Ch7

never as it seems

Minji was lucky she was on a break. No new projects lined up for her, no new music. It was the perfect time to go underground and disappear from the limelight for a bit.

 

Hiding out at the hotel seemed the most plausible, that way she could escape from the people who knew where she lived, crazy fans and managers alike. 

 

It had already been weeks since Siyeon and Bora skipped town, with no word from either, but it didn’t worry Minji. Or at least she triedto not let it. Those two were very capable of taking care of themselves. 

 

Gahyeon was gone as quick as she got here, not even saying a farewell to Minji or Yubin. They suspect she’s gone to report to The Society about her findings, whatever that may be. She prays that it’s nothing about Yoohyeon. Even though she has a pretty bad feeling…

 

Speaking of Yoohyeon.

 

Minji was watching her and Handong bickering behind the front desk from the hotel’s mezzanine. She wasn’t hiding at all, but they were too immersed in their conversation to notice her lurking. 

 

Wow. Yoohyeon has no idea just how important she is. 

 

“Are you just going to stand there or will you be joining us like usual?” Minji snapped out of stupor at Yoohyeon’s voice suddenly booming through the hotel lobby. She could see the other girl rolling her eyes from afar. 

 

Minji smiled. “Of course I will be joining.” 

 

~

 

Yoohyeon’s life truly revolved around the hotel. Not like there was anything else going for her in any aspect life had to offer. She was such a plain person, one who just lives a mundane life like a secondary character to the main. 

 

The main character in her story: Kim Minji. 

 

Sometimes she would wonder what the star’s story was, if it was as extravagant as Yoohyeon thought, or if it was all a lie. It would be far more interesting if it was the latter. What a better twist in the story if the main character wasn’t who you thought they were?

 

What she means is, Yoohyeon has an odd sense that something greater is out there, about to happen, reaching out for her before she gets a chance to run. 

 

~

 

“I don’t like the idea of her out in the open ready for anybody to snatch her.” 

 

Yubin scoffed at Minji, fed up with her endless concerns about Yoohyeon. If she didn’t know any better, she would think Minji was… “Handong is far more capable than you think. Besides, what else is she supposed to do? We can’t tell her anything.” 

 

“Get her fired! That way she won’t have to go out to work!”

 

“Trust me, she’s safer in that hotel than anywhere else in the world.” 

 

Minji reeled in her emotions, realizing just how irrational she was sounding and feeling. She could tell Yubin wanted to say more, elaborate on why or how the hotel could possibly be safer than “anywhere else in the world”, but she didn’t. 

 

This frustrated Minji to no end. At least Siyeon would tell her everything. 

 

As if Yubin read her mind, “I’ll tell you everything when the time comes, Minji. But please, there’s nothing to be worried about.” The stark opposite of what Siyeon would say to her in this situation.