C1: KNSU's Badminton Club

I Can Fly The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEAR 2021

 

In a typical day inside the campus of Korea National Sport University, or as the public coined them—KNSU, the students there would probably give at least one of these answers when asked about what they thought of the Badminton Club:

"They're cool I guess."

"Well, they seem like nice people... except for that one dude who always looks like he's about to come for you."

"All I know is they're all pretty hot, but other than that there's nothing much, I mean they are kinda irrelevant."

"Wait, we still had a badminton club?"

Notice how those answers range from bearable comments to downright insults.

You'd honestly think that the situation's already bad enough based from their words, but nothing could ever be worse than to have one of the members from the aforementioned club actually hear you.

Which is kind of what's happening right now.

"You got something to say there, huh? Come on, stop being a coward and come say it to our faces!"

"Oh my God, Kyungsoo get a hold of him!"

Kim Yerim just sighed in exasperation as she watched the drama unfold before her, the young girl even briefly thought about how concerning it already is because she just stood and watched there, accustomed to situations like this happening.

"Yeonjun-ah, do you happen to have some popcorn conveniently stored somewhere in your bag?" She asked her taller, same-aged friend casually standing beside her.

Choi Yeonjun, who was actually sharing Yerim's internal sentiments, shook his head in disappointment, "Unfortunately, I don't but I'll keep that in mind for whenever this happens again."

"Great thinking." Yerim grinned and raised a fist to initiate a fist bump, which the boy immediately returned with an identical smile.

The two then turned to watch the situation at hand.

Yerim and Yeonjun both tried to suppress their laughs at the sight of Do Kyungsoo and Park Jimin trying to hold back a furious Byun Baekhyun, meanwhile their poor senior Son Seungwan repeatedly bowed at the shocked students—the ones who badmouthed them earlier to be specific—like there's no tomorrow, accompanied by profusely uttered apologies.

"I'm very sorry for his behavior, you guys can go on your days now." Seungwan stepped up in front to try and block them from receiving any more of Baekhyun's challenging glares, and gave them a sheepish smile but it immediately disappeared as soon as her fellow third-year continued to explode again.

"We're not irrelevant and if you still have two functioning eyes, I bet you can see that our club still exists! And plus we still win games unlike you losers!"

"Yah! Calm down!" The blonde badminton player reprimanded her friend after taking note of the frozen players' speechless states, players from the soccer team to be exact based on their jackets. She internally sighed, why did it have to be the soccer players of all people? It didn't help that she was starting to notice a good handful of students gathering around them too.

Great, just great.

"No don't listen to her, kick his !"

"Yeah, punch them hyung!"

Seungwan's eyes almost popped out of her sockets as she swiftly turned towards the two second-years' direction. There she found both Yerim and Yeonjun standing there like their senior wasn't totally in the middle of furiously chewing some freshmen out, one hand in their pockets and the other holding their rackets which were nonchalantly resting on their shoulders.

Seungwan had to roll her eyes, "Not helping, guys!"

"Baek, seriously stop it! We still need to go to practice." Jimin attempted to pacify his angered friend, meanwhile Kyungsoo on the side wordlessly shooed the soccer players away, and thankfully the two were able to eventually pull themselves out of their own stupor and had the mind to immediately flee the scene.

Now that the three freshmen were finally gone from their sights, they all used this opportunity to drag the now calmer Baekhyun away from the small crowd and into the direction of the gymnasium with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter