002

collab fanfic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sinb pov

As I rode the bus to my house, I couldn't take my mind off of a certain blonde girl. Even though we had just met, and had only a brief interaction, she had made quite an impression on me. I wasn't sure what to make of that impression though; was I intrigued? Uncomfortable? Or maybe even attracted? I don't know, it could be any combination of those, but I am sure of one thing; I wanted to meet her again, and learn more about her. The fact that she's my girlfriend's sister made me all the more curious about her.

Is she anything like my girlfriend? How was their childhood? Why do they seem to have a bad relationship?

As I looked out the window and watched for my bus stop, my thoughts drifted towards something else that was bothering me.

I was disappointed that Umji had cancelled a dinner date with me. She's never done that before, unless she wasn't feeling well, or if an emergency had come up. She must've been really upset if she felt that she had to resort to scrapping our plans.

And of course, the reason for our date being postponed, was a particular smirking girl's sudden appearance.

As I stepped off the bus, my thoughts kept turning to Yerin. The source of all my questions.

I couldn't help thinking about the way she made me feel, with the way she looked at me, and talked to me. I've never felt that way before, and started feeling guilty for indulging in these thoughts, so I tried to clear my mind of her as I walked into my house.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home! What's for dinner?"

 

Umji pov

As I watch as my sister leave, I was wondering how it could have gotten to this point. Before the incident, we were practically inseparable. We would talk and play together often, with her constantly teasing me. I loved being with her, and I even looked up to her, wanting to be like her some day.

I can't believe how much things have changed since what happened 8 years ago... how much she has changed...

And now it feels like she's an enemy, and that I always have to watch my back.

 

Umji sighs heavily as she walks to her room. Yerin's sudden appearance created another problem she wasn't sure how to deal with.

She was not looking forward to seeing Sinb again right now, because she knew that Sinb was going to have a lot of questions about tonight. How was she going to explain why she had kept her sister a secret all this time?

 

Sinb pov

After dinner, I went to my room and sent Umji a text message, hoping to get a response. I knew she was really upset, and I was worried about how she was doing.

Unfortunately, she wasn't replying. I'm sure she'll answer when she's ready to do so.

Before I had the chance to think about what to do next, I received a call from my best friend.

"Hi Yuju, am I glad to hear from you." I'm sure she heard the relief in my voice.

"Is there something wrong?"

Yes, there was definitely something going on, and I needed to talk to someone about it. "Well, sort of?"

"I'm actually at your door right now, with Jackson. Can we come in?"

I was mildly surprised. "Of course. But why haven't you rang the doorbell yet?"

"I know how your parents aren't too thrilled to have visitors come by on Sunday nights, so we wanted you to answer the door."

"That's a good point. Hold on while I ask my parents."

 

I ended the call and went out to our living room, where my parents were watching the evening news. As usual.

Yuju has been my best friend since elementary school. Though we have many things in common, we definitely had our share of differences as well; the biggest being our attitudes towards academics. To be more specific, Yuju likes to put things off until the last minute, and just barely get by on passing grades.

Her boyfriend, Jackson, was exactly the same way, and I felt that it could be risky to have those two people, with similar relaxed work ethics, be dating each other. They would encourage each other to keep procrastinating, which will likely affect their grades.

For me, I have to get my work done quickly, because I find the thought of unfinished homework very unsettling. Having to do my assignments last minute would mean rushing through it, and not learning things properly. And anything less than a perfect grade on an assignment or a test feels like a failure to me.

"Can Yuju come over for a little bit?" I asked tentatively, not feeling very optimistic. They'd normally say no in this situation.

My dad glances at me before turning back to the TV. "Yuju? Isn't it a little late? And it's Sunday."

"Please? Just for an hour?" I begged, glancing at the living room clock. It showed the time being 6:53

"Alright, but only for half an hour. And you better keep it quiet. No shenanigans."

"Is she coming here for educational reasons?" my mom asks.

"Yes, she is," I lied, not knowing why my best friend was already here.

My mom nods, and then turns back to the TV. She feels like the only valid reason for me to have gatherings is for school-related purposes. Anything else was considered a waste of time.

As I rushed to the front door and opened it, I realized that I forgot to mention Jackson.

 

"Finally! I was getting cold out here!" Jackson was rubbing his hands together to keep them warm.

"Sorry, but I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter