Chapter 13

Forever

 

As much as I wanted to stay in this house, I couldn’t face this anymore. The memories of me and him kept on playing in my head. There’s so much memories here. There’s so much good moments that we created together in this apartment.

Living in this apartment felt so different now. I felt like I don’t belong here, not anymore. I don’t know why Taeyeon was so mad at me, but she’s still giving the silent treatment to me. It’s almost 2 weeks now, and she’s still not talking to me. She ignored me, it was like she’s all alone in the apartment and I don’t even exist.

After making up my mind, I finally made a decision to leave. Not permanently, when everything gets better, I’ll move in back. For now, I just want to leave from this place. A place which was full of good memories is now a place that made me suffered so much.

I packed up my things and with a heavy heart, I closed the door of my room. Leaving the key and a letter for Taeyeon on the dining table, I walked out from the apartment slowly. Taeyeon is not home yet and I purposely skipped my lecture to pack my things up and leave.

--------------------

The taxi stopped in front of the apartment building and after I paid for the taxi fare, I walked out, heading to that one particular apartment that I know by heart. I was thankful that I have them, I was thankful that they offered me to move in with them until things get better.

“You’re here!” Jessica opened the door and helped to bring my luggage in.

“Well... Yes, I guess?” I smiled and she pulled me inside, locked the door and showed me to the room that I’ll stay in for the time being.

“Since this is Sunny’s apartment, so I thought that both of us will stay in a room together and let Sunny have the room for herself. Is it fine?” Jessica asked me and I just nodded.

I have no problem, they’re both my best friends and it’s not that I don’t know that sometimes they still sleep in the same room after a long chat in the middle of the night. Plus, they’re both afraid of the dark so they will usually sleep together to accompany each other.

“Fany-ah, have you eaten? I bought something on my way back from college. Sunny’s still at the college, she have a date with Sungmin I guess,” Jessica told me.

“I thought you cooked,” I .

“I would just burn down the whole apartment,” Jessica replied sarcastically.

“Well, I’m glad you realized that,” I replied back, still teasing her.

“Yah!”

I ignored her whining and went to eat my lunch.

This should be a good start.

--------------------

Almost two weeks since I moved in and almost one month since our breakup. Time passed by so quickly and sometimes, I still cried myself to sleep. It was always Jessica and Sunny who would calm me down when I can’t stop crying in the middle of the night.

I missed everything, I miss every single thing that I used to have. I miss him, I miss Taeyeon, I miss us, I miss what I used to have before. It hurts me to face him every single day at college and knowing that I can’t go any closer to him like before, it breaks me down each time.

If people ask me about how I’m coping with my life now, all I could do is to smile. I have my friends, but sometimes they had to leave me alone, especially Sunny when she has a date with Sungmin. Sometimes she even went on date without letting me know, and the only reason is because she feels guilty that she’s on a date when I’m still suffering from a breakup. It somehow feels like I’m burdening them.

--------------------

31 July

One day before my birthday. I am all alone today since Jessica had to stay at college for some assignments and Sunny is on a date, I guess. At times like this, I can’t stop myself from thinking about him again. All of the memories kept on replaying in my mind.

If I could do it, I would run to his house right now and ask him to get back with me again. But who am I to do this? I was the one who let him go and why would I even bother to get him back into my life? I think he’s over me, except for one thing, I still couldn’t see the light in his eyes, the way it was before when we were still together. Maybe, a part of himself is still in love with me. I don’t know.

I heard my phone rang and I quickly picked up, not bothered to look for the caller ID.

“Hello?” I greeted.

“Tiffany. Can we meet up?”

I was startled. I don’t think it’s him, but the voice tells me that it’s really him. I take a look at the caller ID and right, it was him.

“Where?” I asked him.

“I’ll fetch you,” he said right before he hung up.

--------------------

It was almost 8.00 pm when I heard a knock on the front door. Knowing that it’s Hyukjae, I quickly took my handbag and opened the door. There he is, standing in front of me, looking neat and handsome, just the way he used to be before.

“I wish, you’ll treat me like we’re still together tonight,” he said as soon as he saw me and he gave me that one smile that I missed so much.

It seems like what I wished for has finally came true. I can’t help myself from smiling, and without even realizing it, I felt my hand is already secured in his.

I don’t mind if this is just a dream, but what I want right now is only one thing. I hope I won’t woke up from this dream. 

 

 



 

This is the update that you've been waiting for. Another update shall be here soon, as now I'm currently writing it back. Sorry for the long delay, it's all because when I reread it, I found out that this chapter seems to be super duper boring than this. Well, this is already boring so can you imagine it if I didn't rewrite this chapter? So, I think this is the update for the time being and I can promise you that the exciting update will be coming reaaaal soon :)