good night, yuji.

amidst the city.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

as much as you are thankful to her for giving you snacks which saved you some money for your gas tomorrow.

 

you can't help but raise a brow over at how casual she is towards you.

 

you don't remember parting ways as friends with her?

 

well, you didn't exactly part ways with hard feelings but still, she's way too casual around you.

 

like she wasn't the cause of your greatest heartbreak in this life.

 

like she didn't give you bunch of false hopes before.

 

"she's all grown up." you heard her utter as she pet your cat who was busy eating her food with delight.

 

see, she's even petting myang without asking for your permission.

 

the audacity!

 

"hey." she craned her neck, eyes meeting yours as she breaks a soft smile that showed her dimple.

 

"hm." you hummed, turning your gaze back down at the glass of water that she handed you after your long walk from the convenience store to her place.

 

"thank you."

 

you raised a brow.

 

"thank you?" 

 

"for, coming here with me." she shrugged her shoulders, standing up properly and left myang who was happily eating as she grabbed her mug from the dining table and joined you.

 

"mhm, myang's hungry anyway."

 

"if she wasn't?"

 

"I'll disagree."

 

you tried, tried to hide the frown that was about to form as you met eyes with her again.

 

why is she looking at you like that? 

 

like she expected a different answer from you.

 

why would she do that?

 

"I see." nevertheless she broke out a smile. "It's been a long time huh?"

 

"hm."

 

"how about...we catch up? you know, like old times?"

 

old times. you looked at her hopeful eyes as you tried to not overanalyze what she just said.

 

what do you mean by old times, yuji?

 

do you mean the the time we'd jump by the fence of our backyard, sit at the swing of the playground near the convenience store and spend the night there?

 

or the time you pull me out of my class at randomly and bring me to the very corner of the library and gush about Victor Hugo's works?

 

or the time you'd call me in the middle of the night and blabber about how hard your day was?

 

and there were many more yuji.

 

what do you mean by old times huh?

 

you stared at her, long, deep.

 

staring at her eyes like it was the ocean, you were drowning and only snapped out of it when myang meowed loudly.

 

"hm, why not?"

 

what bad would a short catching up with the greatest heartbreak of your life would do to you, right?

 

 

 

"ahhh, it's late already." Jimin softly whined, craning her neck to the clock that was hanged on the wall beside her TV that had an old movie playing.

 

11:30 PM.

 

definitely late.

 

"yeah, didn't notice." you shrugged, feeling a little light from the wine that Jimin offered earlier when the movie started. 

 

you don't know why she offered wine in the first place but you didn't ask anyway.

 

"y'know..." she pursed her lips together for a moment. "you could stay the night."

 

you craned your neck, fighting off the urge to close your eyes for a moment because you were caught off guard.

 

did she really just ask you to stay the night?

 

in her place?

 

just the two of you with myang?

 

'what's the catch, yuji?' you asked in your head because, she was never really the type to let you stay.

 

she'd always usher you to go home as soon as you bring her to her door.

 

she'd always push you out of people's sight too whenever you're together.

 

you remember the time you o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter