Chapter 2

His and Her Rules

Minho was sitting at the far corner of TC Bar with his friend: Woo Dohwan, the youngest member of the Woo Clan which owns the most prestigious museum all over South Korea. Kim Heechul is one of the top celebrities in the Korean Industry. Jung Ill Woo, the heir of the Samsung enterprise. All of them have been friends ever since their childhood. They are like the F4 of their generation. They decided to meet at TC Bar, the most highly recommended bar by the rich, after not seeing for two weeks because of their busy schedule. 

"So how's your trip in London this week with Jenna Chu?" Ill Woo asked curiously while smiling at Minho

Minho just looked at them wildly rolling his eyes, "It wasn't even a trip. I was there for a vacation and coincidentally she was there ruining my whole trip. My parents sold me out."

They all laughed at Minho's ranting. "Didn't you guys do anything fun? You two were the top searches last week. There are even an article that says, 'LEE Corporation's heir, Lee Minho and Jenna Chu, Heir of Chu Apparels are enjoying their vacation in London before getting married' Don't you know how many texts and calls I received from my close friends and not so close friends." Heechul announces with the most annoying tone.

"SAME!" Illwoo and Dowhan agree in unison 

Lee Minho groans, "No! we did not do anything. She's like this dog who keeps following me wherever I go. If I did not know any better, my parents sold me out to have a strong relationship with the Chu Family. You guys know that they would do everything for the growth of the business" 

And like always they agreed 

"You cannot change the fact that she is beautiful and smart like you," Dowhan revealed

"That is true, you guys were best of friends during your childhood." Illwoo add

"That was a long time ago. She ruined our friendship and she broke my trust, and now she wants to be my fiancee? not in a million years that would happen." Minho explained to them.

Jenna Chu and Minho were best friends ever since they were in childhood. They were the only child on their street and as they grow up they become closer together, their parents even thought that they would end up together. However, one day Minho learned that she was only befriending him because of his richness and to obtain the spotlight. At a young age, people envy Minho and as a result, she uses him to have that fame and privilege, and at that moment the trust that he had for her was nowhere to be found. 

Dara came up to the DJ booth to start the music and loud cheers were heard at the bar. Heechul looked out to see what the commotion was while holding a beer in his hand. " YAH YAH YAH!!!" Heechul said and looked at his friends 

"Don't you think the DJ is kinda hot and good-looking?" Heechul added and this caught the attention of his friends who looked at the DJ booth. As they saw DARA they all nodded in agreement. 

"So that was the famous DJ they were all talking about" Dowhan pinched in, "I heard that she's the best of the best that's why this is a hot spot, but also because she's a natural beauty."  

"Wanna play a bet?" Heechul said

The 4 of them play a bet every time they saw something or someone that interests them and this time Dara was their interest. The bet is simple but extreme they would play rock, paper, and scissors and whoever losses must follow the conditions and dare by the other 3 winners. If the losser completes all the dares he will be granted one wish by each of the winners, but if the loser failed one or two or all the three dares then the loser must give the things that the 3 winners wish All four of them started playing, the first round was tied, the second round Heechul won with 1 scissors vs 3 papers, third round Illwoo won with 1 paper and 2 rocks, the fourth one was tied and the 5th round Dowhan won with scissors and Minho with paper. The three winners looked relieved and happy and contented, they were also laughing their asses off at Minho. Minho just looked at the 3 of them laughing at him with the thought "How come I become friends with these people?" 

"Okay that settled then" Heechul smiling after laughing so hard

"What's the bet?" Minho asked although he already knows what they were thinking.

"First make her fall in love with you," Dowhan replied

"Then break her to pieces " Illwoo add

"And let her meet your parents, however, you know that there are conditions in this game" Heechul added

"Conditions are: Do it within 5 months, Don't ever fall in love with her, and lastly you should never and we mean like never say anything to your parents or her about it." The 3 of them said one by one

Minho looked at them as if that's all, "Deal within 5 months you will see that DJ crying" Minho looked at his 3 friends and then at Dara smiling and enjoying. Illwoo, Dowhan, and Heechul looked at each other with a pleasing looks. As they expected, ever since the bet become famous within their friendship circle Minho always won they even dubbed him the "Cold-Hearted Guy" 

Throughout the night they watched Dara DJing while everyone danced like it was their last; It was a night of endless cheering. Minho has to admit that she's pretty and got talent but that won't hinder him from doing the bet.  It was almost time for Dara's last song when he got up from their table which the others look puzzled about and went to the DJ booth. He caught people looking at him and taking photos as they recognize it was Lee Minho, the heir to all the richness of the Lee Corporation and others.  

He was standing in front of Dara and Dara looked at him puzzled. He motion her to get closer and as she did he kissed her on the cheeks which caused a commotion. Dara retrieve herself and looked at him. She mumbled something but due to the commotions at the back, he did not hear it. He looked at his friends in the far corner with a smirk. He saw them standing up and clapping their hands. He did not look at Dara and continued his way out of the bar...

He was in his Bugatti La Voiture Noire car when a call from his mother showed up on his phone.

"Hello" Minho answered

"Come to the house right now" His mother replied

"Why?" He answered with an annoying tone

"Your grandfather is here. He needs to talk to you."

"I'll be there" Minho answered not having much of a choice. Whenever it was his grandfather that wanted to see him he cannot say no, because he would freeze all of his accounts. For sure his grandfather would talk all about business and about Minho taking over the corporation.

He arrived at his semi-palace house in Gangnam and was greeted by heavily armed guards who quickly opened the door. Bodyguards in black suits can be seen roaming around. A butler greeted him and said, "Master your grandfather, father, and mother are waiting for you in the living room."  Minho just nodded.

He went to the living room and saw the three of them sitting on the cushion.

"You here sit down," His grandfather said and Minho gladly followed his order. 

"What's up grandpa?" Minho said looking at his grandfather ready to hear something about business

"What's up? I saw you partying at some bar and you're telling me what's up?" His grandfather said with a furious tone, Minho bite his lip. He thought that they would know about it tomorrow but within an hour damn that's a new record. 

"Do you know your pictures are all over the internet? I have to call all of our legal teams to put your damn pictures down on the internet! and on top of that you kissed some low-class girl" His father let out a furious tone and pointed at him.

Minho looked at his mom to back him up but now he is all alone 

"Sorry" Minho simply replied 

"Sorry? You keep acting like these since-" his father added but Minho's mother stopped him. 

Minho averted his gaze away from his father, he knows what his father was trying to say.

"Minho this will be your last warning. If you don't pull yourself together this time around, I will disown you as my grandchild. Not even a cent of my money that I worked hard for  will go to your bank account!" His grandfather stand up and went out of the house angrily.

"Son, fix your mess" His father added and left

Lee Minho felt the hand of his mother rubbing his back. To be honest, Minho does not care about being disowned by the most powerful and influential man in the world, the thing that hurt him the most is his father did not say anything that can protect him, or hear his point of view. 

"They are still the same" he mumbled, "Why did they never question themselves, why I'm being like this? They never once in my lifetime asked me if I was okay. They prevent me to grieve because I should look strong in front of everyone! Why." Minho burst out crying and his mom looked at him a teary-eyed, and let him let it all out.