Chapter 4

His and Her Rules

Dara wanted to buy food at the convenience store, but when she opened the front door flashes of Cameras greeted her. Good thing she was fully covered from head to toe. With a mask and a hoodie. She was confused as to what was going on and completely clueless about how to react. 

"What the hell is going on," She asked herself as she continue to push herself from the crowd. This made everything worst as reporters asked questions altogether and were hard to comprehend, moreover, people were shouting in both of her ears. However, she picked up some lines such as, "Are you in a relationship with Lee Minho?" and "Who are you?" As if her ear wasn't on the verge of bleeding out, people started throwing stuff at her - note that these people don't even know her. They threw various things such as eggs and flour. Dara put his hands near his face to avoid stuff hitting her face. This continued for a long time until she found her moment to escape and run for her life. Dara ran for her life like it was the last run of her life. 

"Is this an early exercise or what?" she mumbled. She then went to a narrow ally and hid. She stared there for a long time. She looked at her house covered in flour and eggs. "What is wrong with people, such a waste of ingredients. They should know that this could make tons of pancakes" Dara said to herself as she wiped the excess flour and eggs throughout her body. 

RING RING RING RING

Dara heard her phone buzz in her pocket. She wiped her hands and grabbed her phone. She saw Minzy's caller id and answered the call. 

"Unnie, where are you?" Minzy asked in a worried tone and this made Dara nervous. 

"Oh, I'm on my way to the convenience store to buy some food. Why?" Dara said not wanting to say anything about what happened to avoid causing Minzy to worry

"Don't lie, I know what happened. Your face is all over the internet. You a hot topic all over South Korea right now. Where are you? I'm picking you up." Minzy said in a motherly tone.

"I'm near the Brainstorm cafe, at the narrow alley- hiding," Dara answered truthfully since there is no point in hiding it from her.

Minzy sighed and replied, "Okay, stay where you are. I'm coming. I'll bring you some clothes that you can wear." Minzy then ended the call. 

While waiting for Minzy, Dara received various text messages from CL and BOM with all caps: "ARE YOU OKAY?!!!!!" " WHERE ARE YOU!!!" "YAH PARK SANDARA ANSWER" "ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?" "UNNIE PICK UP YOUR PHONE" 

The last thing Dara wants to hear right now is them yelling and worrying at the same time. She opened her WeChat acc and went to their group chat titled "2NE1" - It was a funny name to call their GC like that since it looks so childish. CL picked the name and the rest agreed except for Dara since she thought it was too simple. In the end, they voted and unsurprisingly she lost the vote to 3:1. 

So Dara opened the group chat and started typing, "Don't worry. I'm safe and alive. I'm not picking up your calls right now cause people might hear your guys shouting over the phone. LMAO. Minzy will pick me up, so rest assured. Let's meet at Minzy's house later." Dara ended her text and went straight to Naver. She was shocked as her picture was the first one she sees. Due to shock she almost dropped her phone. 

She opened one article that says:

BREAKING NEWS: THE GIRL THAT STOLE THE HEIR OF LEE CORP.

"After multiple sources and pictures had confirmed that it was indeed the Heir of the LEE CORP. Lee Minho in the picture kissing a DJ, everyone had mixed emotions. A few days ago a source leaked an image of Lee Minho giving a kiss on the cheeks to a famous DJ. This DJ is said to be the number-one DJ at TC Bar. A lot of customers go to this famous bar just to have a glimpse of this youthful DJ. It was not a shock to all that Minho will eventually find the woman of his dreams after a long battle of rumours, although these rumours weren't confirmed or denied by the side of Lee. People thought that this was only one of those rumours as well, and such actions could be a friendly gesture commented on by one netizen. However, these rumours are confirmed to be true, when Madam Lee, the mother of Minho, is seen entering the Dj's house and coming back with a smile on her face. Could this be true? Stay tuned for more updates!"

Dara finished reading the article and feels like her privacy was instantly publicized without her consent. Her pictures, the name of the bar, the picture of her house. For Dara this was a lot for her to take in, it feels like yesterday she was a woman that the world doesn't know of and now her life is public. Due also to her complete curiosity, she went down to the comment sections that were having log issues to the number of people commenting. Some were awful and some were nice. 

Comment:

"Who is she?"

"Visual couple ig" 

"Who does she think she is?!"

"Imma kill this ! Out of all the men in your country, you choose my guy!"

"WTF, she ain't that pretty. She probably got plastic surgery to hide her dirty little face."

"Guys! don't be a fool with that face of hers, I heard she got plastic surgery."

"She's really pretty. She can be an idol"

"No matter what, I will support your relationship!" 

Dara was beyond speechless, "Surgery? Just because I have the face doesn't mean I had surgery" Dara almost yelled at her phone. 

She was furious good thing Minzy showed up in time before Dara could smash her phone to the ground and break it into millions of pieces. 

"Unnie" Minzy called. 

Dara looked to her right and saw Minzy with a paper bag in her hand. Minzy ran up to her and saw how Dara was covered in complete eggs and flour. Minzy stand in front of Dara and dropped the paper bag down and put both of her hands on Dara's shoulders.

Shocked, "Unnie, what the heck. This is worst than what I expected it to be." Minzy explained. She immediately picked up the paper bag and give it immediately to Dara.

"Here I brought you some clothes, go and change at the Brainstorm Cafe. Don't worry I came from there and it wasn't crowded as usual." Minzy explained. Dara sighed and went to the washroom at Brainstorm Cafe to change. While going inside she saw some eyes on her, maybe because she was in a complete mess, good thing that Minzy was following her and waiting for her outside the washroom door. 

Dara change her clothes and wore a black hat and a mask, at this point Dara thought that no one could ever recognize her.

"Unnie? are you done?" Minzy asked Dara 

"Oh," Dara replied and went outside with the paper bag with her dirty clothes on it.

"Minzy, thank you for these. I don't know what to do without you." Dara said to Minzy giving her a big hug. 

Minzy returned the hug. Once they broke free Ninzy looked at Dara and said, "Care to explain what happened?" 

"Let's go to your house first and I will explain everything there. I'm sure CL and Bom are already there." Minzy just nodded and they grabbed a taxi and went to Minzy's house.

@Minzy's place

When Minzy and Dara arrived they saw CL and Bom standing in front of Minzy's house. 

"Unnie" Minzy called out and both ladies turned around and went to them.

"Yah you scared us to death?!" Bom said hitting Dara

"Owh!!" Dara cried in pain

"Unnie what happened? We were so worried about you!" CL blurted out.

"Okay.. okay... I'm sorry I did not call you and text you, but I will tell you guys everything can we please go inside."  Dara looked at the three girls in front of her and they all decided to sit in the living room of Minzy's house. 

Dara saw all three of their eyes fixed on her, and this made Dara a little bit uncomfortable, she saw the eagerness in their eyes just to hear what happened. 

"So... just like you guys I was also scared of my current situation. My face is all over the internet and so is my private life. It feels like my world is being publicized without my consent. Remember the day that this random dude kissed my cheeks? I never thought that he was a big shot in this country. You guys know how I'm always the last one to know what was happening to the world. I did not know who he is and nor did I care. I was about to shrug everything off after that night, but then say I walked up from a loud knocking at my door. I don't want to answer it because I was so tired to get out of bed, but then it keeps on persisting thus I opened the door. When I opened the door I feel like I was in a movie since there was a lot of guy surrounding my house and people were looking at me, and I bet they thought I deal with drugs. I let them in my house for some reason. It turns out they are all working for that jerk. The woman that you guys saw on the internet was the mom of that jerk and I only found it through the news. I promise I did not know who she is, she just introduced herself as the "secretary" and my stupid believed that. This woman offered me a huge sum of money..."

Dara was interrupted when the other 3 said in unison, "How much?"

Dara giggled and replied with honesty

"It was a lot of money that I can say."

"Did you accept the money?" 

"of course not! I don't look like a gold digger. Just because they are rich they cannot persuade me in taking that money, besides I have pride and dignity I have to uphold, and by the way can I continue my story aside from y'all asking too many questions?  Like I said that woman or Madam Lee should I call offered a huge amount of money, but I refused to accept it. While waiting for Minzy I figured out that the 'secretary' was that rich jerk good for nothing's mom. I don't know why people are angry at me when it wasn't even my fault." Dara finishes off with a frustrated tone.

"Unnie you should speak about this to the press to prove your innocence." Minzy stated looking at Dara and the rest agreed 

"I won't. Besides I promised them that I won't say something to the press about it. And to compare my words against theirs I'm at a huge disadvantage. They have money any time they can switch the things that I say about them." Dara reasoned with them. 

"Then if that is the case, what are you planning to do? because looking at your situation now you are totally at your disadvantage." Bom asked

"That is right Unnie. They are doing a background check on you. The media releases stuff about your personal life. This is a breaching of privacy." CL added

At that moment her phone ranged. She look at her phone and an unknown number showed up. 

Dara picked it up "Hello?"

"Is this Dara Park?"

"May I know who this is?"

"Lee Minho"

-----------------------

Minho and his friends were playing tennis with the tennis training aid when Heechul notice something odd about Minho. Minho was usually competitive - he wants to win all the time, but this time his level of competitiveness increased significantly. Heechul stopped playing and called Dowhan. 

"Did you know what happened to him?" Heechul asked Dowhan with curiosity.

"Well, I heard he got scolded by his dad and grandfather, because of what happened at the bar. I also heard that his father almost brought up Suzy" Dowhan sighed and Heechul instantly looked at him 

"Suzy? are we thinking the same Suzy or a different one?" Heechul asked and Dowhan just looked at him

"Do you know any woman named Suzy that we don't know" Dowhan proclaimed 

"Pfffff. Why bring her up? Minho is already starting to forget her." Dowhan looked at Heechul with a death glare 

"Are you crazy? If that happened to you and to the person you love the most, do you think you can easily be moved on? We all know that Minho is still adjusting. These past years weren't easy for him. The last thing we want him to do is to commit suicide got it." Dowhan then returned to his place and continued playing. Heechul just sighed and went back as well. 

Minho was covered in sweat, he look like someone just splashed him with water. It's already been an hour and a half since he started playing without taking any breaks. 

Heechul and Dowhan grabbed some water from their respective bags, and while drinking Heechul looked at Minho, "Yah, Lee Minho are you even considering having some water first?" Heechul shouted and as if he was talking to the wall Minho did not answer. 

"Yah!" Heechul shouted again

"Let him be, for sure he will come around," Dowhan said finishing his water. 

"Minho-ah! Heechul and I will be going first, I have an early flight tomorrow and Heechul has an early schedule. Illwoo won't be coming he's stuck in a meeting. Don't exhaust yourself too much." Dowhan shouted at Minho and motioned Heechul to go home. 

When they were gone and not in sight, Minho stopped playing. He grasp for breath and sat down. He was tired, his whole body aching from pain. He heard them saying goodbyes and their concerns, but Minho decided to not associate with them at the moment. This is for him to get off of things in his mind. He grabs his water and jugs it down in one sip.

Ring Ring Ring

He looked at his phone while sitting on the bench and saw his mom's name pop off the screen. He grab his phone and answered the call.

"What" Minho answered 

"Your trending right now... again" 

"Mom, I don't care. Everything I do is always on the news." 

"But this one is different... Have you seen people attacking the poor girl that you kissed at the bar?" 

"So? her getting hate is not my problem." 

"It may not be your problem but your reputation is getting ruined every minute. If you want to acquire the company then act as you want it, and present a good image to your grandfather and father." His mom then ended the call. Minho just sighed and throw his phone to the side. After a while of silence, he grabbed his phone and texted someone. He then received a text with an unknown number and he started calling it. 

"Hello?" the voice on the other side said 

"Is this Dara Park?" Minho questioned

"May I know who this is?" taking her answer as a yes he introduced himself.

"Lee Minho."