Ep 7: For two

Wants and Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: 자만추

Sica! I got it! like, the job?? Yes!! I'm so happy!! that's good news!! congrats, taeyeon! i'm beyeond proud!

Jessica then receives a call from Taeyeon. Taeyeon asks if she is free for lunch, she would like to celebrate for a while since she's within the area of her office.

They agree to meet up at the cafe nearest to Jessica.

Jessica sees Taeyeon from across the street. It seems like Taeyeon took the seats in al fresco. Good thing the weather is very nice today. 

Taeyeon then waves at her, and she waves back. She notices that Taeyeon has company because as Taeyeon waves at her, the girl turns her back to look at her as well.

"Congrats, Taeyeon-ah!" She grabs Taeyeon by the hand, shakes it, and unknowingly pulls Taeyeon for a friendly kiss on the cheek. Her eyes widen a bit realzing what she has done but automatically shrugs the feeling off.

"I-- uh, Yes. Erm. Thanks, J-Jessica," Taeyeon stutters, "By the way--"

"So, you are the Jessica," the girl cuts off Taeyeon and stands up and offers a handshake to Jessica, "Name is Sooyoung, I'm her mother."

Jessica finds it amusing how the tall girl playfully flips her long brown locks. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are very much on the extremes maybe that's why they complement each other.

The three enjoys the iced americano and a celebratory cake from Taeyeon who just got hired. 

"I really do apologize that I did not contact you two for the past few days. I was just extremely nervous." Taeyeon said.

"Well, yeah," Sooyoung stuffs her mouthful of cheesecake, "I was so worried I left Jeju for you."

Jessica seems so coy at this moment, as she enjoys their friendly banters, "It seems like you both know each other since birth, huh?"

Sooyoung turns to her, "Sort of. Actually, I'm upset because she called you first," she palyfully glares at Taeyeon.

"N-N-no," Taeyeon stutters, again.

"She likes me, right?" Jessica teases and turns to Sooyoung.

"Spot on." Sooyoung and Jessica both squints their eyes and smirks.

"Yah! Both of you shut it." Taeyeon threatens them with a fork.

"So Taeyeon, where's your office at?" Jessica asks.

"Not so far from here, actually." Taeyeon's face lightens, "Yeah.. Not so far from here..."

Jessica just occasionally nods while Taeyeon have some things in mind already. 

"So, Jessica, I have heard so much of you from this midget. How's work so far?"

"Eh.. So-so. Normally 8-5 hellhole. I'm still in process of actually replacing the CEO. Just kidding." Jessica shyly smiles. It just seems so comfortable to throw jokes already around them.

"I like the confidence." Sooyoung raises her hand for a high-five.

Not for long, Jessica bids goodbye as her lunch break finishes. They watch her cross the street and as Jessica reaches the other side, the girl waves back at them. Taeyeon, being mesmerized as how cool Jessica looks in her corporate attire-- just how cool she really is. Black blazer over plain white blouse has never looked so elegant. Her long black shiny hair that graces over her shoulder, that she occasionally fixes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter