long time no see, yuji.

amidst the city.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

and in the end, you ate your words.

 

you told yourself the other night that you'd spend the whole day sleeping today but here you are, outside again with ningning.

 

you were surprised when she suddenly barged in your room, disturbing you and your little cat's peaceful morning with a wide grin on her face.

 

there's a sale on the mall she said and that she needed it.

 

"oh ning, you need everything that's on sale in this damn world." you uttered, showing her how her sudden appearance destroyed your morning but she just shrugged.

 

"remember when you ditched me last time to fetch sumin? god, it was so cold that ti-"

 

oh she did not have to mention that.

 

maybe if you just fetched sumin together with her she wouldn't have this card to use against you but what can you do?

 

you don't want her to see you with sumin, especially alone, knowing how her mind works.

 

so here you are (finally after some fights over your blue plaid shirts and hair) you managed to get in the said mall and is walking with her to wherever is that shop with sale.

 

what is up with people and their addiction with on-sale products?

 

"you know I love you, right ning?"

 

"yep, who doesn't?" she raised a brow.

 

your current crush.

 

but of course you didn't say that out loud, you wouldn't want to get kicked in public.

 

you sarcastically smiled. 

 

"you do know that you're just wasting your money on whatever crap you're about buy, right?" you raised a brow. 

 

"hey, this is not crap." she hissed. "it's something I've been wanting since high school!"

 

you breathed.

 

right, one thing about ningning is she's still not over the past.

 

her past.

 

and yours.

 

"right, right. must be one of your sentimental s again." you nodded, waving your hand to dismiss the conversation that you started.

 

"hey, it's not . it's gold. it's a must have."

 

"what is it?"

 

"a sign pen." she shrugged.

 

you couldn't keep your huff in.

 

really?

 

she just pulled you out of your sanctuary for a piece of sign pen that she'll probably never use because she's not really fond of writing on paper?

 

"as if you'll ever use that!"

 

"if I do, you are giving me your cat." she glared at you.

 

oh, definitely not.

 

"my cat is off limits ning, find your own." you rolled your eyes.

 

"so possessive over a cat and for what?" she chuckled, pulling your arm. "I also invited some friends to join us, I know you don't mind."

 

wow.

 

as far as you can remember you never said yes nor did she ever mentioned inviting other people to join you two?

 

but it's fine, the more the merrier right?

 

"as long as they're not as loud as you- aw!"

 

she just pulled your precious ear!

 

"oh don't worry, you'll love them." she smirked, dragging you in the said store where her supposed sign pen is in.

 

 

 

 

you knew something was up with the way she looked at you.

 

the way she giggled.

 

and the way she'd sing almost every 5 minutes and snicker afterwards.

 

"minjeong."

 

"aeri." you nodded, clearing your throat as you took the seat in front of her.

 

turns out, the other people were aeri and guess who's the other one?

 

yu jimin.

 

the yu jimin!

 

there really are times that you just want to kick your friend's and it is one of those times because damn, why her?!

 

well she's technically not in your table because ningning pulled her into the nearby comfort room so here you are, stuck with your old best friend.

 

"how've you been?" you asked.

 

she looked shocked, not expecting that you'd ask because you were never the type to anyway.

 

and you haven't talked for years as well.

 

aeri knows you, that much, that even with a single sigh she'd know what mood you are in.

 

you were kind of stupid for letting your heartbreak ruin what you had but you had to do it.

 

you're sure aeri understands.

 

"I've been fine, architect." she chuckled. "how about you, engineer? heard about this house you're building from yeji the other day."

 

"hm, nearly done." you cracked a smile.

 

okay.

 

you're not awkward with each other and that's a good sign.

 

"it's just for you or with your lover as well?" she asked. "sumin...are you dating her?"

 

you snickered, shaking your head.

 

"not really. we just met again the other day and had a coffee to sober up." 

 

"that was it?"

 

you nodded.

 

"no plans of dating?" she asked. 

 

"nope, I'm fine like this." you waved your hand.

 

it's true, you're fine with how your life is going.

 

no complicated s, just your job and taking care of your cat.

 

"It's been long." she chuckled. 

 

you can feel it.

 

she wants to say something.

 

or ask you anything just to keep the conversation alive.

 

are you still into Jimin?

 

ever dated anyone the past years?

 

have you moved on?

 

can I have you back now?

 

you swear, aeri is easy to read.

 

her eyes could never lie.

 

especially to you.

 

"I missed you." so you said them.

 

the words you've been wanting to say eversince you met eyes with her that night.

 

you missed her, so much.

 

but you never approached nor talked to her.

 

not when you were still not over the fact that jimin dumped you.

 

it would have been fine to you, jimin dumping you, but she did it out of a facebook post.

 

indirectly saying that she's still not over whoever the her ex is and that you stood no chance on surpassing them.

 

you wanted to scream at her, be mad at her because if that is so, why did she keep on giving you green lights?

 

but you shut your conversation down, telling her it's alright and never talked to her since then.

 

and your friendship with aeri got affected too because she's the one who linked you with jimin.

 

stupid minjeong, why did you let that happen?

 

aeri's mouth agaped, eyes widened for awhile before she broke out a smile.

 

a smile that was enough for you to be assured that everything would be alright.

 

everything would go back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter