story untold (part 2)

you keep on giving me something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jimin met Minjeong, things changed. 
She was 10 now and she made sure to visit her friend in every chance she had. Her father didn’t want to let her, but she promised him to behave in exchange of being able to meet Minjeong in the weekends. 
No more fights at school, no more talking back to the teachers, no more trying to sneak out of the house. Jimin became the perfect well-behaved student and even started making friends at her school again so her father had no choice but to give in to her wishes.
“Do you wanna go to the park?” Minjeong asked. It was a Saturday afternoon and they were just enjoying each other’s company in the younger’s room. “We could play with the other kids”
“If you want to, yeah” The older simply answered. 
“I don’t mind staying here with you, you know I’m too shy to talk to them” The younger said looking down. “But I know you’re not shy and being here with me can be boring, the other kids in my class said so.”
“Of course not, Minjeongie!” Jimin smiled. “I come here to play with you and you’re not boring! Who said that? I will punch them!”
Minjeong started laughing thinking Jimin was just saying that to make her feel better, but the older was actually serious.
She hadn’t told anyone, not even Minjeong, but the reason she liked to be around the girl so much it was because Minjeong always tried to take care of Jimin. The older felt protected, it was good to know someone outside her family cared for her without asking anything in exchange. Minjeong didn’t even know what happened with her mother and sister, but she did everything she could to make Jimin feel good. Different from other people, who did things for her either because they pity her or because they wanted something for her, since her dad was very influential.
And that’s why even if she had friends in Seoul, she couldn’t wait to go to Busan in every chance she got because that’s where Minjeong was. It was unhealthy, but 10 year old Jimin didn’t know and, even if she knew, she wouldn’t care. She felt happy after a very long time.
But that didn’t last long. 
In a faithful Saturday morning when she rushed out of her aunt’s house to get to Minjeong’s she found the girl’s house empty. She looked everywhere around the neighborhood, no sign of her friend.
“Are you looking for the Kim’s?” An old lady who lived next to the Kim’s house asked. Jimin had seen her around, she was close with Minjeong’s parents. Seeing the lady made Jimin feel hopeful, she certainly knew what happened.
“Yes! Do you know where they are?” Jimin asked with a smile.
“Oh, honey…” The old lady looked sympathetic at her. Jimin’s smile fell a little, she knew she wouldn’t be hearing good news. “They moved to another city a few days ago, it was all very fast, but you’re friends with their daughter, right? I thought she had told you somehow.”
“Oh… She… Didn’t.” Minjeong moved to another city and didn’t bother to let her know? This couldn’t be real. “Do you think they’re coming back?”
“I’m sorry, honey, I don’t think so”
Jimin felt like crying, but she hadn’t cried since her mother and sister died and she wasn’t about to do it in the middle of a street. If there was something her dad had thought her over the years was: Never show weakness.
So she took a deep breath and gave the old lady the best smile she could.
“Thank you, ma’am. I will be going now, have a good day!”
And just like that, Jimin’s well behaved era was gone.
-
-
-
When Jimin was 14, she was… rebellious, but not quite.
Without her visits to Busan to make her stay in line nothing was stopping her from rebelling against her father or anyone, really. People liked to blame her teenage phase, but her father and Jimin herself knew she did it because she liked it. 
She liked the adrenaline of doing something wrong, something people would consider bad.
But don’t get her wrong, she didn’t do anything that could damage her future. Jimin was pretty much aware it was her duty to take of over her dad’s company, she felt like she owed that to her sister, who would actually take over if she was alive.
So Jimin did things lowkey. Kind of.
It was different from the way she acted when her mom and sister died and before she met Minjeong, at that time she isolated herself, she didn’t want to interact with anyone because most people annoyed her, she didn’t like the attention and, most of the time, she ran from it. 
No, Jimin didn’t do that anymore. Over the years she realized the effect a pretty smile had on people and the things she could get from it. 
Which meant that despite everyone at school knowing Jimin’s doings (a huge graffiti on the school main hallway calling out a ist teacher, the second-floor bathroom of her dad’s company flooded on the day they were supposed to have a family dinner, the girl who dared mocking Jimin’s mom’s death showing up to school with part of her hair shaved…), no one could actually connect them to her. Jimin was smart, she always had an alibi or someone who was willing to take the blame for her just to see her smile towards them.
“Did you actually shave half of her hair?” Aeri, one of the few people who were actually close to Jimin, asked. They met in one of the summer camps Jimin’s dad makes her go every year and they became closer once Aeri started studying at the same school as her. Jimin liked Aeri, she was as rich as Jimin, so she didn’t really care how influential the raven-haired girl’s dad was and she was almost as mischievous. 
“Duh, of course not” Jimin laughed and rolled her eyes. “People in this school like to exaggerate. I only cut it a little, so she can learn to not mess with me.”
“Damn, I was actually expecting to see her without half of her hair! That’s disappointing.” Aeri pouted. 
“I will shave your hair if you don’t lower your voice, the principle thinks it was Jaehyun who did it and I’d like it to keep it that way”
“Right, right! How did you make him say it was him anyway? This must’ve given him at least a 2-week suspension.” The Japanese girl was always impressed on how easily Jimin could make people take the blame for the things she did it.
“Oh, it was easy. I told him I was going on a date with him.” Jimin brushed it off like it was nothing, but seeing how her friend looked shocked, she knew the other girl would make a big deal out of this.
“What the heck, girl? Do you like him? Oh! Thinking about it, he’s actually pretty cute!”
“Uh, no? I only agreed to it so he could take the blame” The raven-haired girl wasn’t interested in boys at all. She found it weird, she was pretty sure her sister started talking about boys at the age of 11, but Jimin was 14 now and she couldn’t bring herself to find any boy interesting or attractive. But she didn’t want to think about her lack of interest in boys right now. There were more important matters they had to take care of. “But enough about Jaehyun”
Their classes were finished for that day and everyone, including them, were leaving school. Jimin looked over her shoulder to see if someone was listening, she asked “Did you get the tickets?”
“Yeah, but I still don’t know how we’re supposed to do this” Aeri also looked over her shoulder. She was nervous. “Did you forget about them?”
The raven-haired girl rolled her eyes. Aeri was so dramatic sometimes.
“Ugh, Uchinaga, can you stop talking about my dad’s bodyguards as if they’re from the mafia? Of course I didn’t forget about them.” Jimin had a plan. She always did.
“Ok, I trust you on this” Aeri said nodding and then smiling. “I’m so excited to our trip to Daegu! I can’t wait to see your cousin’s band play!”
-
Getting rid of the bodyguards her father hired to follow her around when he wasn’t in town was proving to be a task harder than she initially thought. Her plan was simple, she would fake a headache and tell them she would spend the day in her room resting. While they would stay at her room’s door, she out sneak out using her window. She had already disabled the security cameras that could catch her getting out of the Yu mans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter