Ep 8: Past and Future

Wants and Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon reaches her home, her phone tightly gripped in her hand, which is shaking noticeably. Walking towards the entrance of her living room becomes a challenge as sudden flashbacks flood her mind, causing her knees to weaken.

And no, she does not want to waste her energy replying. 

"No, I won't fall for it." She repeats to herself. 

For the past years she's been living under her past and unable to move forward. But every time she sees an opportunity to step into the light, this woman appears to hinder her progress, pulling her back into darkness, chaining her, and reigning over her.

Her phone rings and as she sees it is Sooyoung she answers lightning fast.

"Sooyoung-ah, I--" her heart stopped at that very moment.

"You. I know you wouldn't answer me if I--"

She cuts the call, blocks Sooyoung's number and that girl's then turns off her phone. No, she does not need anymore of her. She just wants it to stop-- her to stop. 

The silence of the night creeps into her, leaving her motionless on the floor, sleep eludesTaeyeon. Without warning, she loses herself. The sleepless night seems to pass quickly, fading away as she dreads facing it. Her digital clock displays 6:00 already, and she stares at her door. It feels as though she's being dragged into hell.

Taeyeon has never felt so scared again to walk through the door, let alone dare to step a foot outside. It is something she was able to cope with during th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter