Chapter 1 : the departure

Logryeon : the unsinkable ship a Penthouse AU

April 10th, day of departure of the Titanic.

 

The day is April 10th 1912 and a tumult is rising on the quay where the Titanic is supposed to depart from shortly. The place is filled with people and vehicles. The lively brouhaha of people bidding goodbye to their loved ones with the intermittent sound of the horns as cars try to make their way to park in front of the ship in the background fill the air.

The young woman who gets out of one of the cars is of unrivaled beauty. Rose ivory skin tone and soft, delicate facial features, Her chocolate brown eyes are lined by long eyelashes, her plump lips with perfectly defined cupid’s bow are painted in bold red for the occasion. Her sleek dark brown hair is tied in an intricate low chignon. The purple and white striped suit she is wearing with whites gloves to complete the outfit gives her an elegant and sophisticated aura. The only cloud in the horizon in that perfect imagery that is Shim Su-Ryeon is the icy glint dancing in her irises. Because it hints at how much she is withdrawn from the outside world and is already jaded about life in general when she is still so young.

“I am only 17 years old...why do I feel so tired already...” she thinks.

Her voice betrays her indifference when taking a look at the imposing vessel a few meters away from her she utters her first sentence after keeping silent all the way to the port.

“I don’t see what all the fuss is about...it doesn’t look any bigger than Mauritania…”

Joo Dan Tae is amused upon hearing her words.

“Su-Ryeon...you can be blasé about everything...but not about the Titanic...it is over 100 feet longer than that ship and is far more luxurious” he explains, arching an eyebrow.

“You sure like luxury a lot...that’s why we don’t understand each other at all” she considers silently while gazing at him with the same indifference as the ship behind her.

 

When their cortege approaches the door leading to the ship’s interior her heart sinks.

“It looks like a monster’s maw ready to swallow me whole...or the gateway to hell even...I won’t be able to be freed from my chains ever again if I cross that door...I can feel it in my whole being” she thinks as she stops briefly at the door to have her ticket checked.

“Now it’s too late...Su-Ryeon” she resigns herself when she crosses it and the door is closed behind her with a creaky metallic sound, trapping her permanently.

 

Meanwhile, Logan Lee isn’t in the same spirit as Shim Su-Ryeon at all as he is running toward the quay to catch the boat in time before it leaves. Just a moment earlier, he and his best friend Ha Yoonchul won a ticket for the trip at poker.

For him, embarking is synonymous to freedom and going back to where he always belonged, his native land.

“I never thought I would be back here ever again...I feel destiny is at work here” he thinks as both men avoid obstacles on their way to the ship’s entrance. Yoonchul called him from behind.

“Logan...Korea is a wonderful country...but I can’t believe we are going to America...are we going to become millionaires ?” Logan laughs at his his friend’s words but doesn’t stop.

“Believe me my dear friend...being a millionaire isn’t that great...but that I won’t say it out loud” he thinks with slight bitterness.

“Wait, wait ! we are passengers” he screams to the sailor who is about to close the gate when they cross the gangway.

“Have you gone through the inspection ?” inquires the sailor, eyeing them suspiciously.

Logan argues back.

“Of course...but we are koreans anyway, so no need for that right ?” Yoonchul smiles sheepishly behind him.

“Well...fine, go ahead” finally answers the sailor, making room for them. Logan hums the marine air, invigorated as the ships depart from the port, with people waving cheerfully to the people who remained behind.

“It’s finally starting...Logan Lee” he thinks to himself as his friend waves to people he doesn’t even know with giddiness.

 

The employees at her family’s service are almost done laying their luggage in their suite.

She can finally breathe a little with the room being decorated with her dear paintings and the various vases containing her favorite flowers, blue roses placed in the suite.

“We need color in this room after all,” she says out loud to the attention of her maid and confidante, Oh Yoonhee.

Su-Ryeon isn’t interested in many things in this life. But she likes art, and painting in particular.

His fiance’s secretary, that Su-Ryeon rather refers to as “his well-dressed dog”, Mr. Jo is barking orders next to her to direct employees. “Please put that one in the wardrobe”

Su-Ryeon resists the urge to roll her eyes upon hearing the arrogance seeping in her fiance’s voice when he enters the suite.

“For god’s sake...not these nonsensical doodles again...what a waste of money” he sneers.

Su-Ryeon plasters a polite smile on her face but doesn’t turn around to look at him.

“The biggest difference between Dantae’s taste in art and mine is...that I have some, at least '' she replies, gifting him with irony in return.

“It just shows how much we are always at odds with each other really...am I really in love with that man ?” she wonders as Dan Tae chuckles behind her and resumes drinking his glass of whisky. She goes over to her bedroom a short while after, ignoring Dan Tae as he keeps putting down the artist who crafted the paintings. Yoonhee follows after her, her tone cheerful.

“It smells so brand new...as it was made just for us…” Su-Ryeon turns around toward her maid and holds out her hand asking her silently for her assistance to her sleeve.

Yoonhee keeps speaking as she accomplishes her request.”Just thinking...that tonight...when I will slip under the sheets...I will be the first” she says, joyful. Su-Ryeon breaks into a smile upon hearing her friend’s enthusiasm.

People in her family, especially her aunt, look down on Yoonhee because she doesn’t belong to the same “caste” as them, but Su-Ryeon really adores her.

But the cheery tone between the two friends is dispelled instantly when Dan Tae’s voice is heard next. Yoonhee looks down at her feet and Su-Ryeon’s smile vanishes from her delicate face.

“It is me who is going to be first tonight...when I will slip under these sheets” Su-Ryeon feels her cheeks reddening upon her fiance’s not so subtle innuendo. But not from embarrassment and shyness, but from outrage. Yoonhee literally bolts out of the room after excusing herself quickly.

Dan Tae closes the door just after her and walks toward Su-Ryeon. He hugs her from behind and Su-Ryeon tense up immediately upon the gesture. She closes her eyes when he whispers in her ear.

“I will be the first...and only…” that single sentence makes her stomach churns.

She isn’t ready to give herself to anyone, and for a reason unknown to her, especially to that man in particular…


 

Logan also likes to paint. He is even making a living out of it right now. At first it was hard to scrape by. He was used to a life of wealth and luxury during his youth. But two years ago he threw everything and ran away to Europe, before settling in Korea. He never saw his parents James and Stella Lee ever again. He couldn’t conform, it was above his strengths. He didn’t wish to take after his father’s business and live in a lie until the day he left this earth. Poverty seemed like a better choice at the time. There were many moments he almost regretted it. But now he was quite content with his lifestyle. Something called him back to the USA though and he wouldn’t be able to know what exactly. He was painting a couple of passengers while Yoonchul was befriending someone next to him.

“How typical...first class’s dog coming down here to take a e” pinpoint the man with a shrug. Amused, Logan lifts his head from his canvas.

“It shows where we rank in the grand scheme of things...right ?” he says with a smile.

“Like we could forget” answers the man.

“But I tend to forget sometimes…” thinks Logan as the three men laughs. The man holds out his hand to him.

“I am Baek Jun Ki” Logan shakes his hand before replying.

“Logan Lee” Jun Ki turns his head toward Yoonchul.

“Just call me Yoonchul,” he says with a smile.

“Alright Logan and just Yoonchul...nice to meet you guys”

“Are you making any money with these paintings ?” Adds Junki. But Logan never answered his newly-made friend’s question because she appeared just at this moment and everything changed.

 

Su-Ryeon got out on the deck in the warm afternoon of April. She walked toward the railing overhanging the third class deck. She was looking straight in front of her, still fuming inside.

“How could he put me down like this ? I am not his possession…” just earlier, as they were eating lunch with her aunt and other passengers including the ship builder, Thomas Andrews, Kang Mari, an influential business woman and even the Hera Star Line’s director himself, Ma Du Ki, but Dan Tae humiliated her again.

“Why does he treat me like a child ? even choosing what I am going to eat...removing that cigarette too...how demeaning” she thinks as she leans on the railing, taking a deep breath to cool down.

 

Logan felt as if his own time had momentarily stopped when he spotted Shim Su-Ryeon for the first time. He had never seen such beauty before. She was wearing a long ruffle dress. The diaphanous fabric, the floral pattern and the lace details were flattering her sylph-like figure. She was staring in the distance only a few meters above him but she seemed as unreachable as the stars up in the sky.

Mirroring his thoughts, Jun Ki tries to reason with him after taking a glance at Su-Ryeon himself.

“Just forget it man...you’re more likely to see angels flying out your arse than getting close to the likes of her” but Logan doesn’t answer.

Then suddenly she crosses his gaze and he feels she has entrapped him forever. It was only a split second, she barely acknowledged him before turning her head again, but he was done for. She has put him under his spell.

Su-Ryeon averts her gaze quickly upon witnessing Logan.

“Who is that man ? Why is he staring at me like this ? But...I didn’t really have time to take a look...if I just stare a second time...it should be fine, right ?” she thinks, oddly fascinated by the man below. She risks another glance toward him and maintains his gaze for longer this time. It’s very strange how much she can clearly make out his appearance even if he is quite far away.

Although he has a sharp jawline, Logan also possesses delicate facial features. His most striking characteristics are his immense jet black eyes and his silver blonde hair, the ashy hue clashing against his peach toned complexion. His refined physical appearance is also a sheer contrast to the worn out clothes he wears. He probably belongs to the third class, but if he was wearing a more chic attire, he could totally pass as a first class passenger.

“What an unusual hair tint....and these eyes are quite uncommon too…he is...he is not unpleasant to regard...I would even say he is easy on the eye” she wonders. To her own annoyance, her heart starts to race. She turns her head away, ignoring him blatantly.

“I am not looking at you ever again…even if I want to” she thinks, raising her chin. Dan Tae joins her by the railing.

“Not him again...I finally managed to calm down…” Dan Tae places his hands on her shoulders, trying to appease her. She removes his hand slowly and excuses herself.

“I am sorry...I need to join my aunt and her friends for a stroll…” she explains leaving him and the first man who made her heart race behind.

 

At dinner on the same evening, Su-Ryeon is like a mere witness of her own life. Because she has no free will. She is trapped here and she cannot do anything but to bear with it, hoping it will end as soon as possible.

“It’s like I lived my whole life already….that endless parade of parties and cotillions, yachts and polo matches...always the same close-minded people...with their mindless and soulless chatters...I feel like I am standing just in front of a huge precipice right now...and no one will ever pull me back...because no one care or even notice…” she thinks, her thoughts getting darker as night get by. Someone is speaking to her but she feels so dull inside she barely answers. Her aunt clicked her tongue to call her attention. Su-Ryeon’s gaze is empty and cold as ice when it lands on her aunt.

They never got along...her aunt took her in when her parents died 5 years ago. They were only cohabiting together. Su-Ryeon couldn’t recall any happy times with her. Su-Ryeon was even beginning to resent her...Because she forced a marriage Su-Ryeon wasn’t ready for.

 

Su-Ryeon was at breaking point when she got back to her bedroom after dinner.

“This...I hate it so much” she thinks, rage and hopelessness penting up in her chest.

These clothes, that heavy face powder and lipstick, that jewellery...she feels smothered, she needs to remove it right now. She calls out to Yoonhee, her voice getting dangerously high-pitched.

“Oh Yoon Hee...Yoonhee...Yoon Hee-ah...please Yoonhee” she pleads, pacing in the room, her tears threatening to fall at any moment.

She begins to pull on her dress to it herself, but as it is in her back she only manages to upset herself further. It is the last straw, she breaks into tears. She rips the necklace off her neck and begins to undo her hairdo, her body shaking uncontrollably. She lets out a scream of despair.

“I cannot take it any longer…” she thinks, storming out of the room. As she is running on the deck, uncertains to where she is willing to end up, she pushes people out of her way, not caring about the peeved exclamations heard after her passage. She reaches the stern of the ship in the cold night.

“Yes of course...this is where I want to be” she thinks, approaching the railing slowly. She climbs over without any hesitation and grabbing the metal bar from behind, she looks down at the sea below her.

“All I wished was to be happy and free...just why ? How did it turn out like this ? But...this is almost over...If I jump into the precipice myself...I don’t have to be afraid to fall anymore...this is for the best...this cannot work out after all” she thinks, closing her eyes, letting the tears overflow without trying to stop it anymore.

“Don’t do it, please”

She clenches on the railing reflexively upon hearing the dulcet but alluring tone behind her. She spins around in the direction of the voice, oddly fascinated in addition to her surprise.

“It’s that man...what is he doing here?” she wonders as he approaches her cautiously. She follows him briefly with her eyes before stopping him in his tracks.

“Stay back...don’t come any closer” Logan begins to walk toward her again, holding out his hand to her.

“Just...just give me that hand, I will pull you back over, alright ?”

“No ! stay where you are...I am serious...I will let go…” she threatens. Logan takes a step forward before speaking again, defiant.

“No you won’t…” Su-Ryeon is bewildered by his audacity.

“What do you mean I won’t ? don’t presume to tell me what I will and will not do ! you don’t even know me” she shouts back. Logan raises his hands.

“I didn’t mean to offend you...but if you really intended to jump...you would have done it already” Su-Ryeon turns her head away from him, annoyed.

“Just go away...you’re distracting me” Logan looks down.

“How could I leave...I can’t...I am too involved now...if you let go...I will have to jump in there after you” he explains, removing his outer jacket and undoing his shoe-laces. Su-Ryeon observes him silently before replying.

“Don’t be absurd...you will be killed…” she sneers while shaking her head.

“I am a good swimmer…”

“The fall alone will kill you” she argues back.

“To tell you the truth...I am a lot more concerned about the water being so cold…” Finally Su-Ryeon seems to lower her defense slightly.

“How...how cold?” she risks asking.

“Cold as in freezing...maybe a couple of degrees over at most…Where I grew up...the winters can be very cold...one day with my father and my brother...we went…” Logan stops himself.

“If I say I went ice skating...will it give away any hint about my past ? how about ice fishing instead ?” he thinks as Su-Ryeon leans unconsciously toward him to hear him better.

“One day we went ice fishing...you know ice-fishing is where you…” Su-Ryeon snaps at him, cutting him short.

“I know what ice-fishing is !” she shouts, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

“My apologies...you just seem like...you know...like more of an indoor girl” he explains.

“Anyway...I fell through some thin ice...and believe me...water that cold...it hits you like 1000 knives stabbing you all over your body at once…you can’t breathe...you can’t think about anything apart from pain” Su-Ryeon shivers after he ends his sentence. She isn’t sure she can keep her resolve now.

“I wanted it to be over quickly...not suffering like this” she thinks.

“That’s why I would rather avoid jumping after you...but like I said I have no choice” Su-Ryeon tilts her head.

“Why do you even care ? we are mere strangers... we don’t even know each other’s names….no one ever cared….so why are you so persistent ?” she thinks as she observes him silently as he keeps talking.

“I am really hoping you’ll come back over the rail and get me off the hook here” he jokes.

“You’re crazy,” she replies curtly before turning his back on him again.

“Maybe...that could be true but...with all my due respect, miss...I’m not the one hanging off the back of a ship here” Su-Ryeon looks straight in front of her, trying to focus again, but she already knows...she cannot jump anymore, because that stranger is involved now.

“Please...please give me your hand...you don’t want to do this...right ?” he says softly, holding out his hand toward her. Su-Ryeon hesitates briefly before taking it and turning around to face him. Now that she can see him up-close she can finally put her finger on what propelled her to take a second look at him earlier.

“That gaze of his is intense...is soft…but also fearless…his irises are literally sparkling here…” she thinks as he tightens his grasp on her hand and smiles faintly.

“I am Logan Lee...what about you ?” he asks.

“Shim...Shim Suryeon” Logan's smile widens after hearing her name.

“Suryeon-ssi...what does it mean ?”

“Nenuphar..” she answers shyly.

"Nénuphar ? it is so nice...I like it a lot” he replies while she lifts her ankle to go over the railing. But her feet get stuck in the tulle lining the bottom of her dress. Su-Ryeon’s heart jumps into her chest when she slips. Logan has just the time to cling onto her hand more tightly as she topples over. His chest hit the railing abruptly, cutting his breath short. But he has no time to think about his pain? Su-Ryeon let out a scream of terror when she realize she is hanging into the air, without any ground to support her anymore. Logan tries to pull her up and almost manages to but she slips again. She finally fully realizes what he just prevented her from going through.

“I don’t want to die..I am scared…” she thinks as they both struggle. Su-Ryeon makes the mistake of looking behind her, in the precipice. It kicks her panick up a notch.

“Logan...help me...help...please...” she shrills. Logan raises his voice.

“Listen...listen to me” Su-Ryeon looks at him.

“I’ve got you...I am not letting go...so you need to pull yourself up...come on” he says, his voice commanding. Su-Ryeon complies, trying to focus. She finally put down her feet on the edge of the ship after a short struggle. She wraps her arms around his neck as he pulls her over the railing. He loses his balance and both land on the floor abruptly. Su-Ryeon winces upon the impact. But she is actually relieved to feel the steady ground under her body. She opens her eyes, Both are still in each other’s arms. Logan above her, his hand behind her head.

“It is so strange...I don’t even want to move away…” she wonders as their eyes meet and both smiles. But this is short-lived. Sound of footsteps approaching can be heard next and 3 sailors, probably alerted by her screams earlier, call out to Logan.

“What is the meaning of this ?” Logan looks at her a last time before turning his head, relief replaced by apprehensiveness.

 

Su-Ryeon is seated on a bench a few minutes after, a warm woolen blanket wrapped around her. A kind gentleman offers her a drink but she declines politely. She doesn’t dare to look over Logan’s side as he is handcuffed and Dan Tae is roaring at him.

“It’s completely unacceptable...what gave you the audacity to lay your dirty hands on my fiance ?” Until now Logan was keeping silent and opposed no resistance even if he was being treated unfairly but hearing that man oddly makes him want to strike back. He raised his eyes and maintained Dan Tae’s gaze defiantly.

“That little...that punk actually dares to stare back at me ? he have some audacity” Dan Tae thinks, astonished

“Where were you when your dear fiance was about to kill herself, you jerk ?” Logan thinks as both men stare at each other. Logan looks in the direction of Su-Ryeon next, angering Dan Tae further. He grabs him by the collar.

“Look at me you filth !”

Su-Ryeon hailed him from behind.

“Dan Tae…” But Dan Tae ignores her and shakes Logan who still won’t budge.

“As if I would bow down to you” he thinks as Su-Ryeon’s fiance keeps shouting at him. Su-Ryeon finally intervenes.

“Will you listen to me ? it was just an accident !”

“An...an accident ?” repeat back Dan Tae, turning his attention to her.

“What is she planning ?” Logan wonders, arching an eyebrow.

“Whaaaa…both are staring at me now…what am I going to do ?” Su-Ryeon thinks, anxious.

“It was…a very stupid one really…I was leaning over and I slipped…” Logan is as perplexed as Dantae after hearing the story she made on the spot. Su-Ryeon looks at him.

“I was leaning far over to see the...the...you know…” she makes a twirling gesture with her finger. Logan tries to suppress a smile.

“A propeller...the word you are searching for...it’s a propeller Su-Ryeon-ssi” he encourages her silently while trying to suppress a smile. Dan Tae rolls his eyes.

“Did you mean the propellers ?”

“Yes this...the propellers...and I slipped...how clumsy of me, right ?” she says innocently.

Logan looks down smiling.

“This woman...she is witty...how did she figure such a story out ? but can you see the propellers even if you lean in ?” he wonders, genuinely amused.

“I almost fell...but thankfully...this man, over there, Mr. Lee saved me just in time” she concludes. The men around them shake their heads in disbelief. One of the sailors shakes Logan.“Is that how it really happened ?”

Su-Ryeon pleads with him silently.

“Yes...yes that was pretty much it” he answers. Logan is freed from his handcuffs and Dan Tae is ready to take Su-Ryeon inside. One of the gentlemen stops Dan Tae mid-way.

“Dan Tae-ssi...maybe something for the boy ?” Logan tilts his head.

“Well of course...Mr Jo...I think around 20 dollars should do the trick” Logan keeps a cool exterior but has an urge to punch the guy.

“How about you shove that measly sum up your arse instead, Dan Tae-ssi ?” he thinks, boiling inside. Su-Ryeon chuckles in disbelief.

“20 dollars...really ? Is that the going rate for saving the woman you love ?” Logan holds up his breath.

“Does that pompous daddy’s boy know how to love a woman though ?” Logan wonders, Dan Tae shows his best beguiling smile to his fiancee, adding up to Logan’s annoyance before replying.

“Su-Ryeon seems displeased...what to do ?” Logan turns around and puts on his outer jacket when Dan Tae talks to him again.

“Perhaps...could you join us for dinner tomorrow ? to regale our group with your heroic tale” proposes Dan Tae, his voice amiable but his glare full of disdain.

Su-Ryeon notices Logan’s irises sparking after Dan Tae’s proposition and cannot help but be enticed to her own dismay.

Logan smiles at Dan Tae, his tone mellow but his gaze ablaze.

“Of course...with great pleasure...count me in”

“You jerk...I cannot wait for tomorrow actually…” he adds for himself before the couple take their leave Su-Ryeon throws a last lingering glance behind her before turning around and following Dan Tae.

 

Su-Ryeon is dressed for the night and is brushing her hair in front of her dressing table. Her white empire nightgown outlines her figures beautifully. Dan Tae approaches her, hiding a box behind his back.

“I know you are melancholic….I wouldn’t pretend to know the reasons...” he says. Su-Ryeon keeps staring at him from the reflection in the mirror, not bothering to turn around. Dan Tae stops in front of her and takes a seat on the dressing table, towering over her.

“I intended to save this….until the engagement gala next week...but I thought...tonight” he adds, opening the box, revealing a stunning necklace. Su-Ryeon is stunned.

“Good gracious…” the huge deep blue pendant shines with an icy gleam under the soft light of her bedroom.

“Perhapst to remind you of my feelings for you…” adds Dan Tae.

“Is that…”

“A Diamond ? yes it is” confirms Dan Tae with a huge grin.

Su-Ryeon almost wanted to scream when the necklace was clasped around her neck.

“this feeling...what a cold stone...a heart of ice really...almost as Death’s embrace itself...I feel as if I had been put on a lash here” she thinks, her heart sinking. Once Dan Tae is gone she has the urge to remove it as quickly as possible. She put down the necklace into her jewellery box hastily.

She carries her hand toward her chest, feeling lighter. She glances at the necklace one last time. “It couldn’t be more matching to you...Joo Dan Tae...you’re as cold as that stone...or is that my heart who freezes instantly when you’re around ?” As she slipped under the covers, she recounted the events of that day. A sudden rush of warmth washed over her upon recalling her meeting with Logan earlier.

“I am Logan Lee...what about you ? Nenuphar...how nice...I like it a lot” she repeated back in the vast bedroom, covering to not laugh upon mimicking his voice.

 

“That man is polar opposite to Joo Dan Tae...he is warm as the sun...and his eyes sparkle like fire…his embrace was warm too...she thinks, her mind wandering. She can almost see him perfectly under her closed eyelids. Him standing in front of her, his gaze sparky as he looks at her. His slinky, almost cat-like movement….as he raises her chin and leans in toward her before taking her lips…. she suddenly snaps out of her fantasy, abashed

“What am I thinking about ? I am already engaged...how could I think about another man in that kind of uncouth way ?” she berates herself. She shut her eyes, fighting the turmoil Logan has awoken in her.

Back in his bedroom, Logan is chatting with Yoon Chul on the top bunk. They are whispering like kids on summer camps although their roommates aren’t back yet from their evening. They are sharing a bottle of beer.

“So...listen to me...I was walking around after dinner, when you left, remember ?” says Yoon Chul. Logan nods while taking a sip of their beer.

“And I stumbled upon...that woman...she...she is so amazing...she is so cute, and adorable and…” Logan arched an eyebrow.

“What are you going on about, I don’t understand a thing.”

“I fell in love at first sight with a woman here...I think she is a maid or something…”

Logan snickers after his friend's words.

“You are so naive...how many times did it happen, your love at first sight thingy ? “ Yoon Chul stole the beer from his hands.

“Oh yeah ? Then...if I am so ridiculous and stupid, what are you ? What was that with that first class goddess earlier ? and you disappeared all evening and came back with that dumbstruck face ?” Logan is cut to the quick.

“Shut up ! How was I dumbstruck...I have no slightest idea of what you’re talking about, and give me back that beer” Yoonchul eyes him suspiciously.

“Oh...really ? but I would know...because I am a dumbstruck specialist, remember ?”

“I wish I could punch you sometimes but you’re my best friend so I can’t” answers Logan.

“Just tell me the truth...why are you being so secretive ? That bottle of beer is finished, do we have more ?” Logan recalls his meeting with the “first class goddess” and his chest fills with warmth. He held out an unopened bottle of beer to his friend before speaking.

“Alright...I met her again tonight...on the deck earlier...she was in a risky situation and I had to help her out...things got out of hand and now I am invited to a dinner to the first class tomorrow” Yoonchul’s eyes widens and he almost release the bottle he is about to open.

“How in the world….”

“Give me that...you hands and your brain doesn’t know how to cooperate especially when you drink” says Logan, taking the bottle and opening it. Yoon Chul's gaze gets dreamy and his tone hopeful.

“Logan...I think...embarking on this ship...it is kinda...destiny...what if our struggling days are coming to an end ? we are about to start anew...and we met our dream women on our second day here I mean…” Logan rolls his eyes.

“Yoonchul...I agree with almost everything...but how is that our “dream woman” ? You don’t even know who that cutie-pie you mentioned is...and the first class goddess belongs to another world as mine and is already engaged to someone else you know ?” Yoonchul nods before replying.

“No but I am still right...trust me on that one, I can feel it” assures Yoonchul.

As both are in their respective bunk later, Yoon Chul calls him again.

“Say…Logan…when I close my eyes, I see her…my cutie pie…do you see the first-class goddess too ?” Logan doesn’t answer.

“Are you sleeping dude ? or are you ignoring me again ?”

“I was ignoring you man…actually yes I do, as if she was in front of me, she is that vidid” he replies before closing his eyes again.

“Oh…I knew it…I just knew it…goodnight” answers Yoon chul.

“Goodnight” replies Logan, closing his eyes again.

The imagery is so vivid it looks as if she is still in his arms. Her eyes smiling along her heart shaped lips after he saved her.

He carries his hand to his chest, wincing. He crashed into the railing earlier and he noticed a nasty bruise started to form on the point of impact when he checked his reflection in a mirror just before coming back to his cabin . His skin was burning, the pain pulsating in and out at each of his breaths.