Meeting you

Love beyond war

Date: 07/08/1935

Dear diary

It has been a while since I have written here. So many things have happened since. We have been training really hard and I have even been promoted to colonel! I know that it sounds crazy. The person who really hated and was against the military suddenly got a very high position in it. Well, I have always lived with the moral: If I can't avoid it then it's better to do my best in it. I was laying in my bed, enjoying one of our small free times that we sometimes get in a while, when Yujin walked through the door.

Yujin: Jahoon unnie, the general of the army is calling for every colonels and the higher ranks to come to his office.

Seungyeon: Are we going into a war?

Jahoon: There is only one way to find out.

I got out of my bed and made my way to the general of the army's (GOTA) office. I was worried about if it had anything to do with the current war against Japan. We had been trained to prepare for the times we had to go into the war but I didn't know that it would be so soon. As I entered the office, I saw everyone already there waiting for me.

GOTA: Good. Now that colonel Park is here, we can finally begin our meeting. The reason I have called you all here today is that our country has planned for us to take over South Korea and make it a part of the US. If we succeed at doing that, we will have a great base in the middle of Asia and it will make it easier for us to conquer the rest.

Major general: And how especially are you thinking that we are going to do that? The Japanese won't let us do that easily.

GOTA: Don't worry. I already had that planned.

The planning went all night about what to do and how. When I went back to the bunkers it was already early morning. The others were still sleeping. I wanted to go to bed too but there weren't long beside we had to be up, so I decided to just lay down and close my eyes for a bit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date: 13/09/1935

Dear diary

It has been about a month since I have just written. During this period, my team and I have been traveling to South Korea. We had been fighting against the South Korean people who had successfully taken control of the country for the time being. We knew that the Japanese people knew about our invasion but so far there hasn't been any movement from them.

Jahoon: I will be going on control for now. If any of you see any suspicious, report it to me right away.

Team: Yes colonel Park!

I put on civil clothing before going in the control round as it was my turn. We always changed into civil clothing to blend in with the people, making them less suspicious. A lot of times they would tell us secrets and gossips that we wouldn't hear when we are dressed as soldiers. As all of the soldiers knew each other, we wouldn't keep our mouths shut in case we find another soldier undercover. I was walking down the streets when I heard a woman yelling.

Woman: Someone help me! Please help my mother!

I quickly ran in the direction and got to a store where a young woman was sitting on the floor with an elderly woman's head on her lap.

Jahoon: What happened?

Woman: I don't know! I was outside during some errands for mom when I came back to our store to see mom laying on the ground! I have been trying to wake her up but she doesn't respond.

Jahoon: Quickly! Help me get her on my back!

We put the elderly woman on my back and ran to the nearest hospital where she was taken in for a check. We sat outside of the room while waiting for the doctor to come out. The woman was crying, so I wrapped my arms around her to try and calm her down. She wrapped her arms around my waist and cried into my shoulder. Moments passed by of us hugging each other until the doctor came out. She quickly got on her feet and made her way to the doctor.

Woman: Doctor! How is my mom doing?

Doctor: She is doing fine now. We managed to save her! If you guys had come just a bit later then there was a high chance that she didn't survive. Right now she is recovering in her room, so you can visit her if you want to. Please excuse me.

We both bowed to the doctor as he left the hallway. The woman walked over to me and bowed.

Woman: Thank you very much for helping me, miss…?

Jahoon: Park. I'm Park Jahoon and I'm just happy that I could help you and your mom miss…?

Chaehyun: Kim. Kim Chaehyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date: 20/09/1935

Dear diary

It has been about a week since I met Chaehyun. Ever since the time that I first saw her, I would always walk past her and her mother's store to just catch a glimpse of her. Sometimes she would notice me and wave at me. Many times we fall into deep talks, making me forget about the time. I always enjoyed watching the smile on her face when she laughed at my jokes. Her eyes looked straight at me, making my knees weak every time. Today I was walking past her store again. Today she was alone. Maybe her mother was resting inside.

Chaehyun: Jahoon! You are here again today. Are you perhaps stalking me?

Jahoon: Well it is hard not to always come here when the owner of this store is a pretty girl like you. Wait, that actually sounds a little creepy.

Chaehyun: You are so funny Jahoon. That is why I like you. You always make my day a bit better and even much more today!

Jahoon: Why? Did something happen to you?

Chaehyun sighed as she looked down. Her face was looking sad and her body action looked like she was afraid of something or someone. My heart ached at the sight. I walked closer to her and pulled her into a hug, in which she returned. She snuggled her face into my shoulder as I was taller than her and let out another sigh.

Chaehyun: Thank you. I really need that hug. And I'm glad that you are here. You always make me feel like I'm safe.

Jahoon: Why are you so scared? Who hurt you? Tell me so I can teach him a lesson.

Chaehyun: Jahoon, don't. I don't want you to get hurt. It is fine, I will just forget it eventually.

Chaehyun pulled away and was about to walk further into the store when I stopped her by back hugging her. We both stayed still, letting the silence fall over us.

Jahoon: Chaehyun, please. I promise that I won't do anything but at least tell me who did this to you? I'm genuinely worried about you.

Chaehyun kept silent for a while before turning around in my arms to look at me. Her eyes stared right into mine.

Chaehyun: You promise me that you won't do anything when I tell you?

I nodded even though I was going to hunt down the person who dared to scare her.

Chaehyun: It was Minwoo. The town's mechanic man.

Jahoon: What did he do? Do you know why?

Chaehyun: He has been liking me for a while now and every time he sees me he will always ask me out. Today he passed by again and tried to ask me out but as always I refused as I believe in only one and true love. But today he didn't take the rejection well and got angry at me and tried to me but luckily someone saw what happened and yelled that they were going to call the police, making him run away. Ever since I have been scared that we would come again. I can't just close the store and hide inside as mom is feeling ill right now and is resting inside and if I don't keep the store up then we won't have any food on the table tomorrow.

Jahoon: Does he come at the same time every day?

Chaehyun nodded as she looked down. I sighed and put a finger under her chin, lifting her face up to look at me.

Jahoon: Then I will be making sure to come here every day at that time to make sure that he won't be during anything towards you. I promise you that I will protect you every day.

I moved closer to her and kissed her forehead. Even though I wanted to stay with her a little longer, I had to go. I gave her one last hug before continuing the rest of my control. I just, just, happened to pass the mechanic store and saw Minwoo being all alone. I looked around and saw no one around so I decided to walk inside to give him a lesson. When I was done, I walked out and headed back home. No one dares to mess with my girl. If they mess with her, they are messing with me too.