Ep I: Another Ending

Wants and Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

Pen glides smoothly on paper as Kim Taeyeon signs her resignation letter. Putting the pen down as she sighs and leans her back against her ergonomic chair, "There you go," she says under her breath.

"What is?" Sooyoung suddenly talks behind her.

"I shouldn't have given you my door's passcode," she turns her chair around to face her tall friend who is already making her way to Taeyeon's fridge just like that.

"You know I don't like knocking. I don't wanna startle your little heart. And, I've always wanted to catch you doing something--- fishy." 

"Yah~ What-- fishy-- I'm not gonna--," Taeyeon blushes.

"Oh, you don't have to mumble, Taeyeon. I know." As she pokes the little straw through the yogurt drink and smirks. Sooyoung makes her way to Taeyeon and peeks on the resignation letter on Taeyeon's study. Sooyoung looks at Taeyeon with frustration, in her mind she thinks this girl couldn't make up her mind on what she really needs. She has been with Taeyeon as far as she can remember. The only time they were apart for a long time was when Sooyoung needed to fly to the States to study there for a year or two. And by the time she got back to Korea, Taeyeon was the first person she had to see and pay attention to.

"Really, Taeyeon, when are you going to land a job that will fit your needy ? You're resigning-- again-- how long have you been working in this company? A month?" She doesn't really want to nag, but she's just worried for Taeyeon as we all know they're not getting younger.

"What 'a month'? I've been there for a year.. I think. That breaks all my records, though." Taeyeon proudly said.

"Really..." Sooyoung smiles in disbelief but agrees, "You still think of it as a game you play and break records and stuff. Silly kid. How're you going to pay for your rent now?" Taeyeon managed to get a place when she was still in college. It is not small but not that big as well, pretty enough space for a couple. She always had trouble making it up for her rent after she graduated. Her parents stopped providing for her when she had her first job after college. But then, Taeyeon seems to be so uncertain to how her life will be in the long run.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter