Seven

Sour Grapes and Sweet Lemons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong was never a morning person. During weekdays, she would usually set up four alarms with five-minute intervals each. The first three alarms are usually just warm-ups for her, to slowly get her body to awaken. She was never fully awake yet during the first few alarms. The fourth and final alarm is her last chance to get herself up and rise. In other words, she almost always gets up on the fourth alarm, because she could never get up during the first alarm.

During weekends, she wouldn't bother setting an alarm, and would usually just rely on her body clock to wake itself up- which would usually be almost noon. She doesn't bother because she was lucky enough not to have any subjects scheduled during the weekends. Minjeong could just sleep as long as she wanted, until she's forced to get up because she couldn't take the hunger anymore.

However, a loud scream caused the blonde to jolt awake immediately- more effective than any other alarm she had ever set in her entire life. Her torso jolted to turn her body towards the left, which was where the source of the noise just came from. 

Oh Minjeong was awake, all right. Every cell, every fiber of her being is wide awake, and the adrenaline she currently had could have been enough for her to jog all the way to her school and back, without even pausing to breathe even for one second. It took her about three whole seconds before everything that just happened (and is currently happening) finally registered and settled in her fried brain.

"Minjeong?"

"J-Jimin.."

"Where.. why am I...?" Her long hair was tousled, and her eyes were wide open, but she was still very much recognizable in first glance. The raven-haired girl slightly pushed herself to sit up, causing the covers to slip a bit. She caught it just in time before truly slipping down when she felt it on her torso. Slightly lifting the edge to take a peek at herself underneath, she gasped as her eyes widened, immediately pulling the covers back down closer to her body.

"Jimin, I c-can explain!"

"D-did we.... did something... did we have s--?"

"No! N-no! I can explain!" Minjeong pushed herself to sit up fully, while being careful not to pull the covers too much. "I was supposed to get you home to your place, but I didn't know the password, and you weren't responding well when I was asking you, so I knocked, hoping someone would answer the door, but it seems like no one was home in your apartment, so I had no choice but to take you home with me."

"My clothes..."

"I noticed that your clothes were beer-stained so I removed them for you but I did so with the lights off so I didn't see anything!" The blonde took a few deep breaths after trying her best to summarize everything despite being shaken and put on the spot.

"So nothing happened between us?"

"Nothing! Nothing at all, I swear!"

Minjeong believed that Jimin and her stared at each other in complete silence for five whole seconds. She was contemplating what to say in case Jimin asked another question for her. She was on very thin ice, and this could very much end pretty ugly if she wasn't careful about what to say. Her thoughts were however interrupted when it was broken by the raven-haired girl.

"Oh. That's too bad."

"Yeah, exac-- wait, what??"

Jimin's tensed arms relaxed, her eyelids fluttering into a close. "I appreciate you being such a gentlewoman, Minjeong." Her eyes slowly opened, meeting the blonde's eyes. "But I'll let you know that I wouldn't mind if something ever happens between us"

"W-what are you-- you're... What are you t-talking ab--? Y-you're just kidding, right?" 

Two seconds passed before Jimin bursted out in laughter.

"Oh Minjeong, you're so cute!" She continued laughing, as the former was feeling incredibly flustered.  "Your face is so red!" 

The blonde gripped the sheets, mind completely wiped blank yet again, courtesy of Jimin. The former sat there silently, helplessly just watching the latter feast at the sight of her tomato-colored face.

"Minjeong, you're--" 

Jimin suddenly halted, and before Minjeong could ask what caused her to act that way, Jimin's right hand went from her stomach to , followed by her left hand. Her back was hunching over, and it took Minjeong one more second before she recognized and finally understood what was about to happen.

"Woah woah, wait!" With one swift movement, she lifted the covers to the side and hopped off the side of her bed. She immediately dashed around the other side, picking up the bucket she left just beside the bedside table. Minjeong held it up just in time before Jimin finally removed her hands clasping shut to grasp around the rim of the bucket instead.

Minjeong didn't look, but she could hear the sound of liquid hitting the bottom of the bucket. She carefully held Jimin's hair out of the way, tucking them behind her ears, and holding them in that position while the girl continued to ralph into the bucket. Her right hand automatically moved to rub Jimin's back, but she immediately withdrew her hand once she realized that she was touching her .

The blonde decided to hold the covers up instead, and wrap it around the other girl while she did her thing.

When she noticed that the raven-haired girl has reduced to just taking deep breaths, she took the liberty of taking the bucket away. She headed towards the toilet and flushed the remains down, not forgetting to grab some wipes and tissues from her medicine cabinet before going back out. 

"Here." She unsealed the packet of wipes before she offered it to Jimin. The latter took one and wiped it around her lips. She took another one and started wiping her fingers. Minjeong turned towards her bedside table, and took the untouched glass of water she had prepared for Jimin since last night. 

"Here. Drink some water first." 

Minjeong watched as Jimin took a few sips of water.

"Thank you." Jimin looked up at her as she handed the glass back, but just as Minjeong was about to reach for it, her eyes caught sight of the covers which were slowly slipping down the raven-haired girl's torso, until they pooled on her waist. The blonde's eyes widened before she immediately forced herself to look away, embarrassed.

"Minjeong?" The said girl heard the other girl say, probably wondering why she still wasn't getting the glass of water back from her.  She was aware that Jimin was looking at her at this very moment, and she didn't want to be caught flustered again.

"W-wait a sec.", she turned around. "Uhh.. y-you can put the glass of water back down on the bedside table." Minjeong started walking towards her closet. She heard a faint sound of what she assumed was the glass of water being placed on the bedside table, as she rummaged through her pile of clothes.

She pulled on one from near the bottom of the pile, holding it up for her to see the size. It was a hoodie. It was big and loose enough for her. Minjeong turned the hoodie over, and internally groaned. She wanted to dig in her pile again, but It's not like she had any more time to choose another; she didn't want the other girl to get cold.

Minjeong grabbed a pair of sweat pants from the top of another pile, before she started walking back towards Jimin. The former's eyes were on the hoodie the whole time, pretending to inspect it more, just so she wouldn't have to look at the other girl.

"H-here, wear these for now. I hope this hoodie fits you." Her peripherals caught Jimin's hands taking the hoodie and the sweat pants from her. Jimin held the hoodie up to see for herself. She heard a giggle, and she was silently praying she won't get teased for it.

"Minjeong."

"Yeah?" The blonde looked up, momentarily forgetting her silent mission of not looking at Jimin while she wasn't dressed yet. She looked away immediately.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" 

"Well..."

"It's not like you haven't seen it yet last night."

"I told you I didn't see anything because I turned the lights off!"

"So... are you starting to regret turning the lights off last night when you did it?"

"Get dressed!" She grabbed Jimin's clothes from yesterday, and speedwalked as she exited the room, with Jimin's faint chuckle fading with every step she took. No way was she going to let the other girl catch her with her face as red as a tomato again.

No freaking way.

Minjeong stuffed the other girl's clothes inside the washing machine, then leaned back against the wall. She suddenly remembered that no one else knew Jimin was in her apartment at this very moment, except Yizhuo, and Minjeong thought they should let Jimin's parents or whoever Jimin lived with know that she was here with her.

"Jimin?", she called out while peeking her head outside the laundry room.

No answer.

"Jimiiin" She called the other girl's name again, louder this time. 

Still no answer.

Minjeong started walking back towards her bedroom. "Jimin?", she called out again for third time. As she entered, she saw her still sitting on the bed, again holding the bucket while hurling a new batch of eject.

Minjeong dashed towards her and sat beside her. "Hey, are you okay?" She was now freely able to rub Jimin's back since the latter has already worn the clothes she lent her.

Now that the adrenaline from how her day started has worn off, Jimin could already feel her temples aching, and her vision blurry.

Minjeong noticed that the other girl could barely answer her, and was just occupied with her left hand holding the bucket, and with her right hand rubbing her temples. Now she was really starting to worry. 

When it seemed like the other girl was already done, Minjeong took the liberty of placing the bucket back down, and just like earlier, handed her a glass of water to drink.

"How are you feeling?" The blonde asked as soon as she set the glass of water back down on the bedside table, her eyes never leaving Jimin.

"My... head hurts."  

"Alright, I'll go get you medicine for your headache, but you'll have to eat first. I'm gonna make breakfast quickly." Minjeong pushed herself up to stand.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter