part 2

quite a test
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"okay, rock paper scissors for who's waking up unnie." seungwan calls from the kitchen after she's done with the breakfast.

"it's not fair, i did it the last time." yerim whines.

"how is it not fair? it's rock paper scissors. nothing could be more-"

"-i'll do it-!"

"-fair. what?" seulgi blinks at sooyoung, who just moments ago was dozing off on the couch.

"none of you wants to wake her, so i'll do it." she shrugs trying to look nonchalant.

"i guess." seulgi says slowly, watching sooyoung like she might lose it any second now.

"unnie wants to do it, let her do it." yerim waves them off, happy to she won't have to.

sooyoung points at yerim and hurries off to their room - much to the confusion of the other three.

"a appeal, you know?" yoonju says.

" appeal?" sooyoung repeats the english words.

"you want to look good. alluring. inviting." she takes a sip of soju. "you want them to be tripping over their feet wanting to get to you."

"how do i do that?"

"a little bit of that," yoonju flips her hair, "a little bit of this," bats her lashes and bites her bottom lip, "and to finish it-" she sticks out her tongue a little and softly bites it.

sooyoung claps in amazement.

"you have to be careful to not overdo it," she warns sooyoung, then takes a long look at her. "but i have a feeling you're going to be a natural.

"natural at what?"

"flirting, sooyoung-ah, flirting."

but sooyoung is not as experienced as yoonju, so she'll need all the help she can get. she opens her closet with a swift motion, grabbing her new too-big white t-shirt, shimmies out of her pajama pants, and puts on shorts. with a quick glance at the mirror, she nods to herself - she managed to get the look she had in mind perfectly. she won't lie, she did ask the internet for help but what else do you use it if not for this?

y looks, she had googled and got a bunch of women with white t-shirts and no pants and high socks. she didn't put on the white socks, that would be overkill, she thinks. the white t-shirt seems believable and she wouldn't be walking around with no pants while the rest of the members were around so she had to settle for shorts.

now to pray joohyun will find this y too.

("did she change?" yerim points at the now-closed joohyun's bedroom door sooyoung just disappeared behind.

"what is going on?" seulgi frowns and looks at the other two in confusion.

"i don't want to be a part of this," seungwan shakes her head. "i don't want to know.")

sooyoung enters the room quietly, this room in particular - joohyun's bedroom - is a sacred place in their dorms. it's difficult to enter uninvited, especially in a moment like this when joohyun is unaware that anyone is inside besides her. more than once each member was scolded for entering her room without permission and breaching her privacy.

everyone who knows joohyun also knows how private she is. everything is her business alone. the reason they used to listen outside her room to hear her dialect was because she would not talk with her mom in front of others. dialect itself was a private thing, she would not speak at all because she didn't want anyone to know she had an accent. the fact that she's not from seoul was her own business, not anyone else's. that's what she used to say.

she looked cold like she wouldn't give a damn about anyone but herself during trainee years. she was scared that joohyun would scold her if she did anything wrong so she would stay away from her. well, until joohyun approached her first. sooyoung was wrong back then, she found out that joohyun was the warmest person there.

still is.

private doesn't equal cold and all the people have some bias towards themselves, for some reason, joohyun seems to care more towards others. it's the way she was raised, sooyoung supposes. but then thinks back to her own life and figures that no, it's just the way she is at the core of her heart - warm to the people she loves.

maybe that's why sooyoung fell for her. because she was so sincere with taking care of her without asking or wanting anything in return.

she should make some effort to repay her, sooyoung decides. it's not fair.

later, she will. but now she's on a mission. sooyoung feels like she's doing something forbidden and in a way she is. joohyun has no idea what she's about to do.

"unnie," sooyouns calls her softly, inching closer to the bed.

obviously still sleeping, joohyun turns to her side and away from her. sooyoung inches even closer puts her hand on the duvet and slides it close to joohyun's body.

"unnie, breakfast is ready." sooyoung says just as soft.

with still no evident signs of joohyun being awake sooyoung moves closer, putting her hand on bare joohyun's arm. joohyun's eyes open immediately, she takes a look at sooyoung one and drags her arm over her eyes with a sign.

"i'm awake," she says with a raspy voice that makes sooyoung want to kiss her.

that won't do, sooyoung has chosen the outfit and volunteered to wake her for a reason, and if she will just roll over and ignore her then what's the use of all that? she has to fo something to get her attention, but what? sooyoung walks over to the other side of the bed, using the moment of joohyun being still sleepy and unaware of what's going on around her to her advantage. she raises her leg and drops it on the other side of joohyun's hips, successfully straddling her.

"but unnie," she whines. "you need to wake up now."

joohyun's arm raises from her eyes and she grips sooyoung's upper thigh, rendering her speechless. suddenly, sooyoung feels hot all over under the watchful eyes of her unnie she tries to think of anything to say but she can't so she just looks down. at her braless check under thin white t-shirt- god, what was she thinking. she didn't even have a solid plan! what joohyun now must think of her, what should she even do-

the grip on her leg tightens and sooyoung raises her eyes to meet joohyun's.

"what are you doing?" joohyun asks.

what is she doing? that is a very good question.

"what are you doing?" sooyoung repeats the question in blind panic, referring to the hand. "i'm just trying to wake you in a more fun way," she says and then adds in a smile.

joohyun's hand starts to slip away and thinking fast sooyoung tightens her legs around her hips, still smiling innocently like she isn't doing a thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter