The present

The heartbreak

A tall girl with a long orange hair looked up at the cafe's bright label right outside named Queendom. She fixed her long brown coat before pushing the door opened and stepped in. She looks around and saw an empty table not too far from the small stage inside the cafe.

She heads towards the table and took a seat before taking out her phone.

"She's not replying." She sighed before looking around again.

She then received a notification.

I'm here.     08:41pm

She frowned and was ready to text the person back when suddenly the lights dimmed a little. 

"My dear customers, tonight I'll be singing one song for you."

She looks up and squinted her eyes at the stage, seeing a short hair woman sitting on a stool with a guitar in her hands. She noticed how some of the customers taking their phone and preparing to record a video.

"I hope you'll like it." The girl on the stage said again before she starts strumming her guitar.

 

My true feelings on a torn paper

Are getting clear somethin’ bout you

Yeah you look like me but different somehow

I wonder if you feel the way as I do

There’s no hope but I expect it

 

After a day, a month and a year,

We would live different lives

 

She saw the singer closed her eyes as she stopped strumming and took a deep breath before she sings out loud with the music playing for her this time instead of only her guitar. 

 

No I’m not

I don’t think it’ll be easy for me

You still fill my days

No not yet

I’m repeating like a fool

I can’t hold the words lingering on my lips

It’s not fine

Ah ah ah ah it’s not fine

 

Now the singer opened her eyes as she continues to sing. 

 

Tying my hair back,

I’m cleaning the mess in my room

I’m looking for somethin’ new

 

Sometimes I just move

Feeling like I can’t handle it

Or like I have to do something

 

After a day, a month, and a year, by then

I thought I could recall it with a smile

 

No I’m not

I don’t think it’ll be easy for me

You still fill my days

No not yet

I’m repeating like a fool

I can’t hold the words lingering on my lips

It’s not fine

Ah ah ah ah it’s not fine

 

Now the music stops for a while before it starts again slowly and she starts to strum her guitar again while singing the next lyrics emotionally. 

 

Meaningless jokes, small talk

I look fine in a crowd

I’m pretending to be fine with a smile on my face

I try not to think of the shadow called “you”

 

I can’t help

Thinking of our last moment

The parting that “take care” was all of it

 

She closed her eyes again this time and let out all of her feelings as she sings her heart out for the final chorus. 

 

No not yet

The words I repeat like a fool

I can’t hold the words lingering on my lips

The words I repeat like a fool

I can’t hold the words lingering on my lips

It’s not fine

Ah ah ah it’s not fine

Ah ah ah it’s not fine

 

The audiences were all standing up and gave her a round of applause as most of them were wiping off their tears too while the singer just smiled before standing up and bowed politely. 

"Thank you so much. I hope you'll enjoy the dinner now. I'm sorry for making you guys cry." She giggled and some customers shouted that it's alright. 

The orange haired girl just let out a soft sigh before crossing her arms and looks at the table after the singer disappeared from the stage. 

Now a slow song is playing, Wendy - Goodbye. It fits the mood after the song that was being performed earlier. 

"Hey." 

The girl raised her head and sees the singer now taking a seat opposite her. 

"You're still singing some kind of sad love song." She told the singer. 

"I know. But I can't help it. Kim Taeyeon's song is the best. Fine is one of my favourite from her." She replied. 

"Mhm."

"What did you order?" 

"I haven't order anything yet." 

"Then I'll order for us. Yerim ah!" 

She just watched her calling one of the waitress and ordered some drinks and food for them both. 

"Is that all, boss?" 

"Yep! Thanks Yerim." 

"Anything for you boss." 

The singer is the owner of the cafe, and she just happened to be her friend when they met overseas a year ago.

"So Kang Seulgi, how are you?" 

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you first, Seungwan?" 

"I'm fine."

"You just said you are not fine earlier." 

"I was singing?" 

"And I can see right through your singing that you are indeed not fine." 

Seungwan sighed and looked outside her cafe's glass wall, it's raining right now. 

"It has been what? A year and a half?"

"Yeah." Seungwan mumbled her short reply.

"You're still not over her, aren't you?" Seulgi asked.

Seungwan just blinked her eyes, smiling though its not reaching her eyes while she stares at the rain pouring down outside.

"No."

She paused before she talked again.

"I don't think I'll ever be."

"But it's hurting you, Wannie. Your feelings are hurting you."

"But it keeps me going."

"What?"

She looks at Seulgi and put her palm on her chest.

"My only reason to continue doing what I love and to live my life doing what makes me happy is her. I opened up this cafe, singing occasionally whenever I want and coming back here, has always been for her." Seungwan said.

"At least, the thought of her keeps me alive you know. I'm good just to be able to continue loving her silently from afar like this. I never regret falling for her, Seulgi ah. I still hold her dearly in my heart." She added.

"I feel like life is bearable with her in my life even though we're not together anymore. Yes it still hurts, but I wouldn't want to forget all of our memories. I cherish each and every moments I've spent with her. So no, I will never forget her and I certainly cannot stop loving her. She's taking every pieces of my heart with her the moment I fell in love with her. There's nothing left with me, Seulgi. I am not capable to love anyone else after her. Not when she took all of my heart with her."

"Sometimes I want to smack your head for being disgustingly romantic like this and for making me feel touched of the love that you have for her. Never found someone who loves a person as much as you do." Seulgi said which makes her laughed.

"Aw come on. One day, you'll feel this much love for your special someone. When that day comes, I'll be cheering for you."

"No thanks. Save me from the heartbreak please. Watching you have already made my heart breaks, what more if I'm the one who will experience it."

"Kang Seulgi." Seungwan called her name sternly and she raised her eyebrows at her.

"What?"

"Falling in love is not just full with rainbows. You will learn to be happier and there will be pain too."

"Yeah, and that's why I don't want to fall in love. I'm happy the way I am. Why would I risk my heart for something painful?"

"You don't go around looking for love, Seulgi. Love will find its way to you. Trust me. When the time comes, when the person comes, it'll be in the most unexpected time of your life. No matter how much you want to avoid falling in love, you just can't. When you fall in love, you will still fall even if you try to prevent yourself from it. Love will come crashing in your life, leave a mess in your heart and when that happens, you will surrender yourself to it. That's how love can affect someone's heart and emotion even if not all love ends with happily ever after. You know, just like how you can't avoid yourself from falling in love, you can't avoid the possibility of getting hurt from it too. Its just a nature of being in love you know."

Seulgi rolled her eyes and raised her hands up while Seungwan just chuckled at her.

" Alright, love doctor. I get it. I can't argue with you."

"Of course you can't. I'm an expert when it comes to love talk."

"Sure you are."

 

 

 

 

..... 

 

 

 

Dear readers, 

I just suddenly feel like continuing this story instead of ending it in one shot. I hope you'll enjoy the continuation of this story. 

Stay safe guys.