Ep 9: [FB] Love-Hate

Wants and Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the morning of the first day of class, Taeyeon found herself standing in front of the classroom she was assigned to as written on her registration paper. She drew in a deep breath as she entered the room with a few students already inside. She took the seat in the middle of the second row where no one near was sitting beside her. It was as if the students were avoiding seating near the teacher's table. Taeyeon didn't mind sitting in front row since she can get easily distracted. She felt a little bit tensed now though, since it's the first day of Uni.

She pulls her phone just because there was nothing to do and she got no one to talk to. She was just about to unlock the phone when all of a sudden a girl entered the classroom got her sidetracked. The girl was effortlessly charming, her locks cascaded down in gentle waves framing and emphasizing her face. She wore a stylish yet understated outfit, effortlessly drawing Taeyeon's attention. The girl's entrance screamed cold for her. She was unable to take her eyes of the girl up until she took a seat just four chairs away from her.

Taeyeon realized she was holding her breath when someone taps her shoulder and said, "Blink if you're still alive," the girl beside her suddenly shook her hand and introduces herself as "Sooyoung-unnie".

"Sorry, I'm Taeyeon." she stammered. She straighten up, "So, uhm, unnie-"

"Sorry, I don't even know if I'm older or you are," Sooyoung smiled nervously, "I don't even know if I'm in the right class."

Taeyeon giggled, "Where's your paper?"

"I don't know-- you tell me."

***

At that one subject where they were supposed to introduce themselves, Sooyoung got kicked out of the class since she was supposed to be on another one. They bid their goodbyes as Sooyoung ran to the door.

"Okay, class, I'm Mrs. Han. And I would like to know more of my students here today."

Unfortunately for Taeyeon, she missed the girl's name during the first roll call from the previous class since Sooyoung wouldn't stop talking to her. So for this one, she was so excited to know the girl's name who just captured her heart on the very first sight.

"I'll start with you, Miss...?" The professor pointed at the girl, who, in return, flashed a bright smile, her eyes also beaming.

"Hwang. Tiffany Hwang, Mrs. Han."

Mrs. Han asked Tiffany to come to the center, "So, Ms. Smily-eyes, tell us something about yourself."

"I'm Tiffany. I was born in the US. And, uhm, I don't know.. I kinda of uh, sing?"

A guy from the back of the class started to chant "sing! sing!"

Tiffany's cheeks blushed, "Uhm, okay.."

Taeyeon felt a bang on her chest as the girl sang so sweet that it fel like sweet ringing on her ears.

Eveybody clapped, but Taeyeon was left in awe with agape.

***

It has been a week and Taeyeon was still aloof around Tiffany when inside the class. She felt a little tension everytime their eyes met that made her tremble. Tiffany made friends already with some of their classmates, she was even elected president at some subjects that made her interact with all of them -- of course, including her.

Sooyoung managed to transfer to Taeyeon's class. And as expected of her, Sooyoung was the first one to befriend Tiffany and they  clicked in an instant.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter