Talk

The heartbreak

"This is the reason why we will never be a happy family. You were always away."

"I'm doing this for all of us."

"Nonsense!"

"What do you want exactly?!"

Jimin sighs at the sight of her parents fighting, she then turned away, not even bothering to greet them as she left the house.

"I thought you just came?"

Jimin looks up and saw her cousin who happened to be their neighbour too.

"Was thinking of visiting and maybe eat dinner together but I don't think it's a good time."

"So you're going back to your apartment?"

"Ye-" Jimin paused when she received a notification and checked her phone.

 

Where are you? I'm here at Queendom with Ning! I'm excited, Minjeong will sing tonight!          8:12pm

 

"I think I'll stop by at Queendom for a dinner." Jimin said. 

"Queendom?"

"Yeah."

"Can I join you, Jimin?"

"I'll be with my friends though. Would that be okay?"

"Sure."

"All right. I'll drive."

"Okay."

 

 

... 

 

 

"We're here."

Jimin smiled and looked at her cousin who stood frozen in front of the entrance.

"Joohyun unnie?"

"Huh?"

"Are you going in with me or not?"

"Oh. Right. Let's go."

Jimin opened the door and let Joohyun entered first and her eyes tried to find Aeri and Ning. Soon she found them sitting at the exact table she was sitting at with Ning last time.

"Unnie, come with me." Jimin said and walked to the pair and greeted them.

"You're here!" Aeri clapped her hands in excitement while Ning just smirked at Jimin.

"Yeah and I'm bringing my cousin with me. This is Joohyun unnie. Unnie, they are my friends, Aeri and Ning." Jimin said and gestured Joohyun to sit with her.

"Hello girls. I hope I'm not a bother here." Joohyun said and smiling at them.

"Oh, no no! The more the merrier!" Aeri grinned. Jimin just shake her head seeing Aeri being a social butterfly as always.

"I think they are doing a duet." Ning said and pointed at the stage using her chin.

Jimin quickly turned her body around and smiled seeing Minjeong was sitting on a stool already with Seungwan sitting behind the piano, new addition to the stage.

Jimin then move her chair to sit facing the stage properly and Joohyun silently followed her.

"Hi everyone. Tonight we both will give a special duet for you. Please enjoy." Seungwan said through the mic before she started to play the piano softly.

 

It's difficult even just to breathe 

Even the simplest thing have turned into burdens

The day you left me, faded into the endless night

Even that day now seems so far away

 

Ever since that day, to me

Is nothing but endless suffering

Every single day, I'm hurting

I will let you go~

 

I will finally let go of your hands

Like a withered flower

As if I'm a shattered glass

I don't have tomorrow~

 

Because I'm already in so much pain

To a point I no longer can get myself up

I'm feeling too weak

At this same place~

 

Jimin glanced at Joohyun when she heard a soft sob, she tilted her head and was about to ask if she's okay when she heard Minjeong's soft voice singing this time. 

 

Rewind to the day when loneliness finds me

That was the time when I just want to cry and never stop

"One day happiness will come back, this too shall pass" 

Please stop telling me things I already know

I will try my best to quickly forget~

 

That day when my suffering start

Every passing day, it leaves a scar on my heart 

And it hurts me... 

I will let you go~

 

I will finally let go of your hands

Like a withered flower

As if I'm a shattered glass

I don't have tomorrow~

 

Because I'm already in too much pain

To a point I can't get up

I'm feeling too weak

Right where you left me~

 

Jimin's eyes softened as she watched Minjeong singing with all of her heart, conveying the meaning of the song to the audiences. 

 

(Seungwan's part) 

A day when there is no you

Is a day full of sorrow to me

Even the moment when the sun goes down 

Reminds me of you

 

(Minjeong's part) 

When the endless nights finally have swollen me

Along with the moon

That's when you know my heart has changed~

 

Jimin heard some customers cheers for Minjeong's high note and she couldn't help but to be proud of the girl but they got another surprise from Seungwan who was singing her heart out for the last chorus while Minjeong continues supporting her by singing some of the lines as well. 

Their voice blended so well and they harmonized with each other until the song has ended. 

 

 

... 

 

 

Seungwan smiled and thanked the crowd with Minjeong, they talked while walking down the stage together. 

"That was fun, wasn't it?" 

"Yes, boss." 

"Just call me, unnie. You're becoming like Yerim already now." 

Minjeong just laughed while Seungwan only shakes her head. 

"Hi guys. Oh, hi Jimin!" 

Seungwan was surprised to see Joohyun sitting with Minjeong's friends. 

"This is my cousin, Joohyun unnie." Jimin introduced when she saw Seungwan's and Minjeong's confused face. 

"Oh, hello." Minjeong greeted her sweetly and bowed. 

Seungwan only gave a small smile while nodding. She never met Jimin through Joohyun before even if she was in a relationship with Joohyun for a long time. 

"All right. I'll leave you guys alone. Thank you for coming. It's good to see Minjeong got her own supporters." Seungwan jokes and Minjeong only chuckled. 

"Ahm. Seungwan?" Joohyun suddenly stands up and Seungwan raised her eyebrows. 

"Can I talk to you?" 

Seungwan glanced at the others confused face now especially Jimin. 

"Uh. Sure. Would you like to talk in my office?" 

"Okay." 

When Seungwan and Joohyun left them, Aeri asked Jimin if they know each other. 

"I don't know. I mean, we're cousins but we rarely hang out together." Jimin said and pulled the empty chair close to her before gesturing Minjeong to sit. 

"Your cousin is very pretty." Minjeong said. 

"Is she?" 

"Yes." 

"Prettier than me?" Jimin asked with a serious face. 

Minjeong blinked her eyes as she stared at Jimin. 

"Prettier than me." Minjeong said instead. 

"I don't think so." 

"Huh?" 

"You're still the prettiest in my eyes." Jimin smiled. 

Aeri gasped while Ning was jaw dropping. Minjeong tilted her head before she chuckled. 

"Are you flirting with me?" Minjeong asked. 

"Maybe." Jimin shrugged and leaned her back against the chair. 

"Is someone going to be upset with me if I do?" Jimin asked. 

"Who?" Minjeong asked back. 

"I don't know. Maybe your someone." 

"Ah." Minjeong laughed and shakes her head. 

"There's no one." Minjeong said. 

"That's good." 

Minjeong then looked away and still keeping a smile on her face as she turned to the two girls in front of them. 

"That did not just happen!" Aeri exclaimed. 

 

 

... 

 

 

"So yeah, this is my office." 

Joohyun looks around and smiled. She's glad to know that Seungwan is doing well. Moreover that now she's doing something that she loves. 

"Would you like to drink anything?" Seungwan asked. 

"No, I... I just want to talk if its okay with you." 

Seungwan nodded and asked Joohyun to sit on the couch with her. 

"Is there... Something wrong?" Seungwan asked. 

"No. Nothing. I... I want to ask you something." 

"Oh. What is it?" Seungwan asked and gave her a smile. 

Joohyun paused as she observed Seungwan's face. Things has really changed now. She used to be able to read Seungwan easily but now she can't seem to do it anymore. Joohyun's heart ache thinking how much things has changed now. 

"Are you... I mean, how are you?" 

"Oh. I'm well, as you can see, I'm doing good." 

"I see." Joohyun nodded. 

"How about you?" Seungwan asked her back. 

Joohyun smiled and looked down. 

"Wish I could say the same." She said in a low voice. 

"Pardon?" 

"I... I missed you." 

Seungwan gulped and blinked her eyes. 

"Do you... Miss me too?" Joohyun asked while looking at Seungwan who refused to look at her now. 

"When... When you asked for a break up last time, do you really mean it?" Joohyun asked again when Seungwan was not answering. 

"I... I need to know." Joohyun whispered. 

"Does it matter now?" Seungwan asked. 

"To me, at least. Yes." 

"It's the best I could think of for us." 

"then are you happy now? Without me?" 

"..." 

"I need to know if it is really the best for you." 

"I am... Okay with my life now, Joohyun. You don't have to worry about me." Seungwan said. 

"Oh." 

Joohyun bit down her lip and took a deep breath. 

"If you're happy then... Okay." Joohyun said and stands up.

"Thank you, for willing to talk to me again."

"Yeah, sure." Seungwan stands up as well.

Joohyun looks at her and put on a sad smile which breaks Seungwan's fragile heart, again.

"Am I being selfish if I say this to you?" Joohyun asked.

"Say what?"

"That I was happier with you."

"..."

"I haven't got the chance to thank you properly. So, thank you, Seungwan ah. For all the times we've spent together, for all the love and care that you gave. I appreciate them all. I'm happy that you are happy now." Joohyun then bowed and left Seungwan there.

Seungwan looks at the door, thinking if she should go after her, if she should be honest with her. But ended up, she did not. She sat down and rubbed her face.

"Why? Why did you have to come back and mess with my head again?"

 

 

While on the other hand, Joohyun was walking alone outside. She has nowhere in mind. She just wanted to take a night walk after talking to Seungwan.

The thing was... No one knows how much she suffered after the break up. She hid her emotion well. She fooled everyone into believing that she was fine. When her friends found out that they broke up, they tried to bring her out as often as they can.

They tried to cheer her up to help her to forget. Some even tried to make a move on her. To try and be there for her.

The pain was too much that it numbed her. Her head was filled with Seungwan, Seungwan and Seungwan only. She tried to forget the pain and tried to be happy. Yes, she successfully fooled everyone but not herself. They might see that she seems to be moving on and doing well because that was what she let them see and believe.

She was laughing, she was smiling and she entertained them. But when her days end, when she came back home, alone in an empty apartment, coming home to no one, that's when she break down over and over again.

At night after hanging out, she would cry herself to sleep. She would collapse on the cold floor and cried for Seungwan. That's the only time that she let her walls crashed and her heart to burst and bleed. She cried until her chest hurts, until her tears dry.

She would lay down, staring at her phone, waiting for maybe a miracle to happen. Waiting for maybe, just maybe, Seungwan would call her and come back to her. She wanted to run into her arms again and tells her what she can fix to still be with her.

But when that happens, she always remembered how much pain Seungwan had showed her through her eyes and that she's the cause of it. Her heart hurt thinking that she's the reason why Seungwan is hurting.

People thought she moved on until now. Bold of them to assume that. The truth is... Joohyun never really does.

Joohyun sighs and looks up at the night sky with teary eyes.

"I wish I have the courage to tell you that I... I never stopped loving you."