It will be harder than I thought

That story when I ed up

After those encounters with both of my parents, I decided to live as if I'm really in the past. I know our present home will not be here since it was just a gift for my parents' wedding. 

Righhhhttttt. There's a huge possibility that my grandparents' house is nearby if I'm really in the past. I drove my way and it feels weird driving. I mean it's the same road minus the establishments I know. I reached my destination after a good 20 minute drive since I'm having a hard time navigating the area. Man a lot of things changed huh?

I rang the door bell to see if someone's home but it hit me. Won't it be weird if I go to my grandparents when they don't even know me? Aishh- well it. I have nowhere to go anyway. 

"Can I help you?" Damn. Pops really looked good when he was younger. I was even in a daze, no wonder I have good genes too. 

"Ahh hello is there anything I can help you with?" . Come on Soojung. Think 1999. 1999 oh yeah this is the time Pops' company is expanding. Right right.

"I'm Jung Soojung, a student from SNU and I would just like to interview you for your plans of your company's expansion." That was a lame excuse. I don't even have anything with me. My grandfather eyed me for a few seconds. He doesn't seem convinced of the reason why I was there. 

"How'd you know that? I mean I haven't even announced it-" 

"I was researching how you established a company that will help our country in the future. I am very interested and I want to publish an article regarding your company to inspire my co-students." I know my grandpa hate getting cut off like that but I also know Pops is very proud of his company. He was one of the people who you can say a pioneer of modern technology. Despite being born in a family of lawyers he chose his own way. 

"Ohh. Is that so? Why don't you come inside and l would love to talk about it." He offered me a warm smile and escorted me inside. 

"Can I offer you some coffee or tea?" He politely asked but I refused. How the hell am I supposed to interview when I have nothing with me. 

"So where do I start? I-" 

"Shouldn't you be recording this? Or writing something?" Again another suspicion. Of course. That's how interviews go. 

"I want this to be casual as possible to avoid awkwardness and straight from the book answers. I would love to write something heart warming." I chuckled nervously damn. Why is my gradnpa so smart. 😞😞😞😞

"Alright then. Then I would love to tell you how it all started..." Then my grandpa tell me the story I already know. 

"Thank you for allowing me to interview you." I bowed and it was only then that I noticed it's already dark. Damn where will I stay I have no money and I have no idea how it works back then. 

"Well it's my pleasure. Oh it's already dark. Why don't you join us for dinner," I wanted to refuse but I'm so hungry that I'd rather swallow my pride rather than be hungry for the rest of the night. At least that's one problem down. 

"My wife will be home in a little while. Why don't you wait while I prepare our dinner." I didn't know that grandpa cooks. Don't they have a maid or something?

"Yeobo, I'm home." And there she is. Grandma looking tired but satisfied with today's work. My grandma if I'm not mistaken is a doctor SNU Hospital. 

"annyeonghasimnikka" I bowed down and she just noticed my presence just then. I guess they're not really used to visitors. 

"Oh- I'm sorry but who are you?"

"Oh yeobo, wasseo? Ahh right. This Jung Soojung from SNU. She interviewed me and she'll be joining us for dinner." My grandpa said to my grandma. I guess she's too tired to ask questions. I heard the door opened once again and this time it's my dad. I guess the universe really hates me but what am I thinking of course he'll be home for dinner and this is their house. 

"Im home- Oh! You again?" Before I say anything my grandpa already called us for dinner. I just want to eat and took off but my dad decided to make it all awkward for me when he told how we met in the uni. Never knew dad will be this talkative. Aishh jinjja. Can my day get any worse than this? I'm just really thankful that his parents couldn't care much about that embarrassing encounter. 

"Thank you for the dinner." I told my grandparents after they served me a scrumptious dinner. Damn. Grandpa can really cook. He prepared steak and lots of banchan. I would love to stay but they don't even know me. What can I do?

"Well it was nice having you. Son why don't you her on her way out." 

----

"Twice in a day huh? Were you hungry too that's why dad offered you dinner?" I blushed in embarrassment. Of course I was. I have no money and I haven't eaten anything after the jumeokbap that he gave me. 

"Just kidding. You know it's nice someone is acknowledging my dad's effort. It's not easy to do something out of nothing."

"Well it was a pleasure to write about someone as hardworking as your dad and please do tell him thank you for the delicious dinner."

"I definitely will. You know what. It's weird they warmed up right away with you. We're not really used to visitors but they accepted you as if you're family." My dad pointed out. Of course duh. I'm your family. I'm your daughter. 

"Well just take it as my charm dad," I unmindfully said.

"Guess I really look like your dad huh? It was nice having you too. Please drive safely." He bowed and before I say something I just shrug it off and leave. I should remind myself that I can't call him that. 

-------

I drove around the city for a while to find some place to stay. How can I do that if I have no money? After driving, I was back in the uni's parking. Guess I'll be spending the night here huh? I hope this dream will end so I can go back. It's really hard not being recognized by your loved ones. Damn it. I hope by the time I wake up this will all end. 😞

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​