C2: A Rowdy Bunch

I Can Fly The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though they had easily defeated Yonsei University a few hours prior, volleyball was still volleyball.

It never gets less tiring especially when it requires strong athleticism and for you to run around the whole court just to keep the ball from touching the ground. So still fresh from a tiresome match one would think that KNSU's female volleyball team would take this free time given to them as a chance to rest their aching muscles and catch their breaths.

"Damn you middle blockers and your heights!"

But it wasn't the case for most of them.

With her back turned from the rest of the team, Joohyun only sighed in exasperation as she heard Kim Dahyun's desperate attempts at jumping and grabbing the ball from a mischievously grinning Park Sooyoung.

Her team really doesn't disappoint, she should have expected that they would never run out of adrenaline even after stepping inside their university's own gym. Joohyun would think that it's because of the results of the match, because of the sweet pride swelling in their chests after once again taking home another victory though it was only a small practice match, but she was wiser than that, she knew that most of her teammates were simply just stamina monsters.

Emphasis on most because she excluded her own self at the moment, and maybe their team's setter Kim Jennie and outside hitter Im Nayeon too, who were slouched on the seats to her right.

"God, aren't they tired?" Jennie mumbled as she massaged her own shoulders.

"I know right? I mean how much coffee did they consume today?" Nayeon wondered out loud as she watched the two chase each other.

Though they are from the same year, Sooyoung would still probably jest that it was a showing sign of their 'old age', but fortunately for them (and unfortunately for their libero) it seems that her target right now is Dahyun, who was still chasing the long-legged Sooyoung up to this moment by the way. Joohyun was the one getting tired for her, and plus she shared her pain of having a shorter stature compared to the others so she couldn't help but release a groan.

"Middle blockers you better stop that or you're doing a hundred serves later!"

Joohyun yelped in surprise when she suddenly felt a rush of wind to her left, and when she turned her head to check what it was after her momentary shock, she was met with the frowning face of Park Chaeyoung—their team's other middle blocker apart from Sooyoung and a first-year substitute named Yuna. It turns out Chaeyoung whipped her head so fast that her hair even created wind.

"Cap, I'm not even doing anything." Chaeyoung said with a tilted head.

And true to her words, the unsuspecting girl was only eating her gigantic sandwich in peace, and Joohyun upon now having her body angled so that she was facing Chaeyoung, only stared at the amount of food surrounding her.

How the tall middle blocker is still able to keep her figure even after eating food in big portions all the time, Joohyun doesn't know, it was beyond her.

But back to the situation at hand.

"Oh sorry, Chae." Joohyun shot her a sheepish smile, "I wasn't looking so I thought you were teasing Dahyun too."

"Oh please unnie, I'm too hungry to do that right now." Chaeyoung chuckled with puffed cheeks, causing the older girl to mirror her actions.

"I figured, and I'm surprised Momo's not joining you." Joohyun playfully gestured towards her food, and continued to laugh when a bright shade of pink dusted Chaeyoung's cheeks in embarrassment, suddenly getting shy because she must have looked like she was eating too well again.

Meanwhile the aforementioned Hirai Momo, Nayeon's fellow outside hitter who was also seated nearby gave them an offended face, "Hey, I don't eat that much."

"Lies, Mo." The outside hitter looked up from her position on the floor when another approaching voice spoke up. It was Minatozaki Sana, another one of their setters who was currently waving her phone in excitement.

"What's that for?"

Sana hummed cheerfully at the captain's question, "It was too funny! The situation was practically begging me to take a video."

Oh right, poor Dahyun was still getting teased by the evil middle blocker.

"I forgot that Chaeyoung here probably just wanted to eat more than anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter