Chapter 27

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taking a break isn’t easy, I just found out that now. It’s been almost a week since I confessed but I still found myself staying by his side all the time especially during lunch.

Actually, I don’t mean to literally rid myself of him. What I planned to do is just to set aside these swirling emotions in my chest and try to just enjoy time with Kibum and see him only as a friend.  At least with this, I can really check if what he had said (about mistaking my feelings for something else) is true.

So far, my plan has failed because as much as I want to treat him like a friend, my body won’t let me. I still find myself staring at him for too long, I still smile like an idiot with every little (adorable) thing he does, I still feel a swarm of butterflies in my stomach every time he smiles at me (even if it’s only for a brief second) and I still find myself vying for his attention. Now these aren’t normal things that one should feel for a friend.

“Hyung,” I whined while doodling over a jumble of nonsensical equations on my notebook. “I don’t know what to do anymore. I even prayed that things would be normal but it seems that all religious beings hate me.”

“Why don’t you two just talk about it?” he asked, not looking up from the catalogue he’s been arranging. “You barely interact with each other. And that is not normal.”

“But if we do, we’ll be just like before and my plan will crumble and I won’t find any way out of this.”

“To think of it, your relationship wasn’t really normal, was it? You two were quite affectionate with each other.”

I groaned and pressed the tip of my pen harder on my notebook. “And he didn’t even suspect anything suspicious about that!” I continued to write harshly until the paper ripped off. “And I thought you’re the oblivious one.”

“Yah-”

“And Kibum doesn’t want to talk about it. He doesn’t show any interest to do so.” I looked at the clock.  4:15 a few more minutes.

Jinki hyung followed my eyes and then asked “Practice?”

I sighed and put my things inside my backpack. “Yeah” I haven’t been enjoying these practices lately because I have no one to talk to and because of this problem with Kibum and Krystal.

“I’ll call you tonight hyung.”

“I’m telling you Taemin-ah, I’m not good with these things with relationships.”

I headed out of the library but not without saying “You and Minho hyung show otherwise.”

--

Before going to the practice room, I passed by my locker to get my spare shirt. I guess I forgot to transfer it to my bag this morning.

As I opened the locker, a big pink note was inside.

Hey, care to talk?-K

My brows furrowed as I took in the familiar note. Why did Krystal leave this here? Why didn’t she approach me?

Oh yeah. I was such an the last time we talked. I shook my head and grabbed my shirt.

I’ll be seeing her in practice anyway. I better fix these dilemmas of mine.

One at a time.

--

It was not until the end of practice when I got to talk to Krystal alone.

Throughout the practice, I tried to approach her but she kept on avoiding me. That’s pretty understandable and I didn’t want to put her in a bad mood while practicing so I waited for the right time.

She seemed to understand my urge to talk to her so she went up to me as soon as Kibum called it a day.

“What do you want?” she was a bit irritated but there was hope in her eyes. Hope for what? Argh.

“I thought you wanted to talk.”

“What?”

I was about to pull out the pink note from my bag when I caught Kibum’s eyes from the other side of the room. He looks a bit mad and curious at the same time. But he looked away immediately and went out of the room.

Krystal cleared which brought my attention back to her. “If you want to say something, then say it.”

I frowned a bit. Didn’t she want to talk to me? She didn’t seem to be irritated in her letter.

“I just want to say I’m sorry. I was a jerk the last time. Kibum explained everything to me.”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Good thing you come to your senses. That’s not the way to treat someone who liked you so much. The least you can do is be good to me or be polite and civil at least.”

“Are you sure you’re K?”

She stilled a bit before raising a brow. “You want some proof? The first letter I gave to you came with some medical patches. That was the time when you got beaten up, right?”

I nodded in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter