story untold (part 1)

you keep on giving me something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jimin was six, she was happy.

She had many friends at school, she had all the toys she wanted and, more importantly, her parents and sister treated her like she was a princess. The little girl always had a smile on her face because her mother told her she was the prettiest when she smiled.

“Mom, what is a soulmate?” Little Jimin asked when her mom was tucking her in bed after a day full of activities for a little girl. She was in summer vacation and her parents always made sure her and her sister had the most fun when they weren’t busy at school.

“Soulmate? Where did you hear that?” Her mom covered her with a duck blanket, her favorite, and tucked some strands of her daughter’s hair behind her ear.

“I heard one of Jisoo’s friend saying she found her soulmate, she looked so happy!” The little girl explained excitedly. She had never seen her sister’s friend talking about something with such joy. “I don’t know what it is, but I want one too, is it an ice cream?”

Her mother laughed and, without even knowing why, the little girl started laughing too. The older woman had an infectious laugh, Jimin loved to hear it.

“No baby, it isn’t an ice cream, it’s a person” Her mom calmed down her laugh and answered her. “It’s someone that matches you perfectly and that you want to be forever, someone who makes you content with yourself, someone you want to be with, hug and kiss because they make you the happiest”

“What? She was talking that excited about a boy?” The little girl looked almost offended. How could her sister’s friend talk with that adoration on her voice about a boy? They’re stinky and like to pull girls’ hair just for fun!

Her thoughts about how boys weren’t worth of to be considered soulmates came to a stop when a sudden question went through her mind.

“Wait, mom” The little girl said sitting on her bed. “Do you have a soulmate?”

“Of course, it’s your dad” Oh, of course it was her dad! Jimin knew her parents loved each other very much. Jisoo always said they were gross with how loving they were to each other, but Jimin found it cute and she hoped when she was a grown up, she could find someone who would love her as much as her parents loved each other.

“I almost forgot dad was a boy! He isn’t stinky like the boys my age!” If her future soulmate was a boy as nice as her dad, maybe it wouldn’t be that bad. “I hope my soulmate smells good just like dad”

“Baby, your soulmate doesn’t need to be a boy” Her mom said making the little girl lay down. “It can also be a girl, but that’s a subject for another time, you need to sleep now.”

“Oh, okay, I hope it’s a girl then, I would like a girl friend to play with my new dolls”

The older woman got up and gave her daughter a smile. She was proud of her innocent and curious little girl.

“Tomorrow I promised to go shopping with you sister in the morning, do you want to come with us?”

“Ugh, no. Jisoo only wants to buy clothes, she’s so boring! Do we all get boring when we’re 13?” Jimin asked with a yawn.

“You’ll tell me when you reach that age!” Her mom walked to the door and switched off the lights. “I love you, see you tomorrow, good night”

“Good night, mom” She said drifting off to dreamland.

That was the last time she talked to her mother.

-

When she was 9, things were… not that easy for her.

Or her father.

Her father would say she didn’t deal well with her mother and sister’s deaths, but she knew he was the one who didn’t know how to deal with it. She was still hurting, of course. She closed herself off to everyone, she rarely smiled and sometimes, whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter