Chapter 29

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I am clearly not distracted and disturbed by his presence and surely I am definitely not-

“Hey Tae-”

“I AM NOT MOPING!”

Minho was quite taken aback and took a few steps away from me. “Okaaaaay. I wasn’t saying that you are.”

Rolling my eyes, I turned my back on him and continued to ‘read’ my textbook. “Fine. I’m just giving you a heads up. Just in case you might think that I am moping or something.”

I can tell he’s trying to stop himself from laughing so I faced him again. “What do you want?”

He cleared his throat and got rid of his smile. “Kibum’s asking if you want to come with us after school. He’s going to treat us some snacks.”

I scoffed upon hearing the name. “Why won’t he ask me himself? Oh wait. He can’t. He’s too busy playing with that damned puppy.” I closed my book with a thud, earning me the classic shush from the librarian.

“Stop acting like a girl.”

“I am not acting like a girl. I’m just being irritable.”

“Excuses. And, that is being irritable is acting like a girl, you know.” Minho shook his head. “Anyway, yes or no?”

I took a moment to think about it. If I will not come, Kibum will be alone with that guy. Yes, Minho (and probably, Jinki) will be there but Jonghyun is clingy and I’m pretty sure that he’ll have Kibum for him alone. If I will come, Jonghyun will still be clingy and I’ll just stress myself. Either way, it’s a lose-lose situation for me.

“I’ll think about it.”

“We’ll be by the gate after class. Just drop by and tell us-”

“tell YOU.” I cut in.

“tell ME if you’re coming or not. Okay?”

“Yeah. Sure. Whatever.”

--

“So, what do you think? Should I go or not?” I ripped open the bag of chips she bought. “Why didn’t you buy the sour cream one?” I pouted but stuffed the junk food in my mouth anyway.

She sat down next to me with a sigh. “I am not your maid and you didn’t even tell me that you liked sour cream chips.” She grabbed the chips from me and kept it for herself.

I scratched the back of my neck and huffed. “Should I go?”

“Where?”
“You were not listening to me? How could you??”
“Dude. I just got here.” She looked at me with wide eyes. “You were pouring your heart out to a stranger?”

“No I’m not.” Though the idea of another person listening to his woes is kinda scary. “I was talking to myself, I guess.”

“Weirdo much?” Krystal shook her head. “Anyway, what’s up?”

“Kibum’s mood is up.”

“really?”

“Yeah. It’s all because of that puppy of his.”

“He has a puppy? I thought he was more of the cat type.” Krystal tilted her head to the side with a few matching blinks.

“You don’t get it.” I snatched the bag of chips from her. “That Kim Jonghyun is clingy.”

Krystal’s mouth turned agape, letting some chip crumbs fall on her uniform. How unladylike. But I’m kind of happy. That means she isn’t that concerned of her image around me anymore. It means she’s accepting the fact that we’re just friends. Right?

“He’s back???” She asked. Her eyes sparkled.

“What’s up with you? You like him?”

“N-no…Sekyung unnie would kill me. Why would he be back?” She stared at the tips of her shoes as if she’d find the reason why Jonghyun returned.

Then,suddenly an idea came to mind. “You’d like to know why?”
“Yeah…”

“Come with me when I meet up with Kibum this afternoon and you’ll know why.” I gave her a dazzling smile so I can coax her into coming with me.

“You’re thinking of something aren’t you?” Krystal gave me a piercing look.

“Please?” I tried to look my cutest.

“Aish. Fine. You owe me.”

--

“There they are.” Krystal chimed beside me. We were hiding behind some locke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter