me courage to overcome my fears."

"And I also don't think you're mean" Chaeyoung continued, eyes shining with sincerity. "You put yourself and your craft to a very high standard. Many tend to misunderstand that, but I respect it."

And she means it, really. She had heard countless stories that painted Suzy in a negative light. But when Chaeyoung dug deeper, it all boiled down to negligence and unprofessionalism from the other party. Suzy’s actions were not baseless.

Finally realizing that she’s been monologuing like a crazy fangirl, Chaeyoung shoved a palm on and blushed. "Not that my opinion of you matters – or anyone else’s – you do you! Sorry, all of my friends say that I tend to ramble too much."

 


--------



Suzy was taken aback by the pure admiration spilling from Chaeyoung's voice, never expecting anything but animosity from her. She cleared awkwardly. "It's alright Chaeyoung. Thank you for the kind words. Can't say that I hear those a lot."

Chaeyoung pursed her lips, as if seething with indignation for the older girl. Without thinking, she placed a comforting hand over Suzy's. "But you should – you're amazing."

Suzy looked down on their connecting hands. Following her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter