Seoul Mates

What's In A Name

The traffic gets heavier as we get closer to the city, and he weaves in and out of the cars moving slowly around us with skill. He takes a turn toward Yongsan-gu and the congested streets give way to twists and tight winding turns.

"I want to stop at my apartment, would you come up with me?" he asks as he pulls into what looks like a small parking lot. The cars around are all luxury and I'm a little confused having never been in this part of the city. 

"Sure," I say, still wondering where he's really taking me. It feels like some sort of set up, maybe there's a surprise restaurant nearby. He stops the car near an entryway that looks like a luxury hotel but with no one inside. He opens my door and leads me out of the car. "Will my things be safe in the car?"

"Of course." He looks at me strangely and I wonder why that's an odd question for him. Inside the building there are a few elevators along a clean empty wall. He puts a key into a slot near one of them and it opens. 

I follow him onto the elevator and as the doors open on a higher floor, I realize from the shoes on the mat that the elevator has opened directly into an apartment.  I slip off my shoes and follow after him into the vast hallway space.  

The hallway opens onto a beautiful living room with oversized white couches  surrounding a beautiful carved wood table. There's a view of the river and city lights below and I'm drawn toward the view. 

He walks to a wet bar and gets two glasses out, pouring something dark and warm into them and he steps up behind me looking out over the city. 

"The view is also what attracted me to this apartment. I love seeing the river." He puts his arm around my waist as he stands behind me, putting a glass into my hands. I turn my face back toward him.

"Yoongi, how can you live in a place like this?" I ask. I feel him sigh for a moment and squeeze me closer.

"Kiss me first, then I promise I will tell you everything you want to know." He moves in front of me and moves my glass to the side as he leans his face closer. His lips reach out to mine, slowly, and cautiously, he keeps one hand on my lower back to pull me in closer to him.  I let my fingertips touch his soft cheek and slide into his thick dark hair as I tilt my head to the side, feeling his tongue part my lips and push into my mouth, touching my tongue and sending a sensation through my body like an electric charge. 

He pauses, putting his forehead against mine and running his hands through my hair, which is still a little wet from the shower earlier. 

"This feels right doesn't it?" he asks so softly it's almost a whisper. I nod my head and my fingertip traces the line of his jaw, my thumb brushing against his full lip. He kisses my thumb, reaching up to hold my hand. He steps back and looks at me, a new more worried expression on his face.  

"We should sit down." He leads me to the large couch and hands me back my drink as he sits down beside me. He sits close to the edge of the couch, almost hanging on the edge. I'm a little nervous about what he's about to say, sensing that whatever it is, it's troubling him.

When he doesn't speak, I try to open the conversation, "I feel like I'm missing a big part of the story-" He takes my hands and interrupts me turning to face me.

"First, I want to know- and forgive me if this sounds really awkward but-  do you like me?" He bites his lower lip waiting for my response. I can't believe he's still asking me this questions when I thought I'd made it clear to him by now that I do.

"Yes, Yoongi, I really do like you. Is something wrong?" I ask concerned. 

He nods and smiles, "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He exhales as though he's been holding his breath until he can get out the words. I've never had anyone just point blank ask me that and it confuses me.  I'm a little embarrassed and I laugh at the awkwardness. 

"I- I like spending time with you, and yes I was attracted to you from the night we met. But we just met, you don't know me and I don't know you yet." He shakes his head.

"But that's the thing, you do know me." He keeps shaking his head and looks down at his hands. "I- I have so many things to confess to you I don't know where to begin." I'm getting a little worried now and I try to get him to start talking.

"Yoongi, is this really your apartment?" I ask suspicious. 

"Yes," he nods, still holding my hands but not meeting my eyes.

"and you live here - alone?" I press further.

"Yes." he looks up into my eyes.

"So... what? You're rich?" I ask laughing.

"I guess so," he shrugs.

"Did your family give you money?" I keep asking to get at what the secret is. The idea amuses him.

"Oh no, we had very little money when I was growing up."

"Are you a famous actor?" I ask, it would be just my luck to insult him by not knowing who he is just like I insulted Agust D. He laughs at the idea and smiles at me, shaking his head. He gives me one of those looks again like he's trying to figure something out. 

"Emma, I'm Min Yoongi," he says.  

"Yes..." I nod, waiting for the punch line. 

"I'm also Agust D. I mean, that's a stage name I use." He searches my face waiting for my reaction.  My eyes grow wide and my mouth drops open as I process his words.  I frown trying to imagine how this could be true. The previous two days begin playing back in my head at high speed. I shake my head 'no' refusing to accept it offhand.

"But the end of the first day, they called a wrap on the King. He left, and he was done, and..." it begins to get clear..."and, they wrapped the character of the King...not the performer." I look down, mouth still agape. "So you are Agust D?" I ask. He nods and smiles, hopeful. "And you played the King and the man he tortures, the man who kills him?" He nods again, more encouraged that I'm following along. I gasp. "And you met me yesterday and were so hard on me!" I begin piecing it all together. 

"I - I thought I was flirting with you," he offers sheepishly. "I was trying to be playful, but I guess my attitude got carried away being 'King' for a day." He shakes his head, "But I swear I was not trying to get you fired. It was kind of nice when I realized you really didn't know who I was, at first I thought you were just pretending."

"You mean when I almost fainted from the heat and you helped me? You thought I was pretending?" I'm incredulous.

"I wasn't sure if you were being real, a lot of people try to get my attention, but I was sure then that you didn't recognize me." He moves closer to me on the couch, feeling encouraged.

"But how could I recognize you, we had never met." I am trying hard to follow along but it all seems ridiculous.

He shakes his head again, "We've met before Emma, last year."

"What?!" Now I'm completely confused, and I feel really foolish. 

"Last year you worked on a video for BTS..." he tries to lead me to understand.

"Yes, I did."

"Well, I'm also Suga, from BTS." He holds out his hands in a shrug as if to indicate this is the last of the surprises. 

"Wait, wait, hold up...You're in BTS? And we met last year?" He nods, "And now you're Agust D, doing a solo video...and you recognized me from meeting me once, a year ago?"  

There it is, the last secret to drop...

"Well, actually..." he begins, looking down a little embarrassed. "I tried to talk to you on that video. You were so beautiful and so nice, and I heard you and RM talking about music and I just wanted to get to know you but every time I approached you, V was there flirting with you."  

I begin to remember the man who spoke to me every chance he got when the cameras weren't rolling. "He was just always there, but you basically ignored him which I thought was great!" he laughs, "he's not used to being ignored."

"A year ago?" I ask. He nods. 

"I know that sounds hard to believe but I thought if you were the kind of person who wanted money and fame then you'd have gone off with V, but you didn't you just kept working and ignoring him."  He smiles thinking back. "But then the shoot was over, and you were gone. I didn't know how to reach you."

"Soo Yin?" I ask. He nods enthusiastically. 

"Yes, She told me at the time that you had a boyfriend, and my heart just sank. But I never forgot you. When it was time to make this video I asked her to get you on the set but not to tell you who was asking for you.  I hoped we could meet and I would just get to talk to you alone, and you'd be interested in me. But then I could tell that I upset you, and it just got worse."

"But last night in the bar, you let me go on and on in front of your friends...Your bandmates?" I look at him and he nods 'yes',  "I went on and on about how hard it was working with Agust D and you just let me make a fool of myself?"

"But I thought I had the chance to meet you as Min Yoongi, as myself, and maybe we could start fresh. I thought maybe you would like me, for me." He reaches for my hands again.

"I did. But I feel really stupid to be honest. How could I not realize you were the same person just because you were dressed differently and not wearing make up. People must think I'm the biggest idiot," I say exasperated.

"No, no!" he sits next to me wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to console me. "No one really knew what was going on, Jin and Jungkook were there to be extras on set and they knew about you, but they saw you with me, wanting to be with me, not the persona of Agust D."  He lifts my chin to face him. "You did most of your complaining about me, to me," he laughs.

"Well, that's true." A smile finally breaks across my face. "So, who are you really?"

"I'm the same Min Yoongi you have been kissing," he kisses my lips slowly then pulls back.  "I have a side that is Agust D and releases rap mixtapes, and I have a side that's Suga that's KPOP, and I write songs and I produce music, and I want to be with you." 

He kisses me again, longer and with more feeling. He pulls back to look into my eyes. "I want to be with you," he repeats his words purposefully. 

He cups my face in his hands and pulls me close to him, kissing me harder. His tongue touches mine, wet and warm and I feel myself leaning back onto the couch, his body moving forward, pushing me back against the cushions. 

He lowers me down onto the long couch and his body moves above me. His hand slides down the side of my body, touching my bare skin under my shirt. He traces the waistband of my skirt with his fingertips as his kiss grows more intense. I move my legs apart  to let him lay his body carefully on top of me, fully clothed, but feeling the weight of his body pressing against me. 

"You have no idea how long I've waited to kiss you like this," he whispers.

"Yoongi?" He lifts his head up to face me.

"What is it?" He looks at me concerned for a moment.

"Are we going to have dinner?" I ask, he pauses for a moment to take in my words and then he laughs hard, his smile lighting up his face, making his eyes form the shape of crescent moons.

"We'll order in." He dives back down to kiss my neck, my cheek, and he plants a kiss on the tip of my nose. I squirm under him giggling. He lifts his body up and pulls me up in his arms, lifting my body. I wrap my legs around his waist. He kisses me as he walks toward his bedroom.  In between kisses he asks,

"But, can it be breakfast instead?" I laugh as he buries his face in my neck, tickling me, still carrying me toward the room. He carries me inside his bedroom and kicks the door closed.

 

The End

Thank you for reading