#9 Photoshoot

REVERSE ; Yu Yan x Zeng Keni

Beijing, China

                                                                                                                November, 2017

Yu Yan's POV.

After today's lessons at the university finished, I was on my way to the photoshoot. I didn't eat anything at all to look very slim on these photos and even if I haven't been feeling well for the past 3 days because of food deprivation and long cardio, I went there to give it my best and earn some money. I didn't plan to work there for long, only for a month probably, 'cause this wasn't the type of work I wanted to do.

Arriving at the main building of the JoinHall Media and telling the receptionist that I was here to see Mrs. Xiao Lu, the desk woman called her and told me to wait for her a few minutes at the lobby. As I sat there I got a text form Sharon to cheer me up and wish me good luck once again. Even Keni left me a note in the kitchen, writing me to have a good day and that she cheers for me.

"Hello Miss Yu Yan, sorry to keep you waiting. Shall we go?" Said the older woman as she greeted me with a handshake.

"Good afternoon, let's go then."

We entered a large room with a big screen on one side and cameras everywhere.

"We are shooting the November cover for our Xin Wei magazine today. Firstly this lady will take you to do your makeup and then our other staff will give you the outfits for you to wear. Do you have any experiences by any chance? When I looked at your social media, your poses looked very professional." Said Xiao Lu while she signalized the staff to get ready.

Shaking my head, I answered, "Not really... I just do whatever I feel like at the moment."

The young makeup artist did my make-up for an hour and at the same time her coworker did my hair. The ends of my hair were now blue and tangled in two braids and as for my makeup - the girl did a pretty good job actually. My eyes looked bigger and my nose thinner with a plenty of blush making my look complete.

I changed into a black blouse with flower patterns, combining it together with black skirt and black high boots.

"You look very beautiful Miss Yan. Let's get started." Mrs. Lu complimented me as I went on the scene. There was a red wall behind me and a piece of furniture in front of it. I did poses of every kind and after two hours, it was over.

Looking very pleased as she scenned the photos, Mrs. Xiao Lu smiled at me, "Good job today, I'm actually very satisfied with these results. This November issue will be released after a week so don't forget to check it out. I will be off then because I still have some more work to do. See you next time Miss Yu Yan."

Saying goodbyes with the other staff, I was on my way home when I called Sharon. "Hello, do you have some time? I wanna share my day with you."

The young girl agreed immediately, "Of course jiejie, shall we meet at the park?"

"Okay, see you in a bit."

As I was nearing the park, my belly started to hurt quite badly, giving me cramps in my empty stomach. I fell down, hugging my body as I was writhing in pain.

"Oh my god jiejie! What's wrong?" Called Sharon as she run to me, not knowing what to do. "Should I call an ambulance?"

"N- No... Just give me a minute, it will pass."

The young girl started crying as she tried her best to help me to overcome the pain. "Did you not eat enough? Did you overdo yourself? I told you to take care of your body!"

I lied there for a while until the pain stopped. Suddenly Sharon wrapped her arms around me as she continued to cry into my neck. "Please, don't be so hard on yourself."

Felling a little bad for scaring her, I kissed the top of her head as I was trying my best to comfort her. "I'm sorry... I won't do it again, still you are a bit overreacting I think."

She raised her head and as her eyes stared right into mine, "I'm not overreacting, you never know what can happen. Now promise me you will take care of your body more."

I smiled softly while reassuring her, "I promise."

We sat on our bench and I started to recount the photoshoot to her, she seemed very excited to know all the details. Talking for nearly three hours, the two of us decided to wrap it up today and go home. Sharon wanted to walk me to my apartment today, saying that she wants to be assured that I can get home okay.

Standing in front of the stairs to my house, the young girl gave me a sweet hug and another peck on my cheek.

"Are you going to kiss me every time we part ways?" I joked, petting her head in return.

She just nodded her head, "Yes."

Her eyes then looked past me as she raised her hand, "Hello Keni jiejie."

I turned around and spotted my landlord looking at us while waving her hand, "Hello you two."

The soft gaze she had on Sharon immediately hardened when it ended up on me, "I see that you two had a good fun today?"

"Yes we had," the younger girl chirped, "But Yu Yan jiejie isn't feeling well, can you look after her please? I think that she is not eating enough and overstrains herself..."

"I'm totally fine, don't worry about me."

Furrowing her eyebrows as the normally shining eyes pierced right through me, Sharon showed her bossy attitude as she argued "No, you are apparently not. You collapsed a while ago, so don't be so stubborn jiejie."

Keni then stepped closer, grabbed my hand and led me into the house as she said, "I will take care of her, bye Sharon."

I was taken aback by her a little inappropriate action towards the young girl, but I let it slide and just yelled bye.

When the door closed Keni sat me down on the stool and grabbed my face into her hands, "So Yan, why are you worrying your little girl?"

"You are not so little though." I joked, feeling quite uneasy as she had an unreadable expression on her face.

"You know that I meant Sharon."

"Why do you seem angry all of sudden?" I asked as I stood up, making Keni's hands on my face fall. "I think you are a bit jealous..."

The tall girl chuckled at my point of view, making her cross her arms in denial. "Then you think wrong. I'm perfectly happy with Kris."

"It was you who kissed me first though," I smirked and stepped closer as I continued, "Sharon likes me, should I go out with her?"

"...I mean, if you want to?"

Leaning closer to her, I could see the soft goosebumps appearing on her body, "Then, do you want me to?"

Keni's eyes fluttered shut as our faces were only inches apart and waited for my next step.

Placing the stuffed duck's lips against the anticipating girl's, I bursted out laughing like an idiot. "You are the one saying you don't like me but you still wait for my kiss."

Eyes now wide and open with a face red as a tomato from embarrassment, the tall girl punched me repeatedly as she yelled at me, "Yu Yan! You are such a tease!"

"You looked all serious before and now look at you, so cute." I still laughed, trying to stop her from hitting me any further.

"Shut up! What do you wanna eat?" She asked as she calmed down a little and stopped her assault.

"You." I said as I pecked her lips quickly, making her caught off guard.

"Oh my god Yanzi, this was so smooth that I wanna die." Laughed Keni, "But really, what do we have for a dinner tonight? Sharon told me to keep an eye on you."

"Are you really gonna watch me eat?" I asked her as I went to grab my apron.

Stealing the cloth form my hands, Keni put it over her head and tied it. "I do, so shut up and cut some vegetables."

"You don't look intimidating at all..." I said to her as I did as she told me.

"Yanzi, but are you really okay? I'm worried..."

I looked at her as I handed her the chopped ingredients, "If you are that worried then you should take care of me."

Ignoring me, Keni looked around, "Where is the soy sauce?"

"Here we can see who the actual cook at this household is..." I stated as I pointed at the right direction.

After the cooking session ended, Keni gave me a full plate of food, saying that I have to finish it. "You want me to be fat!" I argued, not really wanting to do as she said.

"Yu Yan, just eat and tell me about the photoshoot."

Sighing as I put a full spoon into my mouth, I began talking about the whole cover magazine thing, not leaving any details slide.

We talked for quite a while because Keni didn't allow me to escape until I really finished the whole plate.

Finally after doing the dishes, we sat on the couch and watched some movie together, then I felt Keni's hand on my stomach.

"Whoa Yanzi, you really all full."

Slapping her hand away as I protected my belly with a blanket, I scolded her, "Shut up, I'm watching the TV."

Chuckling, Keni started to lie down, "Let me use it as a fluffy pillow please."

"Fluffy my ..."

"By the way, where did the duck plushie come from?"

"It's my key ring."