Thanks to Mrs. Park, I found a new job but WTF?!

That story when I ed up

You know what? It is easy to forge my documents so yeah I'm a legit SNU student. Man, I didn't know being a student in the past was freaking hard. Everything is not a search away. People don't spend so much time using their phones they are just living the moments but I guess it's better that way. 

Sooooo, after a night sleeping in my car, wandering around for almost a day. I found Luna's house apparently their business was not yet booming, having a lot of branches but a humble samgyupsal restaurant where her mom and dad hustle to make a living. I mean they weren't striving because there are a lot of customers. They pitied me and took me in after a made-up sob story I told them. They offer their small attic for me to stay in. I need to be thrifty because of the tuition and all. I don't know how long will I stay here but boy it was freaking hard to live alone at this age with all the bills I need to pay in school. 

I decided to just enroll as a biology student, I don't want to make my life harder picking another program far from what I take in the present. I mean the present where I came from, you know what I'm saying. College life was never hard for me but I was quite apprehensive since I was in the past. I might change the future for any wrong move I have to be careful. I'm doing my best to be as low-key and not garnered too much attention. Just an ordinary student, nothing fancy. 

"Hi. Is this the class for Microbiology 2?" Someone broke my trance. Wait a second. I know this woman. I mean she's younger. Of course she looks younger, I'm in the past. Babo-yah Soojung. I nodded instinctively. 

"Seulgi."

"Huh?" 

"My name. What's yours? I mean we're classmates so better to be friends, right?" She eyesmiled at me. I blushed because of embarassment. I look like a fool staring at her. Is she the same woman who spat such venomous words at my mom.

"Soojung, Jung Soojung." I answered her and shook her hand. I smiled timidly and went back to read my modules. I guess she's not bad after all. 


The class ended Dr. Seok assigned to research about Roles of PTS proteins in bacterial pathogenesis and discuss it by pair. Since I didn't know anyone, Seulgi insisted that we paired up. We were on our way to the cafeteria when we bumped into mom.

 

"Joohyun-ahhhhhhh" Seulgi cheerily greeted my mom with a hug which my mom did not refuse.

"Ssup Bear." A deep hoarse voice coming from the least expected person I want to see. 

"Hey." Seulgi suddenly turned into a tomato. Is she in love- then it hit me. I remember the things that she said to my mom.

"She did. She left me. She ing left me too. I was willing to give her everything but she left me too. I won't lie that I have feelings for her and that was just a moment of weakness but she loved you so much that she'd rather be in pain than pick someone over you."

"Are you sick, Bear? You're hot and you're red." The annoying head said to her. That didn't help, it looked like Seulgi is not hyperventilating. Pupil dilated as if in shock and fanning herself so hard because Amber is touching her forehead worriedly.

"I-I'm okay, Am. I guess I'm just tired." 

"Oh. Hey there Miss ." She chuckled and shook her head when she finally noticed me. I looked at my mom and she looks like she's gonna kill me any moment. 

"You two know each other?" Seulgi asked. 

"No" "Yes" We answered in unison. I wanted to explain but this stupid went first. 

"Aigoo- why don't we talk it during lunch. I'm famished. I'm sure you girls are too. It's lunch time after all Don't worry my treat." She said and pulled Seulgi and mom with her.

"Care to explain Yiyun-ah" My mom said after we settled down on our seats. She doesn't look amused at all. I mean I know mom can be a little intimidating but I never saw her like this. As if she's ready to kill anyone who will say something she won't like.

"We literally bumped into each other one night in the tracking field. Was it really bump or more likely she fell and I was there to catch her like a futton." Amber giggled at the thought. It wasn't funny, I hope she doesnt add that we kiss-

"So yeah Miss that's what she said after she fell unto me and kissed me."

"What?!" Both mom and Seulgi exclaimed. 

"It wasn't a kiss-kiss but more like a peck. I mean she literally just fell face first and I was just there lying down and caught her before her face touches the ground. So Miss , you a biology student too?" All attention shifted to me and it felt like the temperature just dropped to negative 40."

"Soojung." I said softly. I was scared of my mom. 

"What?" Amber said leaning on me.

"My name is Soojung. Jung Soojung not Miss ." I just wanted to disappear. Please let me get out of this conversation. It feels like mom is a ticking bomb one more move and I'll go kaboosh.

"Jung Soojung? Spell it backwards Jung Soojung. Waaahhh so cute right Joohyun-ie." Amber said to me with that ing annoying boyish smile that she does. My mom changed her expression from being gentle when Amber turned to her. 

"Yes. Yiyun we need to go. We still have a class." She dragged stupid with her without any word from us. Seulgi looks like she wanted to say something but they are long gone. 


"Soooo, you like Amber, Seulgi-ah? What's with Bear?" I teased and I wasn't wrong. She blushed and slap me softly. 

"Yah! Joohyun might hear- I mean someone might hear you."

"Wae? I mean is it wrong to like someone?"

"It's not that. I mean they're like together you know. I mean- Aissh why are you even asking."

"First it's not like they are married. Second, I dont think they are together. Did you ask?"

"Most our batchmates know. They havent made it official yet but have you seen them? They are always together. Amber is caring for her like a princess." A hint of jealousy is evident in her voice but you'll feel the sadness too. It can't be I mean I wont be born if mom and Amber will stay together or be a couple. 

"I think Amber likes you too." I didn't know what it got into me.

"You think so?"

"I mean she wouldn't care that much if you do. Maybe all you need to do is make a move on her."

"What about Joohyun?"

"Well, I'll take care of her. Don't worry about that." I will matchmake her with Dad. kekeke

"Ohh there's Amber" Call it luck or what but everything is going with my plan.

"Hey you guys."

"So Amber, what about a date with Seulgi this weekend? Say, Dinner and Movie?" 

"Hmm, just the two of us?" She asked and Seulgi is still dumbfounded so I decided to answer for her.

"Yes! Not bad huh? I mean aren't you free? Plus it'll be nice, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy."

"Alright! Let's go then. Joohyun will be busy with her research and I got nowhere to go." 



Everything is going smooth. Mom is out of the picture. I'm at Seulgi's house doing our research and she's asking for opinion about what to wear. If Seulgi and Amber will become a couple, more chances of me being born. 

"Soojung-ahhhh" Seulgi cooed

"Yes?"

"You look crazy there. Smiling all by yourself." I mean why wouldn't I. Amber is out of the picture. Dad and Mom will fall in love and Jung Soojung will be welcomed to the world. 

"Nothing. I can imagine how you two would be a great couple. Like have you seen yourself? You're a goddess. Amber would be lucky to have you." and Mom will move on before they start whatever they are. 

"I'm really not sure about this. Won't Joohyun be mad?" 

"Why are you even thinking about her? Aigoo yahhhh. Seulgiiiiii they are not together. Even if they are. You'll be the first one to know. You're bestfriends with Joohyun right?"

"Yes but wait did I tell you we're bestfriends?" She asked confusedly

"You didnt but you sure two look like bestfriends. She doesnt get mad even if Amber touches you."

"You are that good in knowing people huh?" 

"Of course. Soooo have fun on your date, okay?" While I plan how to get Mom and Dad together.