New characters

The heartbreak

"So this is my cousin that I was telling you about."

Seungwan nodded and looked at the cute girl in front of her. Yerim's cousin.

"All right. Thanks Yerim. You can go back to work now." Seungwan said.

"Okay!"

Yerim then whispered goodluck to her cousin before leaving her with Seungwan.

"So, Yerim kept telling me that you can sing well."

"Ah. I can sing but not that great though."

"I see. You are still studying."

"Yes."

"Final year?"

"Yes to that too."

Seungwan smiled seeing how chill the girl was. She likes to have someone being comfortable around her. She doesn't like it when people feel awkward around her, it's making her feel uncomfortable too. 

"Which days do you think you can come to work to sing?" Seungwan asked.

"Hm. I'll be free at 7pm on Wednesday. I can also come on Saturday and Sunday, anytime. Well, unless if I have something urgent."

"Okay. That would be great. What do you think of coming in to sing for this Sunday then?"

"Really? I mean, yeah that would be fine with me."

"Good. Then you can start on Sunday! What should I call you by the way?"

"Minjeong. Just call me Minjeong."

Seungwan smiled and offered a handshake which Minjeong took gladly.

"Welcome to Queendom then, Minjeong. I cannot wait to hear you sing."

Minjeong giggled and thanked her.

 

 

... 

 

 

After few days, a group of friends were hanging around the campus garden. 

"So, are you guys coming for the party this Sunday?" a person asked.

"Jimin, are we going?"

Everyone then turned to the girl who was reading a book silently, waiting for her answer.

"Who's party?" She asked.

"Johnny."

"Hm. Will your other gang be joining also, Aeri?" Jimin asked her friend.

"Ning and Minjeong won't be joining. The others will be there." Aeri answered.

Jimin and Aeri studies same course and they shared same group of friends who are Yeji, Yuna, Chaeryeong, Lia and Ryujin. While Aeri just happened to be close to her other group of friends since she's close with Ning, her housemate. Ning's friends are Minjeong, Shuhua, Yuqi and Minnie. 

Aeri once introduced all of them to each other so sometimes they all greeted each other when they meet. 

They don't want to come?" Jimin asked Aeri again.

"I think Ning mentioned about going to accompany Minjeong to her part time job."

With that new information, Jimin raised her eyebrows. She is suddenly feeling curious. She hummed and closed her books. 

"Minjeong is doing a part time?"

"That's what Ning said." Aeri shrugged.

"Well, you guys can go. I don't think I will go to the party."

 

 

On Sunday, Jimin found herself standing outside the Queendom cafe. She asked Ning about it and asked her not to tell Minjeong that she will be there. 

Once she entered, she was surprised that the place was quite packed. She scanned the place before her eyes caught Ning's figure at the back.

"Hi Ning."

"Oh. Jimin, hi! Didn't expect that you would really come."

"Yeah."

Jimin took a sit opposite to Ning, back facing the stage.

"I've never been here." Jimin said and grabbed the menu.

"Me too. I think it's still new but I like the vibe." Ning said, sipping her drinks.

"Hmm."

"So, you usually never missed a party." Ning said, leaning closer on the table with a teasing grin on her face. Jimin just glanced at her shortly before looking down on the menu again.

"I just don't feel like going."

"Or is it because a certain friend of mine won't be there?"

Jimin sighs before flipping the menu pages.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jimin said.

"I'll pretend that I believe you." Ning said and laughed when Jimin shakes her head.

"Where is she?" Jimin asked.

"Why? Miss her?"

"I'm just asking where she is, Ning."

"She's talking to her boss at the office. She will be out soon."

"I see. What's her position here?"

"Oh she-"

Ning got cut off when she saw Seungwan coming out on the stage holding a mic which cause everyone to cheer. Jimin only turned around for a second before turning back to Ning.

"That's her boss." Ning said.

"Is it? She looks young."

"Yeah, she's still young."

"But why Minjeong is still not out?"

"Well..." Ning paused when she finally saw Minjeong coming out as soon as Seungwan mentioned that a new person will be singing for her customers tonight.

"I present to you our new singer here, Kim Minjeong!" Seungwan said and gave a round of applause with the customers for Minjeong.

Minjeong just smiled shyly before sitting on the stool in the middle of the stage and started to sing with the music started to play for her too. 

 

The birds that fly with the wind

They have no worries

Into the beautiful sun

They become a note

 

Jimin quickly turned around again and widened her eyes seeing Minjeong. 

 

Like a diary written with a scented pencil

I hid my heart

But there is a shoulder I can lean on

It won't get wet even when it rains

 

Jimin's face softened seeing Minjeong's shy smile as she sings. 

 

Forget the things of yesterday 

Everyone gets things slightly wrong

There's no such thing as a perfect person

Look at me, filled with mistakes and loneliness 

 

Feels like I've been born again

After I met you

From the moment you accepted 

My pitiful heart

 

Minjeong then bowed and thanked the customers for listening while Ning cheered out loud for her. Jimin only smiled and clapped her hands. 

"Okay, that was just a teaser. I just wanted to check how good is our new singer. Don't worry, you will get to hear her sing again from now on." Seungwan said and told the customers to enjoy their dinner.

Jimin saw Seungwan talked to Minjeong with smiles on their face as they get down from the stage.

"I didn't know that she can sing." Jimin said as she looked at Ning.

"Well Jimin, there are still a lot of things you haven't known about Minjeong." Ning winked.

"Niiiing!"

The two of them now looked at the excited Minjeong skipping towards them.

"Oh god, I was so nervous!"

"You did great, girl!"

Ning stands up to hug the girl in the same excitement. After pulling away, Minjeong looked at Jimin.

"Jimin?"

"Oh yeah, she's looking for you." Ning smirked and sitting down again.

"Looking for me? Why?" Minjeong asked and was about to sit down when she saw Seungwan was approaching.

"Boss!" Minjeong smiled and stepped closer.

"Stay for a while. You and your friends can order anything, it's in the house." Seungwan told her.

"Thank you, boss!" Minjeong bowed and Ning thanked her too while Jimin just nodded her head.

"Have a good night, girls." Seungwan said before excusing herself.

"Shall we order something and eat now?" Ning asked impatiently. Minjeong laughed and told her to order already.

Right on time, Yerim came to their table to greet Minjeong again.

"You did well, cuz."

"Thanks. Oh ya. Yerim, they are my friends Ning and Jimin."

"Hello girls."

Both Ning and Jimin said hello back to Yerim.

"So, I'll be the one who will take your orders." Yerim said.

"Oh! Hold on."

Since Yerim was blocking the way to the seat beside Ning so Minjeong just shrugged and sat beside Jimin instead and grabbed the menu which Jimin just let her.

"Are you not going to order anything?" Minjeong asked Jimin.

"It's okay, you can look at the menu first." Jimin said, smiling at her.

"Oh my god. They have this?!" Minjeong gasped when she saw her favourite food and Jimin just kept fondly staring at her.

Seeing the scene made Yerim to lean on Ning.

"Is there something going out with them?" She whispered.

"Think Jimin likes your cousin." Ning giggled quietly.

"Ooohh." Yerim smirked and nodded her head.