be quiet as you can, cause if anyone sees they'll just blow up

Lowkey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Be as quiet as you can

‘Cause if anyone sees

They’ll just blow up

 

It has been an hour and a half since Yerim left her office and try as she might, she couldn’t focus on her work. Her mind keeps on travelling back to a memory from a year ago and the latest news that some interns found out. She somehow felt incredibly lucky that they managed to hide the thirst that have been going on but she knew it can’t go on any longer.

 

Not if it’s her career and reputation on the line. She had too much to lose and she knows Byulyi as well. She worked hard to be where she is right now and she can’t let anything or anyone ruined it.

 

The real question here is, can she stop herself from divulging in this thirst?

 

A beep from her phone woke her up from her musing, shaking her head to pull out from her thoughts, she then picked up her phone to see who messaged her.

 

002-3465-890

- Ms. Jung, are you available at the moment? Ms. Moon wants to meet with you. At the usual spot.

 

Even if she never saved the contact information, she always knew it was Sandeul messaging her. She almost replied with an affirmation when she remembered what Yerim said, she then deleted her previous message and change it to her own home address. It is better to be safe.

 

Pocketing her phone, she packed all her belongings and made her way out of her office. Wendy was at her feet the moment that Wheein passed by her desk and she continued walking, knowing for a fact that her assistant will follow. “The files that I have signed at my desk. Cancel non-emergent meetings that I have and schedule them for tomorrow or next week. Let the department head knows that they need to send me their revised their budget plans for the next month by email. Make sure that Hyejin is cc-ed in that email as well.” Her incredibly reliable assistant didn’t asked any question but instead, take down every note that her boss left.

 

Reaching the elevator, Wheein looked at her assistant as the latter nodded her head firmly and as soon as the door closed, she exhaled a deep breath, already knowing that the next scene that will unfold will cause her a migraine for sure.

 

——

 

It only took her 20 minutes before she finally arrived at her apartment complex. Entering the private elevator that will take her to her flat, she put in her code and waited. She had already sent a text to Sandeul regarding the code to her place and got received an confirmation that Byulyi is in currently inside. Hearing the familiar ding of the elevator car reaching her flat, she took a deep breath and exhaled.

 

Their eyes met as soon as Wheein went past the hallway leading to her living room, they was a few minutes of silence before the both of them opened their mouths.

 

“We need to stop this.” “We need to come out.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter