hello, yuji.

amidst the city.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

hm, how long has it been?

 

you were counting, counting the days (months and years) that passed until one day you just stopped.

 

you stopped counting, and started paying attention to your life outside.

 

outside of the world called yu jimin.

 

you walked away from the dark street that was named yu jimin.

 

hold on, you sound pretty stupid...but whatever.

 

you wandered a lot, went from this place to that place and another place.

 

just...wherever your car would take you as long as it was away from yu jimin and any of your friends that were associated with her.

 

yeah, you seem like a little jerk for just avoiding them at all but you're sure that they understand. 

 

they've seen it all, how you tried.

 

tried on getting her.

 

tried on knocking into her heart, very loud.

 

tried to surpass everyone, or be like the ones she was interested with.

 

and yet nothing worked.

 

you ended up getting a sorry from her.

 

ing funny because she also said that you could be friends but guess what? you got nothing from her after that.

 

hm, think think think...

 

not totally her fault because you didn't really reach out to her but hey, in your defense why the would you reach out to her when she just broke your heart?

 

gave you a lot of green lights.

 

assured you.

 

ing hell really.

 

"how's life been?"

 

right, how's life been?

 

you shrugged, staring at your half-empty glass of...you don't remember whatever this was but it sure was kicking in and you are slowly feeling light.

 

"same old."

 

same old answer.

 

which was true because life's always been the same except the fact that you did finally walk away from yu jimin.

 

who was the love of your goddamned life.

 

"still single?"

 

single? you're not really sure.

 

you've been talking to some girls, some you met in real life in random streets and coffee shops who were brave enough to ask for your number.

 

and some (you find weird but whatever) who sent you messages in your social media accounts.

 

well to be honest it's just pure talks at first and slowly, but surely (damn surely) you started to realize that they had other intentions.

 

they wanted you.

 

something you wanted jimin to do but what did you get from her?

 

nothing, nothing but false hopes and heartbreaking sorry that changed your beliefs.

 

sounds exaggerating but it's true.

 

they like you.

 

something jimin...did do.

 

she liked you.

 

only she did as a friend which you absolutely did not want because while you were all out, showing her how much you liked her.

 

showing her how you picture yourself with only her for the rest of your life, in worst and golden times.

 

showing her that you could do better than whoever was the person she can't move on from because damn that was the only reason why she wouldn't let you in.

 

and you were so damn corny too. now that you're looking back you just want to slap yourself or bang your head in a wall and hope it would be enough for you to forget everything.

 

hm, how do you get amnesia in a day without getting into any car accident and ?

 

kidding, you'll never do that.

 

"yep, still single." but that's what you said, because your friend wouldn't really let you off the hook until she's confirmed that you're okay now.

 

"still-"

 

"no." you glared at her.

 

"well damn." she chuckled. "life wouldn't wait for you, y'know? you don't want to end up being alone 'til you die right?"

 

"I don't mind." you shrugged, earning another chuckle from her.

 

you weren't kidding.

 

you're fine with how your life is going on.

 

you have a stable job as an engineer, a lavish apartment that you have always dreamt of having, a good balance in your bank account and a cat that would always sneak up onto your bed every morning to remind you that you're not alone.

 

you don't need anything more.

 

your life is going on the way that you pictured it.

 

"bet you'd eat your words."

 

"Ryu, just because you have loads of numbers in your phone and we're friends it doesn't mean that I'm like you." you shook your head. 

 

"hey, I deleted them all the moment I got together with the love of my life…something that never happened to you." she laughed and waved her hand, telling you that she'd go and grab another drink of whatever you both were having when in reality you knew that she'd just go looking for her girlfriend.

 

so you're left here, alone.

 

naturally.

 

damn you sounded pathetic for a second there.

 

but people are naturally alone come on.

 

it's just that people can't stand it that they go looking for something, most of the time, someone that would accompany them.

 

you're no different of course because you have your cat at home to welcome you with a meow and purr.

 

you love your cat.

 

reminds you of a certain- 

 

okay hold it right there kim minjeong, you will not mention her name.

 

you let out a sigh, finishing your drink in one go before following after ryujin, you really can't stand being alone in that stool with couples around you.




 

okay, maybe you're regretting following after ryujin because here you are.

 

stuck in between a giggling, drunk mess lee chaeryeong and subtly flirting bae sumin.

 

she's a little drunk so you're sure she doesn't mean whatever she was doing and saying so you just let her. you even play along with her and chuckle every time her cheeks would show shade of pink.

 

she easily gets fluttered, must be protected.

 

you were busy talking with her, talking about something that was related to music as she had studied music in college and is a lyricist.

 

you admire lyricist, you admire their work.

 

you were just cut off when chaeryeong nudged your side.

 

"what?" you raised a brow at ryujin who was smiling.

 

"you're up in 10 minutes in heaven." she snickered before taking the bottle again on the middle and spun it.

 

hm, hold on. 

 

10 minutes in heaven?

 

what the hell?

 

"it's supposed to just be 7 minutes."

 

"7 minutes is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter