First

Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song recommendation for this chap: Ayaw Na by Fer


 

Joohyun isn't as warm as she used to be, unnie doesn't appear to be delighted to meet me at all.

 

“Y-yes of course. Anyways,” Joohyun then smiled her eyes barely catching Wendy's gaze. But it’s just then when Wendy notices another presence. Joohyun quickly pulled a tall handsome man beside her, holding his arm firmly she introduced the man to seungwan.

 

“Wendy, meet my boyfriend Jinyoung. Jinyoung, my childhood friend Wendy.” The older one introduced her boyfriend with a hand on his back.

 

Wendy was speechless, and all she could do was smile and hide pain inside her heart.



 

_______________

flashback




 

“Wan, you were out for two days already, coach is definitely gonna kill you. Just ask for an excuse unnie will understand.”


 

“Seulgi I told you, I can’t go to training. I have to help unnie.” Seungwan said as she slings her duffel bag and walks out of the room with her friends Seulgi and Moonbyul.

 

“Wan, isn’t Irene unnie grown and smart enough for you to accompany her on her study lessons?” Moonbyul asked, teasing her small friend.

 

“Byul, stop believing this kid’s made up stories she’s lying. Because our friend here isn't just accompanying Irene unnie. She’s there because her subjects are flunking and she badly needs those lessons.” Seulgi pause a bit before she continues her statement,

 

“Or the Baes will kill her.”

“Or the Baes will kill me.” Seungwan says along with her friend, being used to the statement for it has been her daily reminder ever since she’s been under the Baes’ care.

 

“Oh Son Seungwan, my poor friend Son Seungwan. This is our fault Seulgi, yah! We should write our answers bigger next time so that our Wan here can copy better, she's got really bad eyesight man.” Moonbyul said, and the three just laugh out loud at their friend’s tragic school grades.

 

“I hate you two.”

 

_______________

 

Seungwan ran as fast as she could but the time was just not in her favor, she’s thirty minutes late, again. Her heavy steps can be heard clearly on the hallways for most of the students are gone and only a few left including the tutorial classes. Her heartbeat beating fast, the sweat on her forehead cannot be hidden, the feeling is worse than her coach’s punishment whenever she engages in a fist fight against their opponent.

 

“I’m scared, I should’ve just stayed in the field.” Seungwan said and paused her steps as she saw her classmates now coming out from the room with their bags on.


 

“Are you done?” Seungwan mouthed her questions towards her classmates making sure her voice wasn't heard by anybody and they agreed by nodding their heads.

 

“Oh , oh .” Seungwan walks slowly towards the room, her heart beating so loud.


 

A few more steps before the latter has decided to withdraw her attempt to visit and just go home without seeing her unnie. Seungwan turned her back slowly, opposite from her loud steps minutes ago, now the girl is trying her best to mute every step she takes to move away from the room’s door.

 

“Son Seungwan." The girl halted her featherly steps as she heard the voice.

 

“Hi pretty Joohyun unnie.” Seungwan greets her tutor with the fakest smile and three fake laughs she could ever make.

 

“Don’t ‘pretty Joohyun unnie’ me Seungwan, get in.” Irene said with her deadly stares, even pushed her eye glasses up her nose using her middle finger.

 

That’s the scary move Irene does whenever she’s in a serious deadly mode, which made seungwan pray for her friends' spiritual guidance instantly. With the latter’s head low she followed Irene’s steps trying to look more pitiful just in case the older is gonna scold her. Seungwan sat on the front chair before Irene’s table and sat properly like a good student that she is, while the older was looking for something inside her bag.

 

“Here, tie your hair wannie, you look like you got chased by a tiger.” Seungwan heard her nickname so it’s a sign of ceasefire.


 

She slowly raised her head with a huge grin on her face and picked up the hair tie quickly. As she ties her hair still with a silly smile she always uses to the older when suddenly a pink handkerchief was thrown hard on her face and she definitely knows where it came from. She looked at the older with a pout and furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Wipe your face, stop looking at me like that.” Irene asked strictly, which scared Seungwan. She can’t even wipe her face peacefully and now the latter is blaming her expressive face for looking like that at her tutor.

 

“ And Son Seungwan, why were you absent today? Is it more important than studying?” The accused can’t even form proper words to defend herself.

 

“But I tried to come early unnie, I even ran fastly, like so fast just to be on time. I’m just 20 minutes late, ish.”

 

“Get your clock checked because from mine you’re 40 minutes late. Wait, make it 41, just to be exact.”

 

“Unnie.”

 

“You need to learn how to manage your time properly Seungwan, you’re already in your second year, you can’t be like this all the time. I’m graduating soon. I can’t always be here to straighten you up.” Irene looked serious as she scolded Seungwan.

 

“I’m sorry unnie.” Seungwan said, those words from the older hit some senses inside of her and it hurts.

 

Her eyes teary, as she tried not to show Irene she got hurt. Seungwan agreed though, she is still immature sometimes and she feels like she's being a nuisance to her friends for being a happy go lucky person. The latter thought that she’s being selfish for making everybody look out for her. And yes, Irene’s gonna go to the uni soon, she feels sad about it every time she thinks about it and hates herself for being too dependent on the senior.

 

“Not to me, to yourself. Seungwan, if you're gonna fail your subjects again, I swear your father’s gonna hear about this for real this time. It’s either you choose between your studies and varsity, or you will try and manage them both. ” Irene said sternly, while Seungwan just nodded her head while covering her face.

 

“Yes unnie, I will try to manage them both, I promise.” Seungwan said, her head still down and now sniffing cause of the tears she couldn't hold back until she felt her tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter