reaching (you) out

you keep on giving me something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stunned. She was totally stunned. All of the times she could have run into Chaewon, why did she have to do it now? Why did this dumb ex-girlfriend of hers couldn’t just shup up and not talk non sense in front of Jimin?

“I think I should let you guys talk.” Jimin said getting up and picking up her stuff. That woke up Minjeong of her angry stunned state.

“Jimin, no! We’re not dating again!” Chaewon was about to argue with what she said when she quickly got up and made a shut up gesture with her hand. “You! Shut up! I’m tired of you acting like you didn’t ruin our relationship yourself! We’re done!”

“But Minjeong! I already apologized!” Chaewon pleaded and tried to take Minjeong’s hand on hers, but the younger took a step back. Her ex then turned to Jimin who was just watching them. “Can you leave, please? This is private.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m leaving” The older girl gave Minjeong a sympathetic smile. “Bye Minjeongie, we’ll talk later, ok?”

The younger quickly took a hold of her friend’s had before she could go. She didn’t want Jimin to leave, she wanted her company.

“Don’t go, please” She whispered.

“I really think you two should talk, it seems to be a misunderstanding going on here.” Jimin said squeezing her hand. Then she looked at Chaewon. “And you, miss. You better not try to lay a finger on her if she doesn’t want you to, you hear me? Otherwise, you’ll see me again and you will not like it.”

“Pffff, like I’m afraid of you.” Chaewon said, laughing as if Jimin had to her a joke.

“Oh, you will be, believe me.” Jimin looked like she was about to punch Chaewon. But instead, she looked at Minjeong and gave her an encouraging smile. “I will text you later, Minjeongie. I promise, ok? We will not lose contact again.”

Once alone with her ex, Minjeong couldn’t help but sigh. Chaewon has already made her be in trouble with her dormmates and her roommates with all her crying at her door late at night. Yuna was a great roommate, but once she didn’t get her beauty sleep, she would get too cranky for Minjeong’s own good. But she kept taking it all in, maybe she didn’t want to be too hard on Chaewon because the girl looked legitimately sad after their break-up, but this had to end now. She wouldn’t allow her ex to be in the way of whatever she had going on with Jimin.

“Honey, listen to me…” Her ex started.

“No! You will listen to me!” She raised her voice, startling the other girl. It was rare for Minjeong to lose her patience, even when she caught Chaewon cheating, she didn’t fight or cry, she simply started to pack her stuff and left the room while Chaewon cried and asked for forgiveness. But now she was done. “We are not back together and you need to stop coming after me, you hear me? You and I won’t happen again. Move the on!”

And just like that, she walked away leaving a shocked Chaewon behind.

-

Days passed. Chaewon apparently had gotten the message and stopped bothering her. Minjeong had locked herself in her room avoiding everyone. She had briefly told Yizhou through text what had happened in her talk with Jimin and her Chinese friend had been trying to talk to her in person since then, but she didn’t really feel like it. She knew what Yizhou was going to say, she’d tell Minjeong she was a coward and she had spent too much time wondering what could’ve been with Jimin and she lost the opportunity to say something when she had the chance.

She knew it.

That was all she could think about.

Jimin had kept her promise, texting Minjeong the same day of their talk and the next few days. Minjeong waited for her to ask when the younger was free so they could meet, waited for her to suggest at least a study date like she had with Ryujin every Saturday. But Jimin never said anything about meeting Minjeong, she just kept sending good morning and good night texts every day.

It was Saturday afternoon again and Minjeong had been ignoring Yizhou’s calls since the morning. She figured the girl must be wanting to drag her to a party and she wasn’t in the mood. All she wanted to do was lay on her bed and enjoy the silence, taking advantage of the fact her roommate told her she’d be spending the weekend out.

Minjeong would spend her weekend quietly thinking about her failed love life.

And she was succeeding on that. Until someone started to knock on her door.

“Ugh, this better not be Chaewon.” She mumbled opening the door.

And it wasn’t. It was Yizhou. Maybe she would rather face her ex.

“Oh, so you are alive.” The Chinese girl said going in the room without waiting for an invitation.

“I’m not in the mood, Yizhou.” She said tiredly. “If you’re here to drag me to a party, you’ve lost your time because I’m not going and if you’re here to tell me to my face how I’m a cowa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter