First Day

Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song recommendation for this chap: Hung Up by Arthur Nery

 

 

Seungwan wakes up with the sun rays hitting her skin, she feels the sting in her head that makes her want to vomit. The freshman also noticed that she’s not on her bed, rather she’s laying on the cold hard floor just right beside her soft fluffy bed. Everything is sinking into her now, the head pain, her dry mouth where the alcohol’s spirit still lingers, stomach pain and nausea. Son this is not good.

 

The latter tried her best to get up and lessen the headache while massaging it hard with loud grunts, and just then she remembered that she’s no longer in her Daegu and is now in Seoul with a roommate on the other side, probably disgusted by her situation; passed out drunk on the cold floor.


 

“Uggh Son, what a way to start your uni life.” Seungwan grunts as she sits on the bed and finally has the confidence to check if there’s somebody on the other side of the room. But, she noticed that the previously messy side is now completely neat and that she can clearly see her roommates' things and decor.

 

“No one on the bed, everything’s clean. She even picked up my empty beers. Well, she’s nice for doing that.” Wendy said, as she immediately ran straight to the bathroom to throw up.

 

____

 

Today is the last day before university begins and Seungwan feels agitated, she feels like a child again, the anxiety lingers and she hates everything about it. She’s about to enter a new world without knowing anybody. Well there’s Joohyun but she just doesn't wanna acknowledge the fact that the main reason for her being in this place now treats her like a total stranger.

 

But it’s okay for her, maybe the older just had a bad day that’s why she treated her coldly like that. That thought seems like a reach but she was hopeful. Maybe unnie just had a bad day, maybe not.

 

Seungwan’s head still stings but she feels better than earlier so for her day to be productive she’s decided to redecorate her space and be a useful human being. She was then reaching the top of her cabinet when the door opened and there she saw the unfamiliar woman with cute cheeks, her roommate. When Seungwan looked at the woman in front of her, she was dressed in a pink checkered dress that made her look like a doll, she had brunette hair that fell beautifully on her shoulders, her eyes were circled as well as her cheeks, but the bags under her eyes could not be hidden, so she assumed her roommate had been sleeping late. Seungwan sees the familiarity on her face, but she can't remember exactly. Her dress…

 

“I’m not a thief, just your roommate.” The woman sarcastically said but seungwan couldn't catch what she meant because she was still daydreaming about the girl at the moment.

 

“You’re the checkered woman last night!” Seungwan said, with her big eyes while pointing at the woman.

 

“Checkered woman?” The woman said while chuckling.

“Let me just pay you kid. I’m sorry for your phone by the way.”

 

“Your dress… same like last night, pink checkered dress.” The roommate was shocked by the accusations, but she ignored it and just laughed at the kid’s statement about her look.

 

“Well thank you for taking note of my dress. But I haven’t slept a single bit and my head is already killing me, so let me just excuse myself and dip.” The woman in dress wobbly walks towards her space but Seungwan was surprised when her roommate stopped abruptly just a few feet in front of her, staring down intently at her like she was some kind of a child caught up in her game. Seungwan can’t do anything but gulp dryly for the sake of her sanity. Seungwan breathe, don’t panic, it's just a woman. Inhale 1, 2, 3, exhale. She kinda smells like alcohol and strawberries.

 

“If I have the same dress since last night? What about it? Do I look ugly? Do I smell?” The woman asked with her intimidating aura, and poor Seungwan just shook her head as a response and said,

 

“No ma’am, I just noticed it… You- you’re still pretty and even s-smells good.” Seungwan's response made her roommate immediately take a step back and chuckle.

 

“Oops, I didn't expect that greasy line. I was just kidding, here, meds for the hangover and noodles. I already took mine, and I know you need it.” The lady said as she puts the food on the table and jumps to her bed face down, loud grunts are not enough to show how bad the headache she’s having.

 

“T-thank you ma’am.” Wendy attempted but failed to express her gratitude in a confident tone, but she was delighted to see her roommate raise her arm and make an okay sign as a response.

 

Perhaps the start of my uni life isn't that bad after all.







 

______


 

First day of her University, Seungwan had spent so much time preparing for the new chapter of her life. She remembered those late nights when she had to sacrifice her sleep in order to study so that she could confidently pass the entrance examination of the prestigious university. And she’s here, standing in front of her dream school wearing comfortable clothes on her first day. In SM high, Seungwan was famous for being everyone's favorite classmate and friend, yet now she feels the polar opposite. She's so terrified that she's beginning to wonder if she made the right decision. Seulgi and Moonbyul, why did you guys abandon me here?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__


 

 

Seungwan almost gave up but finding a classroom is really a challenge in this huge school, good thing she survived for her early schedule. She didn’t take her previous subjects seriously for it was just filled with introductions that she hated, all the time she just remained seated at the back, not familiar faces, just her alone. The school looks extremely festive with welcome decorations everywhere, loud music playing, school clubs and stores are there to welcome the freshmen’s first day in this hole. But with all the festivity around, she still feels alone,she feels empty.

 

She's decided to see whether she can already store her belongings in her locker. Upon her arrival, she noticed a couple other students doing the same thing, so she unlocked her locker and placed her school materials inside, but as she closed it, she saw her, the lady who used to be her reason for everything. Seungwan beams at the woman, no matter what happened to them, she can’t help but feel delighted just by seeing her from afar. What if I bring back the mischievous Seungwan.

 

“Jo-Joohyun unnie! Hey unnie!” Seungwan shouted at the hallway, she did not expect to disturb the students who are now looking at her so she just bowed and smiled awkwardly at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter