Chapter 4

Forever

 

Almost two months passed by. Both Hyukjae and I have gotten closer to each other, more than what I expected before. Honestly, I’ve fallen for him more and more each day. I’m getting used to be with him, and unknowingly, I’m starting to get attached to him.

He made new friends too, as expected. I know it’s not fair to let him be friends with just me and my friends. We don’t sit together anymore in the lecture hall, he’ll sit with his friends while I’ll just sit with Jessica and Sunny.

Well, I know he felt awkward when he sits together with the three of us. Yes, Sunny and Jessica treats him nicely, but to be the only guy among three girls, it’s just awkward for him. I knew that. This was also because of the rumor between both of us. I thought they’ll stop talking when we stopped hanging around with each other in lectures, but it didn’t.

Though we’re not sitting together anymore, we’ll still hang around with each other, the four of us. The four of us will usually meet up to study together. And Hyukjae, he would usually come over to my house during the weekends for lunch or dinner, along with Leeteuk. So basically, nothing really changed though we’re not talking that much in college anymore.

 

I walked over to him as soon as I stepped out from the college. As usual, he was waiting for me outside the gate with a big smile fixed on his face.

“Fany-ah, I’m hungry! Let’s eat something,” he suggested as he rubbed his flat stomach.

“I don’t have money,” I told him.

“Then cook something for me!”

I ignored him and walked faster, leaving him behind. I heard him complaining about me being mean, not wanting to cook for him and all, but I pretended as if I didn’t hear that. I know he was still following me though because I heard his footsteps behind me.

He'll walk me home from college since the first day he transferred here. I never asked for that, but he was the one who volunteered to do so.

I argued with him saying it’s not necessary for him to do that for me since I’ve been walking home alone for all these while. It’s just that he never listened to me. He would fight back saying it’s not safe because I’m a girl and even nothing happened before, we’ll never know that might happen in the future.

I even told him that the distance between our houses is too far from each other. Moreover, his apartment is on the other side of the town so he would have to walk for about thirty minutes back to his apartment. He never cared too though. In the end, I just gave up. No matter what I told him, he won’t listen to me.

“Fany-ah, cook something for me please,” I heard him pleaded from behind but I still ignored him.

We reached my apartment building ten minutes later. I turned around to see him looking at me with his puppy eyes. I sighed loudly. I didn’t say anything but I held the lobby door open, waiting for him to walk inside the lobby.

He smiled at me widely and pressed the elevator’s button. Once the elevator reached the tenth floor, I quickly walked out, still leaving him behind. I just wanted to .

He’s been acting like a little kid. Well, only when he’s with me. Even Taeyeon and Leeteuk realized that. They kept on teasing us because they said Hyukjae never acted like that when he’s with anyone else, but he’s being a kid when he’s with me, mainly because he wants to get my attention.

“Stay in the living hall, don’t disturb me,” I instructed him as I walked to the kitchen, preparing the lunch for both of us.

No matter how childish he acts around with me, I can’t help but falling for his acts. Maybe it’s because I love him? I don’t even know. I am still scared of the past, that is the only thing that keeps me away from telling him my true feelings. I am scared of any relationship, but I keep on hoping that we’ll be more than friends.

I sometimes wish he feels the same towards me. Though others told me that it’s obvious that he likes me, but I don’t know whether I should believe them or not. I wanted him to tell it to me himself. I want to hear it from his mouth.

 

I walked to the living hall after I prepared the lunch for both of us. I was about to call him when I saw him lying on the couch, sleeping. I wanted to wake him up but I don’t think I should when I saw his tired face.

I sat there, in front of him waiting for him to wake up on his own. I looked at each of his features intently, moving from one feature to the other. His hair, his eyebrows, his closed eyes, his nose and his lips. A few minutes after that, I felt sleepy. I placed my head on the other couch and closed my eyes. Just a short nap, I told myself.

 

I opened my eyes slowly when I felt someone caressed my cheeks. I was shocked to see Hyukjae in front of me, only a few inches away from my face with his hand on my cheeks.

“Yah!” I shouted at him as I pushed him away from me.

I heard him groaned in pain on the floor. It turned into a laugh and he kept on laughing until his face turned red. I looked at him in confusion. He was in pain just now and now he’s laughing like a crazy person.

“You should see your face, Fany-ah! It was as if I was about to you,” he said as he tried to control his laugh.

“You were so close to my face, of course I’m scared!” I said as I threw a cushion to him.

“I was just about to wake you up, Fany-ah. I would do something else, but I won’t since you’re not my girlfriend. Well, not yet for now,”

He whispered the last sentence slowly but I heard it. What did he meant by ‘not yet’? I felt my heart thumped faster as I thought about it. By any chance, does he likes me too? I shrugged my shoulder, not knowing the answer.

“Let’s eat! I’ll just heat up the food,” I said to him as I pulled him to the kitchen. 

 


 

 

I'm truly sorry for the late update. Well, I did update for the Chapter 3 but then AFF went down, and that chapter along with some comments and subscribers were lost. So yeah, I was having my test last week, so I can't come on here and update. I'm sorry for the long wait. I will update again, when I have the idea. Apparently, this exam caused me to have writers block. But no worries, I won't be gone for long. Don't miss me. 

Hope you enjoy the update :')