Chapter 9

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Friday. Friday. Friday.

The day I’ve been dreading. In just a few moments, I’ll be dancing my off in front of the dance club. At times like this, I would usually be excited than nervous. This time, however, is an exception. I would be dancing in front of the club’s president, Kim Kibum who  happens to be my friend…my friend whom I actually want to impress so much.

I gulped a ball of saliva and wiped my forehead. I looked around me, the other kids are busy stretching and practicing their steps, while I, on the other hand, is just sitting quietly at a corner. I glanced at the closed door of the dance studio. Why can’t we watch? What is this? American idol or something?

I clutched the bracelet on my right wrist. I found it this morning in my locker. As usual, a note was beside it.

Hi Taemin!

So…the big day is today huh? Good luck! I know you’ll do great! But just in case you get nervous or anything, here’s a lucky charm for you. I made it myself. I hope that will help.

Taemin fighting!

I clutched the bracelet. I hope she’s right about this.

“Next…Lee Taemin?”

My head shot up. “T-that’s me…”

The girl nodded and went inside. I take it as my cue to follow her. Take a deep breath Taemin. You can do it!

I walked to the center of the studio and faced a table. Kibum was sitted in the middle. A is smirk playing on his perfect pink lips. He gave me this ‘show me what you’ve got look” I smirked back. Oh I will Kibum. Watch me.

~

“Okay. Thank you all for coming here for the auditions. You all did a good job. Wait for the results next week. I’ll be posting it by the bulletin board outside the student affairs office….hmm…” Kibum looked at the sea of auditionees in the studio. “I’m looking forward to spending the school year with you…thanks again.” He bowed and waved goodbye.

I made my way towards Kibum, who was now sitting on top of the table, scanning the list of students who participated.

I was just a few steps away when someone bumped into me. “Oops. Sorry.” I held her arm before she falls. My eyes were still fixed on Kibum, who was now being approached by a fellow auditionee, when I heard the girl’s gasp.  Turned my gaze to her and was surprised. It’s her.

She pulled her arm slowly, bowed her head, murmured ‘I’m sorry’ and moved past me. “Wait!”

Too late. She was already out of the room.

“Yah. Taemin-ah. Who are you calling?”

I spun on my heel and saw Kibum behind me. “No one…”

“Okay. So…what do you want to do tomorrow?” He started walking.

“Tomorrow?”

“Yeah.” He looked at me. “If you already have anything to do, it’s okay.”

I quickly shook my head. “No. I’m free.”

“Okaay. So what’ll we do?”

“I don’t know. What do you and Minho usually do?”

“Us? Hm. We just hang out in my room.”

Why did I even ask? “I-in your room?”

He looked at me again and saw my reaction. He laughed. “Yah! What are you thinking???”

My face flushed. “N-nothing…”

His shoulders are still shaking. What a way to embarrass yourself Taem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter