story untold (part 3)

you keep on giving me something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Despite responsibilities she knew she had, Jimin made a decision when she went to the US: she was going to enjoy her life. Ever since she lost her mom and sister, she had been living for something, be it to piss off her dad, to find Minjeong or to learn how to run the company.

But enough is enough. She was 19 and she was ready for it. Yu Jimin was going to live for herself.

“I’m so excited for all the college parties we will be able to attend!”

“Be cool, Aeri” A laugh erupted from her, she was glad her friend came with her. They were going to be living in an apartment just outside of campus, courtesy of Aeri’s dad. Mr. Yu tried to be opposed to it, saying Aeri might get in the way of his daughter’s studies. Jimin couldn’t blame him, Aeri was indeed in the most of her schemes back in high school, but she got her way in the end, she always did.

“How can I be cool? We’re college freshmen in the US! We’re going to party, baby!” She knew what Aeri was trying to do. Ever since she ghosted Minjeong she had been immersed in the company business, her father couldn’t be happier, but her friend knew she was hurting. So she knew her friend’s plan was to make her forget about Minjeong by meeting new people and going to parties.

And she wasn’t opposed to it.

-

Unknown number:

Hey, I got your number from a friend! It’s Julia! I really enjoyed last night Wanna do it again? I’m free the whole week Just text me when you’re free

“Ugh, Jimin, why is your phone pinging non stop? It’s seven AM! Put that on silent mode or I will kill you” If there was one thing Jimin had learned over these months living with Aeri, it was to never ever make the girl mad in early mornings. So she quickly checked who the hell was texting her that early and put it on her bag, she had no time to reply to that.

“Sorry, it was that girl from last night. Anyway, I need to go to class, bye bye”

“Wait, girl from last night? You didn’t even stay 30 minutes away from me last night, how did you even find a girl? And why are you going to class on a Sunday?”

“First of all, she found me” Jimin winked to her sleepy friend and opened their apartment door to leave. “And it’s not Sunday, it’s Monday. Don’t forget you have a afternoon class.

“Yeah, yeah, nerd. Bye”

Her classes went on as usual. At first was difficult to adapt, but after a few weeks and some crying alone in the shower, she got the hang of it. Not only she had to attend and be one of the top students in all the classes she took, she also had to attend to online business meetings, which was unfortunate because of the timezone.

These meetings usually meant she had to wake up at one AM to look presentable for a meeting that started at two, even though she had classes at eight. But she wasn’t complaining, she was an adult now and she knew her part and she did it without second thoughts.

But that didn’t mean she didn’t have fun. She had promised herself she would enjoy life and she was doing it. Party mode Jimin was a real thing  And sometimes  this party mode did get her in trouble. Like now.

“Miss Yu, I’m gonna ask you to leave class” Her Economics teacher said out of nowhere.

“What? Why?” She hadn’t done anything! If fact, she was diligently taking notes of everything he was saying.

“I don’t know what you have in your bag but I’m gonna assume it’s your phone” He started. Right there, she knew what was coming. Her phone had been vibrating nonstop the whole afternoon. She thought no one but her could be bothered by it, but apparently, she was wrong. “And this vibration sound coming from it is taking the students attention”

“I’m sorry, I will turn it off”

“No, you will be out” He said pointing to the door. “Maybe next class you’ll learn to turn it off before class”

People around her chucked and she decided to leave before she could be more humiliated. When she checked her phone, she saw it was the same girl who was sending her several texts in the morning.

Jimin rolled her eyes. Not only the girl, Julia, sent her many texts, she had also followed Jimin on instagram and twitter. Damn, was Jimin that good the night before? She couldn’t even remember the girl’s face because she was drunk.

“Whatever” She said to the wind. The girl was probably too needy for attention and Jimin wasn’t the one to give it to her. She was too busy.

She walked around the campus and took a sit under a tree. Maybe it was good that teacher asking her to leave class, she had some reading to do for the next company meeting. They were about to close a deal with another company and her father was making her participate more and more in each meeting so she had to be prepared.

Before opening her laptop, Jimin decided to look at girl’s Instagram. Julia was pretty and oh, she was a fellow Korean too. Her mind was foggy trying to recall her encounter with the girl, but she could remember the girl saying she, like Jimin, came to the US to go to college.  

Jimin scrolled through Julia’s feed and her eyes widened. She saw someone she recognized in one of the photos. Yizhou.

The black-haired girl quickly clicked on Yizhou’s profile with one thought on her mind.

There it was.

Several pics with Minjeong.

And Minjeong’s own instagram account. Jimin took a deep breath before scrolling through it. She liked to think she got over her feelings for Minjeong, their last exchange happened more in more than a year and she had several experiences with other girls in this period. Thinking about the younger girl didn’t hurt as it used to, but it left a sour taste on .

Regret. It was all she could feel. She could’ve handled the situation better and not completely ghost the younger, but she didn’t and Minjeong probably hated her n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter