Chapter 4

All's Well That Ends Well
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung stared at the monitor – Suzy’s performance a hypnotic magnet luring her in. Like sponge, she soaked in every detail, expression of the girl.

 

A lone tear slips on Suzy’s cheeks, and Chaeyoung can’t help but reach out a hand over the screen to wipe it. 

 

The scene shouldn’t have such an effect on her, really. She knew the plot already, even memorized the lines. Yet, there’s something with the way Suzy brings her character to life that makes Chaeyoung’s heart beat.

 

It was almost like magic.

  

She absentmindedly touched the band-aid on her forehead, mind flying away to Suzy from the night before. The actress looked ethereal, like a movie permanently imprinted on Chaeyoung’s brain.

 

She longed to spend more time with Suzy.

 

"Chaeyoung?"

 

A voice interrupted her daydreaming, and Chaeyoung looked up to the sight of Minho carrying two cups of coffee in his hand. He smiled, handing one to her.

 

"Here, this is for you."

 

Chaeyoung accepted it, taking a sip out of politeness.  The bitter taste of black coffee hit her tongue, and she grimaced for a split second before covering it with a grateful smile.  

 

"Thank you, oppa."

 

He flashed a charming grin back. Silence then ensued, with both staring idly at the steam coming up from the hot liquid.

 

"Chaeyoung, would you like to watch a movie with me this weekend?"

 

"What?" Chaeyoung eyebrows furrowed at the question, mind running in full speed for an excuse to reject the invitation. To be honest, she’s exhausted already and would rather spend her rest day curled up in a bed with her dog.

 

“So we can also study their acting and find ways to improve ours?” Minho quickly added after sensing her hesitation.

 

Chaeyoung inwardly sighed. If it's for work then she has no other choice but to accept. She opened to reply, but was suddenly cut off by a cup shoved in her free hand.

 

"It's hot chocolate, take it" Suzy offered, no – demanded.  

 

She then peeled the black coffee away from Chaeyoung’s hand, before lightly rolling her eyes. "Since you have the taste buds of a five-year-old child.”

 

I didn’t know unnie noticed, Chaeyoung pondered as she enjoys the sweet drink. Amidst their filming, Suzy must have noticed – and blanched in disgust – at the heaps of sugar Chaeyoung always add to her own drink.

 

Warmth began blossoming in the blonde’s heart, and a shy grin broke into her face.

 

Minho frowned at the interaction, crossing his arms as if to signal that Suzy’s presence was not welcomed.

 

Suzy stayed anyway.

 

"By the way, what were you guys talking about?" she mentioned nonchalantly.

 

"Umm, Minho oppa suggested to watch a movie this weekend” Chaeyoung answered. She’s not sure why, but she found herself quickly explaining, “just so we can learn from it and improve our scenes better!"

 

"Is that so?" Suzy replied in an icy tone. Her eyes were now glued to Minho, pain and disappointment hanging heavy in the air.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter