Chapter 11

Forever

 

I’ve made a decision. I can’t deny how painful it is to me to make this decision, but I don’t think I can find any other way out. I don’t want to be cheated by the person that I love so much. Putting this relationship to an end might be the only way out.

I went to lecture as if nothing happened. I didn’t tell anyone about what I saw yesterday. I didn’t call Hyukjae last night like what we usually do. He didn’t call me either. The class went well, it ended after hours that felt like years for me. It’s hard to pretend like I’m okay when the truth is, in the inside, I feel like breaking down. It’s harder when I had to see Hyukjae’s face and how worried he looks when he saw me.

I quickly left the class after it ended. I was almost out from the gate when I heard someone calling me. I quickly turned around and saw Hyoyeon walking towards my way. Without saying a word, she pulled my arm and she took me to a secluded alley, far from others.

“So, you’re Hyukjae’s new girlfriend, right?”

I just nodded.

“Do you know who am I to him?”

I remained silent, not wanting to say anything.

“I’m his first love, the first girl he fell in love with. I know he has you now, but deep inside his heart, I know he still loves me. I don’t want to pick a fight with you, so I’ll just tell you what I have to say,”

“Spill it,”                                       

“Break-up, leave him, give him back to me,” she said without any expression.

She doesn’t look guilty for asking me to do that. I have no idea of where she even have the guts to say that. It just made me feel angry. I know I’ve already made my mind to break up with Hyukjae, but seeing this girl, it makes me furious. How can I let Hyukjae be with this kind of girl?

“I am breaking up with him. Just give me some time, I’ll end whatever I’m supposed to end,” I said to her emotionless, hiding all of my feelings inside.

I quickly left her. Staying any longer will only make me angrier. I walked back home, trying to endure all the stabbing pain in my chest. I told myself not to cry but I was just lying.

As soon as I locked myself in the room, all of the tears that I held back since morning poured down. Just how can this end like this? I felt like I’m lifeless now, what’s the reason for me to live if the person who gave me the light is going to be taken away from me?

I don’t want to let him go, why would I? But I have to. I don’t want him to feel guilty having to choose me when he’s still in love with Hyoyeon. I don’t want to be cheated by him, not at all. I’d rather let him go and let him be with her, as long as that can make him happy.

I know she can make him happy. Taeyeon said Hyoyeon was with Hyukjae ever since they were kids, of course she can make him happy. Of course she can take care of him. She knows him better than me. Maybe he’s just not meant for me. I can never replace her in his heart because somehow, I know she has her own special place in Hyukjae’s heart.

He won’t get this affected if she’s just a real past for him. He will not change in a few hours just because he saw her. He will not kiss her back when she initiated the kiss.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I don’t know where should I go now. I’m really lost. I need someone to be with me but it can’t be Taeyeon. I don’t want her to know about this yet. Just not yet. I made my way to Jessica and Sunny’s apartment, waited for them to open up the door and the tears came out right when I saw their worried face.

Jessica quickly took my hand and pulled me inside. She wrapped her arms around me, holding me tightly. I was on the verge of breaking down, and the only thing that kept me standing right at that moment was her.

“What’s wrong? Tiffany, tell us. Why are you like this?” Sunny asked worriedly.

I sat on the couch, still not being able to stop my tears from falling down. My shoulders are shaking as I sob harder each second. Sunny kept on patting my back while Jessica held my hand tightly.

“Hyoyeon... She’s Hyukjae’s ex-girlfriend. She told me to leave him,” I said in between my sobs.

“What? She was the one who left him and now she’s threatening you? How dare her? You’re not leaving him, right? You’re not going to leave him because someone told you to do so?” Sunny said angrily.

“Sunny, I don’t know. I don’t know. I love him, but I have to let him go,”

“Yah, what are you saying?” Jessica asked as she stared at me deeply.

“I saw them. They were fighting yesterday, and he was about to leave. She stopped him, and when he turned to face her, she started kissing him. He... He don’t even fight when she started kissing him. He kissed her back, he...”

Each of the word that came out from my mouth feels like it’s cutting me down into pieces. It hurts me too much, it unbearable.

“What?” Jessica looked at me, not knowing what to say to me.

“Tiffany, it doesn’t mean that breaking up is the only solution for this. You can talk to him,” Sunny said.

“Sunny, he kissed her back. His eyes soften when she hugged him. He... Ignored me since the day she transferred to our college,”

“Then you’re really leaving him?” Sunny asked curiously.

“Yes, but I don’t know when. I want to spend my time with him before we break up. I don’t know who should I turn to, I need someone to talk to so badly but I don’t want to burden any of you. But now, I can’t keep it anymore. Sunny-ah, Sica-ah, it hurts so much,”

The other two were speechless. They slowly wrapped their arms around me and hugged me tightly, giving me all the strength that I needed, giving me all support that I needed.

“We’re here for you. It’s no burden, we’ll stay here and help you. You’ll be fine, Fany,” they told me.

I need the strength to not break down when I see him. I need to stop the tears when we meet. I need to make our last date, a memorable date for him. At least, I want him to remember me as the person he once loved. 

 


Annyeong! 

I updated! My finals is in 2 weeks time so maybe there'll be no update from me until I finish my exams but I MIGHT post a chapter before my exams. It all depends on my preparation :p 

Do wait patiently :D 

Please comment cause I want to hear from you. I want to know your opinion about this story. Hope you guys like it ♥